ARJ Defense ad

G43X doesn't work for me, which P365 variant?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Acemcdill

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2021
    Dallas
    G43X doesn't seem to fit my hand really well so I was going to go to a P365 because it felt better in my hand. When I can hide it, I conceal carry a MR920 so still want something a good bit smaller than that.

Would a P365X make sense in my case, or should I be going towards the XL/X Macro? Anyone made the switch from a 43(X) that can chime in?
    Texas SOT

10-96inTexas

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2022
    Cooterville
    I've never carried a 43 but handled a couple and they just didn't feel right. The P365X works for me. I've started carrying this one most of the time. Light, concealable, fits me well and shoots great. This pic is when I was trying to decide between the Romeo and the Holosun. I still have the Romeo on it. If you're wondering about the light, this is also my nightstand gun and I wanted a light on it. It adds very little weight.

365X.jpeg

Acemcdill

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2021
    Dallas
    I've never carried a 43 but handled a couple and they just didn't feel right. The P365X works for me. I've started carrying this one most of the time. Light, concealable, fits me well and shoots great. This pic is when I was trying to decide between the Romeo and the Holosun. I still have the Romeo on it. If you're wondering about the light, this is also my nightstand gun and I wanted a light on it. It adds very little weight.

View attachment 397197

Two quick questions. How tall are you, and do you feel like the “rear sights” on your red dot are enough in case the dot fails?

10-96inTexas

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2022
    Cooterville
    I'm an old stooped 5' 10". I'm no expert on how the sights should or might co-witness with the dot but for most of the situations that I think it would be necessary for me to fire my weapon I believe it would probably be more of a "point and shoot". The irons are somewhat usable though if the red dot fails.

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    I have a 365, a 365X, and a 365XL. The XL with IWB holster is my daily carry. They all carry and conceal pretty much the same. I just find I’m a little more accurate with the XL.

Acemcdill

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2021
    Dallas
    I have a 365, a 365X, and a 365XL. The XL with IWB holster is my daily carry. They all carry and conceal pretty much the same. I just find I’m a little more accurate with the XL.
    Thanks. Sounds like a X or XL are the way to go. I’m not a huge guy (5’9) and can’t always conceal my MR920, and the modularity of Sigs seem great. Just can’t decide if I should get that bigger slide and then have the smaller grip modules to move to.

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    Thanks. Sounds like a X or XL are the way to go. I’m not a huge guy (5’9) and can’t always conceal my MR920, and the modularity of Sigs seem great. Just can’t decide if I should get that bigger slide and then have the smaller grip modules to move to.
    There’s really only about 3/4” difference in the slides.

jimbo

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    north richland hills, texas
    I also have all 3. I personally prefer the X for my carry gun. Has a couple of more rounds than the smaller 365. I suggest you handle all 3 before making a decision. Usually a bigger store like Bass Pro or Cabelas has all 3. Academy sometimes has all 3. Just my 2 cents.

no2gates

These are not the droids you're looking for.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    Grand Prairie, TX
    I dont have a 365XL, but I have a standard 365, a Hellcat, and a 43. My favorite one ot carry is the 365, second place goes to the Hellcat.

Big Green

In Christ Alone
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 5, 2018
    College Station
    G43X doesn't seem to fit my hand really well so I was going to go to a P365 because it felt better in my hand. When I can hide it, I conceal carry a MR920 so still want something a good bit smaller than that.

Would a P365X make sense in my case, or should I be going towards the XL/X Macro? Anyone made the switch from a 43(X) that can chime in?
    What about the G43X doesn’t fit your hand well? I prefer finger grooves on my Glocks and that’s about the only thing I didn’t like about the 43 series. I found out the other week Hogue makes a slip on grip that has finger grooves. I haven’t shot it yet but it feels pretty good.
    416CB973-334C-4761-B2CF-6C97653701EC.jpeg

Acemcdill

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2021
    Dallas
    What about the G43X doesn’t fit your hand well? I prefer finger grooves on my Glocks and that’s about the only thing I didn’t like about the 43 series. I found out the other week Hogue makes a slip on grip that has finger grooves. I haven’t shot it yet but it feels pretty good. View attachment 397218
    It's hard for me to put my finger on what feels off about it. It just doesn't feel great in my hand for some reason. Maybe the Hogue grip would help, but I do think the Sig line is really doing special things that the 43X can't keep up with.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Spend $70 and yet a WC grip module for the X or XL. I have the XL, smaller than my EDC C9 or a G19, just big enough to fit comfortable in my hand. Anything smaller than an XL keeps me from getting a comfortable grip.

Until WC did grip modules, the Shield Plus was #1 on my list for a subcompact after shooting all the non-glocks in the category.

Top Bottom