• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Anyone actually tried one? apparently they are the current "hottest peppers in the world" clocking in at 1,359,000 on the Scoville scale.

>=) i like lots of spicy stuff, including habeneros. ( after a nice dry season, a hot one can hit at 350,000 tops. hot, but doesnt come close to the ghost chili)

i dont think i would be munching on these bad boys fresh, but would most liekly use them as an additive, to give a dish a nuclear rating.

i hear there is a place in san antonio that makes a super hot burger they tout as
    "the hottest burger in the world" but after reading review after review, and all of them warning everyone who reads it to not even try to eat one... i think i may pass.

i still want to grow a couple plants though!

heheh if nothing else i could make my own pepper spray!
    Lynx Defense

nalioth

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Houston Metro
    Except it's not available.

The Naga Viper was created in England by chilli farmer Gerald Fowler of The Chilli Pepper Company, based in Cark, Cumbria.[3] It is an unstable three-way hybrid produced from the Naga Morich, the Bhut Jolokia and the Trinidad Scorpion (some of the world's hottest peppers).[4] Due to the nature of it being a hybrid it is unable to produce offspring exactly like the parent due to segregation of alleles and therefore traits. The Chilli Pepper Company is continuing its work to stabilize the variety.

If you can't get it, does it really count?

Nope.

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    oh snap.

another one now.

my boss jsut told me naga means "naked" or "dirty"

Acesn8's

Well-Known
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Llano county
    Texas Select Seasonings makes a seasoning called "Ghost Dust"...pretty good stuff. The Rattlesnake Dust is pretty good too.

I mix the Ghost Dust with some good Ranch to make a pizza dippin' sauce.

Texas Select Seasonings

Interesting site bookmarked it, thanks

I would like to try my hand at growing some ghost chilies .I found a place that sells the seeds 3 fer 10.00 kinda pricey but dang, a feller could possibly make some money there heh heh heh. Habs and jalapenos is what I grow and the Habs aka
    firecrackers are ready fer pickin .

Skip

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    NW San Antonio
    I have a bottle of Daves Insanity "Ghost Pepper Naga Jolokia sauce", it's some hot stuff... Chunkies burgers in san Antonio has the "Four Horseman" burger that was featured on Man vs Food. it's made with ghost peppers

Dcav

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2009
    Converse
    I have a bottle of Daves Insanity "Ghost Pepper Naga Jolokia sauce", it's some hot stuff... Chunkies burgers in san Antonio has the "Four Horseman" burger that was featured on Man vs Food. it's made with ghost peppers
    First time we went there a Air Force guy was attempting it, then he started puking, bet it burned both ways

randy_rcr

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    San Antonio
    Skip my cousin has a bottle of that i tried a drop.... The word hot is an understatement he loves spicy stuff and it took him a year to finish it. If you look on the back it says something like 5 drops per pound of meat, and that it can be used as an industrial degreaser lol

Skip

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    NW San Antonio
    Skip my cousin has a bottle of that i tried a drop.... The word hot is an understatement he loves spicy stuff and it took him a year to finish it. If you look on the back it says something like 5 drops per pound of meat, and that it can be used as an industrial degreaser lol

Yeah, it usually takes me awhile to go through what I have. But it only takes a small amount of this to heat up a whole pot of chili or whatever.

TxDad

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Central Texas
    I was tricked into eating insanity sauce one time. I thought I'd be better than the guy before who put a few drops on his taco. That burned so bad. I thought it would never stop. That kind of shit takes the fun out of hot things.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    setter1
    Top Bottom