• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Age is a state of mind regardless of bodily condition. I’m a relative youngster, but my former life is catching up. Part of my decision to retire from the military was the fact that I was getting hurt at a pace that, if kept up, would jeopardize my ability to pick up and/or play with grandkids (if they ever come).

Most days I can get around fine and I still have a relatively good amount of mobility, but I haven’t been without pain in my back and knees for more than a decade now. Luckily, it’s easily controlled, but stairs are a bitch routinely. As is getting up out of a low chair.

I came to my folks when they were 40 and we enjoyed a good life outdoors. My kids came when I was 20 and we did, too. Hopefully grandkids will come soon, because I reckon the next 20 years will be the last decades I’ll be able to enjoy the outdoors actively.

Sometimes it’s depressing to think about but I know there’s a lot my son will pass on when it comes to enjoying and taking care of the land and that brings me joy.

I’ve been blessed to have a life well lived so far and hope I can continue to say that to the end of my days. A long, long time from now.

Top Bottom