• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Age is a state of mind regardless of bodily condition. I’m a relative youngster, but my former life is catching up. Part of my decision to retire from the military was the fact that I was getting hurt at a pace that, if kept up, would jeopardize my ability to pick up and/or play with grandkids (if they ever come).

Most days I can get around fine and I still have a relatively good amount of mobility, but I haven’t been without pain in my back and knees for more than a decade now. Luckily, it’s easily controlled, but stairs are a bitch routinely. As is getting up out of a low chair.

I came to my folks when they were 40 and we enjoyed a good life outdoors. My kids came when I was 20 and we did, too. Hopefully grandkids will come soon, because I reckon the next 20 years will be the last decades I’ll be able to enjoy the outdoors actively.

Sometimes it’s depressing to think about but I know there’s a lot my son will pass on when it comes to enjoying and taking care of the land and that brings me joy.

I’ve been blessed to have a life well lived so far and hope I can continue to say that to the end of my days. A long, long time from now.

MountainGirl

Hovering
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 22, 2022
    Big Thicket
    For me, the best part of being old is that we got to live free through the best of times, and know how to experience life fully without cell phones or internet... so, eventually, when online is no more, our disorientation and angst will be nominal if at all. And if the price for living in the best of times is being old with bad eyes and achin' knees? I'll take that deal all day long. :)

Last edited:

TXAZ

:)
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 14, 2014
    South of the Red, North of the Gulf
    For me, the best part of being old is that we got to live free through the best of times, and know how to experience life fully without cell phones or internet... so, eventually, when online is no more, our disorientation and angst will be nominal if at all. And if the price is being old with bad eyes and achin' knees? I'll take that deal all day long. :)
    Age is a state of mind regardless of bodily condition. …

I’ve been blessed to have a life well lived so far and hope I can continue to say that to the end of my days. A long, long time from now.

Ditto & Amen.
    We live in a great First-world country (yea we have some real issues).
    Traveled / lived abroad and realize how good our lives are compared to many other places.

The aches and pains come with wisdom. And an interesting reflection on our lives and that of others today.

But life is fragile, precious and short.
    But find something to enjoy every day, even with the pains.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    Depressing thread is depressing..

I'm 56 and feel like a million dollars every day.

Yeah I have aches and yeah I wear readers to work on guns too
    But dang life is amazing and good

Every day above the grass is good and a blessing to experience

having goals and dreams of excellence keeps me going.
    seeing m son grow into a better man than me keeps me going

Getting a video call my my grand daughter who wants to talk to Pop-Pop keeps me going

I good steak and baked potato keep me going

Working out hard at the gym keeps me going

I am blessed

Top Bottom