IMG_0683.jpeg

Me

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2021
    Austin
    We are doomed…
    1 in 5 college grads have taken a parent to a job interview

The author of that article must have been one of them; headline says one in five graduates brought a parent, first line of the article states that one in five employers surveyed reported that a candidate brought a parent. Still ridiculous but very different.

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    The author of that article must have been one of them; headline says one in five graduates brought a parent, first line of the article states that one in five employers surveyed reported that a candidate brought a parent. Still ridiculous but very different.

From my previous life as an ad-agency monkey, we started seeing this back around 2015 timeframe.

First it was parent calling, demanding to know why their kid didn’t get the job. Then the candidates would show-up with a parent.

The parent typically would want to be present during the interview. When told that’s not possible, the parent would sometimes then ask that we interview them after we finished interviewing their kid.

It was (and I suppose still is) fucking insane.

Me

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2021
    Austin
    From my previous life as an ad-agency monkey, we started seeing this back around 2015 timeframe.

First it was parent calling, demanding to know why their kid didn’t get the job. Then the candidates would show-up with a parent.

The parent typically would want to be present during the interview. When told that’s not possible, the parent would sometimes then ask that we interview them after we finished interviewing their kid.

It was (and I suppose still is) fucking insane.

Yeah, that's f-ing nuts. If any candidate showed up for a position in one of my businesses with a parent I'd just tell them to go home. I only hire adults.

Top Bottom