• ...and so much more!
  • M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    yep.

infact, they kindof defeat their own arguments there.

"No reason for anyone TO have [fully automatic weapons]"
    "The second amendment exists...to protect us from living under tyranny"
    "IT is a fantasy that we could defeat the government with guns .... It [2nd amendment] was written when they [gov't] had muskets, we [citizenry] had muskets"

So now, they have full auto and DDs -- so for the second amendment to make sense, shouldn't we as well?

and maher mentions we have "The F22" weren't these retired recently?

i'm with kyle on this one.

The F22s were grounded, but I can't remember why. Some mechanical failure in one of them, and they want to make sure none of the others fail the same way. Basically a safety recall...

And yes, we should have ready access to full auto, crew served and yeah, even artillery. I can't think of a practical reason why we shouldn't be able to go down to the local gun store, hand over some cash and come home with a new RPG-7 or recoilless...
    DK Firearms

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Ah, found it. The Raptors were grounded because pilots were getting light-headed and experiencing symptoms similar to hypoxia. They're flying again, but the worry is that the pilots were suffering carbon monoxide poisoning because the Raptor uses bleed air from the compressor (like an airliner) instead of an oxygen tank.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Ah, found it. The Raptors were grounded because pilots were getting light-headed and experiencing symptoms similar to hypoxia. They're flying again, but the worry is that the pilots were suffering carbon monoxide poisoning because the Raptor uses bleed air from the compressor (like an airliner) instead of an oxygen tank.

Actually, the F-22 On-Board Oxygen Generation System is still tit's up; they were grounded again last month after an incident at Langley AFB in Virginia...

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    That was hard for me to watch. They sat there with smug little smiles discussing the dismantling of rights that were put into place to keep Asxholes like that from exerting their will on the average citizen. They may have money but I have my firearms. Guns trump money.

God made man. Samuel Colt made them equal.

The knot heads in the flick failed to get it: A determined, armed group properly applied, can whip technology and firepower in the long run. People who have guts and guns cannot be enslaved and the baddest SOB on Earth is no tougher than a 20 cent bullet. Conversely, Jews went to the ovens by the trainloads because they tried to get along with their captors and felt "If we just hang on a little longer and go with the flow, things will get better." Fuxk that.

I'm thankful that the framers of our Constitution and Bill of Rights were so ingenious. They had the foresight to make changes those pukes in the flick were discussing difficult to accomplish. They just can't "get rid of" the Second Amendment.

Flash

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I don't see fighting the military as much of an argument, soldiers are americans and at the point of civil war i don't see them turning on their families to obey unlawful orders.

biglucky

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Dripping Springs, TX
    I don't know why I keep getting surprised by how stupid the libtards are. I have always known they were stupid but since the Dear Leader was inducted into the White House it seems they have all decided that it is "cool" to open their pie holes and spout their ignorance.....

None of the other rights granted by the constitution are worth the paper they are written on without the power to back them up, which is granted by the second amendment.. What amazes me is that those who would take away the power from the people to defend their rights advocate the government using the same kind of power to take it.

Kind of off topic but not really, got this in the email today.. this twunt in the video made me think about it. A new word that belongs in Websters to define the current political leadership.

Ineptocracy (in-ep-toc’-ra-cy) - a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed, are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    Won't happen. They need 75% of the states to ratify it. This is all rhetoric. All they're going to do is try to chip away at freedom over time. We just need to come right back and make slightly bigger chips at restrictions.

If we want to win this fight we have to have an accepting culture in the gun community. We already do, but we can always improve.

We need to take someone hunting, take someone shooting, etc. We need to familiarize people with them, teach them about history. I find that if you explain how things work, stress safety up front, and let someone shoot yours that it alleviates a lot of fear for people.

There's a lot of people where I work that come from all over and have very diverse backgrounds (from all over the world and both sexes). Probably 90% never fired a gun before moving to Texas and working in our office. Some are even...gasp....Democrats. I never hide my affinity for guns or hunting. There's at least a handful of people that are regular shooters now, on their own, after having them come shoot with some of us.

We need to make it accessible, safe and fun. Scowling around bitching about Obama and and how "I'd shoot anyone taking my guns" is counter-productive (even if a valid argument).

Point of my long-winded ramble: If we want to protect our rights we need to invite someone to go shooting, teach them safety, and have more people exercise those rights.

hkusp1

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    DALLAS, TX
    Bill mahr is a liberal douche. The thought of the government using nuclear weapons on American soil is ridiculous and show the sheer stupidity of the sorry excuse of a man.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    I don't see fighting the military as much of an argument, soldiers are americans and at the point of civil war i don't see them turning on their families to obey unlawful orders.
    Most won't, but enough will that it will be a problem. Read more civil war history... Cousins and even brothers killing each other wasn't unheard of.

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    I did quite a bit of study on the Civil War. It was sad and bloody, like most wars, but mainly it just seemed very personal. I hope that never happens again here in the US.

TrailDust

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Kalifornication
    MSNBC analyst and soon-to-be host of a daytime television show on the network Alex Wagner is asked what she thinks needs to be removed in the Constitution. Wagner says the second Amendment since it doesn't seem to fit in with the others.

Obviously that stupid bitch never read the Federalist Papers. Then again, what liberal does or ever has?

AcidFlashGordon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    If Maher was any more of an idiot liberal douche, he'd already be flushed down the toilet. Just his comment about the government "having nukes" proves that he's as clueless as the rest of the libiturds floating in the cesspool. Does this stupid
    crapanimated.gif
    think that the government would use nuclear weapons on American citizens? Not even Obastard is that f**king stupid.

And anyone from or associated with PMSNBC is so full of that same
    crapanimated.gif
    their eyes are brown...

TrailDust

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Kalifornication
    That's no frikkin joke. She thinks Starbucks and an iPhone are all you need to be a good American.

What better way for them to organize Occupy Wall Street crowds? Now be a good American, do what the liberals say, and follow their every dictate like the mindless robot you're supposed to be....

Funny, if we were removing things from the Constitution, I'd start with the 17th Amendment followed closely by the 16th.

The 17th Amendment is very prescient of you. Direct election of Senators was one of many mistakes that have been made. At least Prohibition was repealed, but what do you think the odds are of any others EVER being repealed? Personally, I'd say none and never.

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    I'd add a 28th amendment to balance the budget, and revise the 2nd amendment:

Well armed individual and organized citizens being necessary to ensure the liberty and security of a free state from threats both foreign and domestic, and to protect themselves and their fellow citizens from treacherous and criminal acts, no law may be written to restrict the right of the people to own, possess and carry any type of arms or military equipment , except for nuclear weapons, unless that person is not an adult or is not of sound mind.

Yes, if we think a convicted felon is safe enough to put back on the street they should have the right to defend themselves as well. Otherwise, why the hell did we release them? Giving them a gun should be a litmus test of sorts regarding whether they're eligible for parole / release.

And also, it still leaves it open to restrict mentally ill persons and children if the states so chose.

Top Bottom