• ...and so much more!
  • zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    I'm a legacy guy.

I regret selling my ancient Gen 1 Model 19 in the black Tupperware box.
    It may be the most significant gun in the history of humanity.

Take it for what it's worth because I think Raquel Welch is the hottest woman in the history of the cosmos.

FWIW she's 79 years old in about 3 weeks.
    Life is good.
    Fleeting, but good.

View attachment 181269

Gen 1 19's are absurdly rare and were only made for one or two police depts. The 19 got it's wide release when gen 2 came around.

A real gen 1 19 can go for a lot of money

Geezer

Mostly Peaceful
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 23, 2019
    Silsbee, Texas
    Gen 1 Glocks are going for crazy money now. A local guy and Glock collector had an early Gen 1 G17 with all the accessories and he listed it on GB. He started the auction at .01. It sold for $6525!!!!!
    Gen 2's are my favorite and I have a few G17's and G19's. Gen 2 Glocks are getting harder to find and I've kinda warmed up to the Gen 3. I do not care for the finger grooves nor the light rail. What I do like is that parts will interchange from Gens 1-3. This stopped with Gen 4.
    This one is my favorite. Its a 1991 G19 that I've owned since 1994. It's been carried a lot and has thousands of rounds through it.

GP.jpg

Attachments

• GP.jpg
      GP.jpg
      86.7 KB · Views: 788

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    Gen 1 Glocks are going for crazy money now. A local guy and Glock collector had an early Gen 1 G17 with all the accessories and he listed it on GB. He started the auction at .01. It sold for $6525!!!!!
    Gen 2's are my favorite and I have a few G17's and G19's. Gen 2 Glocks are getting harder to find and I've kinda warmed up to the Gen 3. I do not care for the finger grooves nor the light rail. What I do like is that parts will interchange from Gens 1-3. This stopped with Gen 4.
    This one is my favorite. Its a 1991 G19 that I've owned since 1994. It's been carried a lot and has thousands of rounds through it.

View attachment 181277

There is still lots of parts interchangability, though small parts like trigger springs will need their specific trigger assembly housings and trigger bars to work.

Really the only parts that won't interchange across gens 1-4 are RSA's. Gen 5 had big changes, but are actual serious improvements, and gen 5 still has quite a bit of parts interchangeability with older gens

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    Anything that holds a new G17 should work, no?
    Closer to a 19. 19 length slide. Not sure what holsters will dislike the ambi slide release. I could google it but thought I’d ask the guy who is already packing his and add content. Lol

Last edited:

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Closer to a 19. 19 length slide. Not sure what holsters will dislike the ambi slide release. I could google it but thought I’d ask the guy who is already packing his and add content. Lol

Yeah, you're right.
    I got the changes mixed up, lol.
    I've yet to see one to burn it into my brain.

Geezer

Mostly Peaceful
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 23, 2019
    Silsbee, Texas
    There is still lots of parts interchangability, though small parts like trigger springs will need their specific trigger assembly housings and trigger bars to work.

Really the only parts that won't interchange across gens 1-4 are RSA's. Gen 5 had big changes, but are actual serious improvements, and gen 5 still has quite a bit of parts interchangeability with older gens
    Try to swap slides from Gens 1, 2, or 3 with a Gen 4 or 5.

Texasgordo

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    Gonzales, Texas
    I only have experience with Gen 2s and Gen 3s. I prefer the Gen 2 because I don't like the finger grooves. I had a Gen 2 17 that was perfect but sold it when I needed the money. Now I just have a Gen 2 19 which is a great shooter.

The Gen 3 21 fits my hand perfectly and the finger grooves actually work for me.

I hope to get Gen 5 soon to see what the fuss is about. I have zero interest in getting a Gen4.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    Try to swap slides from Gens 1, 2, or 3 with a Gen 4 or 5.

That is possible, and will work, though it will damage your frame, and should be avoided.

Many other parts still work, though as i said, may require other parts to be swapped to work correctly

Last edited:

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    Zack, I’m going to the dfw gun show the 24th. Any recommendations for 19x holsters?

For owb use, i have a safariland 7TS so i can use a wml, and a safariland 6378. I'm not crazy about the 7TS but it's about as close to reasonable as you can get for an owb holster for a gun with WML. For iwb i use my alien gear. I also had comptac minoutar but it didn't hide the gun as well as the alien gear did

Just make sure the holster has space for the almbi slide stop and it should be ok. I had an older safariland (can't remember the model) that would fit a gen 5, but it wasn't meant for one and was a very tight fit.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    You're kidding, right? Someone knocked on my back door, loudly, at 3:56AM today. The pistol I grabbed to go outside and look around was a Gen 1 G17. The box and all the accessories are here in the house.

You're saying my sister's carry gun, that she bought for $250 and has been carrying for over 20 years, might be worth more than she paid for it?

Of all the guns in the house, that's the most utilitarian "it's-just-a-tool" piece of hardware either of us own. At least, in our minds it is. That someone else might feel differently just blows my mind.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Nobody outside. My sis tends to stay up all night and was in the living room when the knock came. She yelled "Just a minute!" at the sound of the knock and whoever was knocking decided to leave, pronto.

I guess it's like trying car doors; they were apparently looking for easy pickings.

Geezer

Mostly Peaceful
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 23, 2019
    Silsbee, Texas
    You're kidding, right? Someone knocked on my back door, loudly, at 3:56AM today. The pistol I grabbed to go outside and look around was a Gen 1 G17. The box and all the accessories are here in the house.

You're saying my sister's carry gun, that she bought for $250 and has been carrying for over 20 years, might be worth more than she paid for it?

Of all the guns in the house, that's the most utilitarian "it's-just-a-tool" piece of hardware either of us own. At least, in our minds it is. That someone else might feel differently just blows my mind.
    I'm happy to hear that it was a non-event and everyone is still safe.

His G17 was a very early one with the pencil barrel and all accessories down to the manual. There was a lot of chatter about it on a Glock forum. He started the auction at a penny. At the end I think it was 2 or 3 guys that didn't want the other guy to get it and they kept bidding. Kinda like a who's is bigger contest. The real winner was the selller, $6525! And, he told me that people laughed at him when he told them he collected old Glocks.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    His G17 was a very early one with the pencil barrel and all accessories...
    That's the sort of detailed collector knowledge I just don't have. Thanks for clueing me in to the fact that not all Gen 1 G17 Glocks are the same. I would have never cared to ferret out knowledge like that on my own.

Top Bottom