APOD Firearms

Glenn 'Flem' Flemmings (EX- Red Jacket) new site, updates on status.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    Don't know how many are still watching the program Sons of Guns , but one of the more poplar guys has left and started his own business. Due to contract restrictions, just got ok to post, tweet, etc. tonight about it.

His company: Acadiana Gunworks

Facebook posting explaining it: https://www.facebook.com/permalink....113&id=204638072883094&ref=notif&notif_t=like

His youtube channel where he is doing drama free gun videos: ThegunnersVault

If you want to follow the first guy that left them a while back, Vincent Buckles, here is his site.Mesa Kinetic Research

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    Been subscribed to him on YouTube for quiite a while. I saw that he started his own shop a few months ago. Real cool guy, he has commented back and answered questions I asked before.

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    Whaaaaat-flem left too? Damn. Red Jacket is hurting.

I checked out his blog and youtube-that dude is one class act. :thumbup:

Last edited:

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Flem was good - but his departure will NOT be a major blow. Chris an' Steph ain't leaving, they've said before that the other business won't require that. Haven't had a chance to watch last night's show yet, so not sure what Joe may/may not be up to. Ya'll have to remember - RJF has an entire other facility dedicated to turnin' out their primary production guns - what we see is but their R&/Special Projects/TV Crap/Main Office. There's plenty of very capable folks waitin' in the wings.

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    I really can't believe the money problems things. Especially that this last season was filmed during the panic. Those guys are driving some high dollar vehicles this year, and they just opened their retail store. Probably just scripted drama.

Images+Discovery+Channel+hit+series+Sons+Guns+u9EErHQuk-jl.jpg

RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    Probably scripted. Admittedly, I thought the show was more interesting this season. /shrug

I missed last night's episode on accident, though.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Hmmmmm.....SoG sounds eerily like it's following in the footsteps of American Chopper....

Flemmings was previously a USAF MH-53 PAVE LOW (long-range CSAR helo) gunner.

NeckBeard

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 13, 2013
    made the mistake of watching the show for the first time in months yesterday. Pure drama.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    It would help to understand the local Lafayette, LA, firearms market. Since the venerable Bell's Sporting Goods quit handling firearms some ten or so years ago; the "Acadiana" area has been underserved. Remaining gun shops included "Barney's", north of town, a favorite of LEO's; the high-priced & haughty Lafayette Shooter's Supply (Mark-ups ABOVE MSRP's, anyone ?); and the long-flagging "Custom Gun Works", which ruined my J P Sauer doublegun back in the early 1970's. The new deal involved a buy-out of Custom Gun Works, many improvements, and now, a natural expansion. Southside Lafayette was starved for a reasonably-priced alternative with a REAL gunsmith. The new, improved business will be very, very welcome.

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    ............ and the episode tonight looked like Joe was cleaning out his office too.

What do you bet that they want you to think it's crashing down, then in the first episode next year it will show him moving into a brand new office.;)

How could they not have made money in the last year during this panic? I now see their labeled stuff everywhere. Academy had their AR branded magazines overflowing the racks.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Yeah, thats probably why they'd be suffering financial problems

I know you were joking, but if they just opened a retail facility, they really might have financial issues. Buildouts ain;'t cheap, and then you have to man the store and stock it. I have seen stores go out of business in less than six months before. You would think they would have killed it over the last half year, but its possible they could have gotten in over their heads. Would not be the first time.

cbigclarke

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    cypress
    I know you were joking, but if they just opened a retail facility, they really might have financial issues. Buildouts ain;'t cheap, and then you have to man the store and stock it. I have seen stores go out of business in less than six months before. You would think they would have killed it over the last half year, but its possible they could have gotten in over their heads. Would not be the first time.

That would make sense; but they are getting nice pay checks from that show

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Top Bottom