• ...and so much more!
  • innominate

Asian Cajun
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Austin
    I’m 53, and I have a soon-to-be-2-year old, and a 3.5 year old toddler.

The lack of time to exercise is making me feel old and weaker than I’ve ever been.

But the main reality is, I’m just tired. I empty the tank daily just tending to the boys, and once they’re asleep I basically collapse from exhaustion.
    We're the same age. I couldn't imagine dealing with kids at this point in my life. I'm ready to retire lol.

Having to wear readers to clip my fingernails and pulling my back every once in a while are the only things that make me feel older. The back wouldn't be a problem if I would get off my lazy ass and exercise again.

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    inn,

You don't sound lazy to me.

Keeping up with very small children 'is' exhausting...

Enjoy them while you can...

I miss my Grandchildren who used to exhaust the hell outta me when they were little, but I also loved it!

They're all grown up now and have flown the coop to parts far, far away!!

single stack

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2011
    FL
    1728283023869.png

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    <?>

I’ve already told Son #2 that he’ll have to tell me when I can’t drive or carry.

So far, I seem OK @ 81.

This 5-level cervical spinal decompression surgery has been a tough recovery. I’m over 3 months out from the operation, on physical therapy, but must angle my JEEP to look right when entering cross traffic.

We bought the really expensive ‘’extended care’’ insurance through Texas Medical Association decades back, so that phase won’t financially beak the survivor. I hope. . . . . . . .

A friend in SE LA had to put his demented Wife into “memory care”; it was $21K/month.

Assisted living places are extremely anti-2A, even those not involving “memory care”.

We looked at an assisted living apartment for us both. They began: It is $7K/mo for a 2BR/2B. OK. . . . that’s $7K for EACH of you. . . . . OK, then another $700/mo for mandatory “meals ticket” for each. . . . . Then, there are extra charges for utilities, cable, electricity, etc. And, no covered parking. Extra $500/mo if you need the van to take you to Dr. appointments, etc. EACH. That is if we don’t need “memory care” or nursing services. . . . .

Our financial guy says to just do what we need to do & don’t worry about money.

Says he sees Million$ of dead folks’ life savings go to ungrateful GK’s every month.

I’m seriously considering re-doing our wills to reflect how each GK has treated us during our dotages. I have my favorites, and for very good reasons.

But, if we let the dems steal this election, all would be lost anyway. Sad that we must prepare to fight our own government, thanks to Soros & Obama.

leVieux

<>

Last edited:
    Top Bottom