Kaufman County
    1727749762611.png

striker55

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2021
    Katy
    I was a subcontractor, wife and I decided I didn't need the job anymore. No need for advance notice for leaving, the job would be easily filled. Went in to work and cleaned out my locker before the shift started, I was going to finish my shift. One guy from corporate saw me and asked why I was cleaning my locker. I told him I do it once a year. Surprise! I quit!

ILexpatriot

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2024
    Piney woods
    I was a subcontractor, wife and I decided I didn't need the job anymore. No need for advance notice for leaving, the job would be easily filled. Went in to work and cleaned out my locker before the shift started, I was going to finish my shift. One guy from corporate saw me and asked why I was cleaning my locker. I told him I do it once a year. Surprise! I quit!
    I sent that to my boss in IL while I was on my 2 week notice..

TNHoosier

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 9, 2021
    Monkeytown
    We were on our vacation (retirement house hunting trip) when when my boss called me to tell me the company was doing a temporary layoff starting the week I was going to return. We would not be allowed to do any type of work during that week including phone calls, email, etc. He said he wanted to talk to me first thing on the Monday after the layoff week. This was during COVID so we were working from home and the week before my vacation they were permanently laying off a bunch of people over the phone. When we had our phone call he asked if I had any questions. I said "Yes, am I getting laid off?". He said "No". I replied "OK, then consider this my two-week notice."

single stack

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2011
    FL
    We were on our vacation (retirement house hunting trip) when when my boss called me to tell me the company was doing a temporary layoff starting the week I was going to return. We would not be allowed to do any type of work during that week including phone calls, email, etc. He said he wanted to talk to me first thing on the Monday after the layoff week. This was during COVID so we were working from home and the week before my vacation they were permanently laying off a bunch of people over the phone. When we had our phone call he asked if I had any questions. I said "Yes, am I getting laid off?". He said "No". I replied "OK, then consider this my two-week notice."
    Once I got laid off between Christmas and New Years day. That meant that I did not get an IRA matching funds payment that year. I was unhappy.
    I got called back on March first. My work station didn’t recognize my login so I did nothing for two hours waiting for someone from IT to revive my login.
    The first thing I did was compose my 2 week notice. My wife had taken a transfer to Texas. Yay!

dsgrey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    Denton County
    I was an employee of a contracting company and I knew the client was terminating contractors in 2001. On my drive home, my manager called and laid me off on the way home. Before I got home, the president of my company called and said the client I'd done a 3 month stint back in 2000 wanted me for a project but there was a lag in the start date so by the way, we have a missing contractor in Houston and that client's OSHA reporting system is down...would you go fight that fire for 2 weeks. So I did.

The new client kept me for over a year then hired me. The president of my consulting firm called me in to explain how nice she was allowing me to become the client's employee. The funny part, I was an employee of the consulting company and not a W2 contractor so she couldn't stop me from going to work as an employee with the client. Texas is a right to work state and a non-compete didn't exist though they don't hold water in Texas, at least back then.

Top Bottom