Target Sports

G43X doesn't work for me, which P365 variant?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TJjerry

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 5, 2019
    Magnolia, tx
    All fine guns. I sold my G27 and G45 because I could not get use to the 'grip angle' that is different. I carried the XDS for a long time and shot it a lot. A solid little tank that never choked a shot just a bit short on bullets carried and good but not a wonderful trigger. I went to the P365. Gave it to my son which he liked so much he made it his EDC. I bought the P365XL with Romeo and it is a really fine piece, great trigger and my EDC.
    Hurley's Gold

Acemcdill

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2021
    Dallas
    Thank you Sir. Seems you might have helped along the way lol
    Very beautiful collection. I can't believe the X Macro is barely bigger than the G43X! Went to Cabelas to look at them today. I think I am set on the XL, since I carried my 43X with ease and they are pretty much the same size. I will get a X Macro grip module just to have that option as well.

BladeZealot

Gotta love a 1911!
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 14, 2022
    Retired. I reckon a wanderer
    Very beautiful collection. I can't believe the X Macro is barely bigger than the G43X! Went to Cabelas to look at them today. I think I am set on the XL, since I carried my 43X with ease and they are pretty much the same size. I will get a X Macro grip module just to have that option as well.
    Nice choice.

I got an extra macro module and cut the dust cover down just to try it.

Screenshot_20230412_192445_Messages.jpg

Big Green

In Christ Alone
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 5, 2018
    College Station
    All fine guns. I sold my G27 and G45 because I could not get use to the 'grip angle' that is different. I carried the XDS for a long time and shot it a lot. A solid little tank that never choked a shot just a bit short on bullets carried and good but not a wonderful trigger. I went to the P365. Gave it to my son which he liked so much he made it his EDC. I bought the P365XL with Romeo and it is a really fine piece, great trigger and my EDC.
    I had a XDm I had for years. Bought a Glock on a whim and shot it better. Combine that a bigger aftermarket support, i went full Glock. I prefer Gen 4s and have (I believe) all the available 9mm models in Battlefield Green (actually don’t have a 48, just need another 43x frame and to buy a slide.)

Sasquatch

30 Super Carry Post Whore 2K Champ
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Did you *shoot* the Glock, or just handle it?

I ask because I *had* an X-Macro. Ergonomically amazing vs Ergonomically meh witht he Glock.

The gun just didn't shoot for shit in my hands. Recoil isn't bad, but I just hated how I could not shoot a tight enough group with it. I sold it.

My wifey has both a Shield (not Plus) and a Glock 43X. Of them - I shoot the shield the best, the Glock 2nd best, and the X-Macro a very far last, despite the X-Macro frame feeling the absolute best between them. The Glock has the best trigger of the three.

So if you haven't *shot* the Glock - shoot it before you ditch it. Feeling good in the hand is important, but not as impoartant as which gun you *actually* shoot better.

Acemcdill

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2021
    Dallas
    Did you *shoot* the Glock, or just handle it?

I ask because I *had* an X-Macro. Ergonomically amazing vs Ergonomically meh witht he Glock.

The gun just didn't shoot for shit in my hands. Recoil isn't bad, but I just hated how I could not shoot a tight enough group with it. I sold it.

My wifey has both a Shield (not Plus) and a Glock 43X. Of them - I shoot the shield the best, the Glock 2nd best, and the X-Macro a very far last, despite the X-Macro frame feeling the absolute best between them. The Glock has the best trigger of the three.

So if you haven't *shot* the Glock - shoot it before you ditch it. Feeling good in the hand is important, but not as impoartant as which gun you *actually* shoot better.
    I carried it for about 6 months, and shot it a good bit. I shot OK with it, not great.

jimbo

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    north richland hills, texas
    Look at the Wilson Combat grip module. I have one on each of my 365's and really like it.

Txhighlander

Truth against the world
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jan 25, 2021
    Atlanta Tx.
    In truth I am not a fan of any micro 9's. I have shot most of them and the Hellcat was the most accurate for me but abusive. The 365 I was not as accurate with but it shot like a bigger pistol. Softer if that makes any sense? If I was forced to go back to one it would be the 365 with the Wilson module. Thank goodness sakes I don't have to. My micro is a j-frame Smith. I won't lie though I would like to shoot the 365 Macro to see how it shoots. Good luck with your choice.

Acemcdill

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2021
    Dallas
    Update - I have the opportunity to buy a Comped X Macro, never shot before, for $650. For you guys that have ran both..would you do that or get the new XL for $600?

Sasquatch

30 Super Carry Post Whore 2K Champ
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Update - I have the opportunity to buy a Comped X Macro, never shot before, for $650. For you guys that have ran both..would you do that or get the new XL for $600?

XL, then get an X-Macro grip module and some 17 round mags. The 17's will fit in the XL mag well just fine, if you want to run a light, the X-Macro has a 3 slot picatinny rail and a TLR-7 Sub 1913 or Sig Foxtrot bolts up perfectly.

Ozzman

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 17, 2015
    El Paso, Texas
    The 365XL is a pricey option to pick up if you are not sure. I recommend you hit a range and rent one out before dropping serious coin on an unknown platform. Considering you originally stated that the G43X didn't meet your requirements, maybe look into the Canik TP9 Elite SC or the Taurus G3C.

Both are budget-friendly, but the Taurus G3C is the cheaper option with good performance and reliability IMO. Lots of haters out there, but that's ok, they work fine.

Worth considering.

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    Well all this talk about the 365’s got me motivated so I order a 365X grip to replace my standard 365. I don’t pocket carry it anymore so mighty as well make it a 365X which I shoot better anyway. Also ordered a handful of the flush mount base plates so all my 12 round mags will fit into any of my 365’s.

Acemcdill

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2021
    Dallas
    The 365XL is a pricey option to pick up if you are not sure. I recommend you hit a range and rent one out before dropping serious coin on an unknown platform. Considering you originally stated that the G43X didn't meet your requirements, maybe look into the Canik TP9 Elite SC or the Taurus G3C.

Both are budget-friendly, but the Taurus G3C is the cheaper option with good performance and reliability IMO. Lots of haters out there, but that's ok, they work fine.

Worth considering.
    I agree. I used to own a p365X, and a LEO buddy convinced me to try Glock..I shot my P365 well and had no failures/malfunctions, and my 43X was not as reliable for me personally, nor did it feel as good in my hand.

Top Bottom