• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    For me it's the osteoarthritis in both knees, plus the torn meniscus in the left (which is amazing, considering how little cartilage is left in either one). Hobbling around on a cane definitely makes me feel old.

The upside is, I've gotten my ass back into exercising on a regular basis and it does wonders for me. Nothing elaborate, no gym membership (or, well, any gym nearby to have one at), I just get up an hour early (the biggest challenge), go out to my workshop and pull my punching dummy out of the corner. Fifteen solid minutes of beating the shit out of him gets my heart going, gets me winded, and gives me a nice burn in my shoulders. At that point I take a shower and start my day feeling better. Get out and get that exercise, man. It'll do you a world of good.
    I can empathize. Arthritis and meniscus issues in both knees. Scoped them once, may see if doc will do that again (trying to postpone full replacement).

Cycling 10 miles a day, but I can't honestly say it has made much of a difference in how I feel. Guess it can't hurt, so I keep it up.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    I can empathize. Arthritis and meniscus issues in both knees. Scoped them once, may see if doc will do that again (trying to postpone full replacement).

Cycling 10 miles a day, but I can't honestly say it has made much of a difference in how I feel. Guess it can't hurt, so I keep it up.

Yeah, I'm putting off knee replacements too (freaked out by the surgery, even more freaked out by the copay). My orthopedic doctor told me as screwed up as my knees are, fixing the torn meniscus would just be unnecessary discomfort and inconvenience for very little improvement.

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    Our bodies are much like any other 'mechanical thing' - use the hell out of them and the joints (among other things) eventually go 'ka-blooey'!

Almost every thing on my body has gone south....hands arthritic as hell, left knee shot, both shoulder joints need replacement, half deaf, (I won't wear my hearing aids as I detest them) and actually can no longer speak without pain and now I need cataract surgery, plus insomnia and the list goes on...getting old kinda sucks...

OK, so perhaps some appreciation for longevity is due, as so many of my friends and family starting at my age or younger are all now dead. Yeah, yeah, I'm lamenting still being alive...ok, some...but, there's an additional cost for staying above ground...

Yeah, I get it...but, being dead might (as it eventually will happen) migt not be all that bad (as if I have a choice) ...am I suicidal...nope, too damn stubborn for that shit...I'll keep on keeping on, but having once (for decades - as I was once a physical fitness fanatic for decades) had a body that was super strong and one I was very proud of.

However, in the pursuit of great physical fitness, I 'way over did it'...like if 20 reps with free weights was good, I'd do 120...cuz, if it was worth doing ...overdoing was better...and now...I realize 'moderation' was the better part of valor...so now, I walk like an injured crab....and I laugh at myself for being such a dip-shit...

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    "I’m seriously considering re-doing our wills to reflect how each GK has treated us during our dotages. I have my favorites, and for very good reasons."

The effort to have your will redone is quite minimal...

If my GK's turned into surly and unappreciative grown up brats, the will 'would' be redone...

<>

Of the 10, 4 are really good, one is awful, one is p-w’d, & one has been raised to believe that she could do no wrong. The other 3 are still inadequately proven.

OK, it is the effort to make up my mind to do it.

<>

Last edited:

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    "I’m seriously considering re-doing our wills to reflect how each GK has treated us during our dotages. I have my favorites, and for very good reasons."

The effort to have your will redone is quite minimal...

If my GK's turned into surly and unappreciative grown up brats, the will 'would' be redone...
    An inheritance is something granted, not an entitlement. I would not do that lightly, but I will do this where appropriate.

Top Bottom