Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    1693420105947.png

Me

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2021
    Austin
    Rangers game w Nolan pitching. Was invited to the game and we sat at the front of the upper deck behind home plate.

Willie Wilson played for the A’s. They were exchanging words while at the plate. Willie hits a triple and when he gets to third he takes his helmet off and is screaming obscenities at Nolan. At the old field we were close enough to hear it all.

Nolan slings his glove off as he walks toward third. Willie runs at him. Nolan beats the crap out of him. Which I was surprised at because Wilson was about half Nolan’s age.

Nolan busted him up good before they could separate them. The crowd was going wild. Umps threw Willie out, then tossed Nolan too.

Crowd starting throwing trash on the field and yelling. They had the kid field crew back then. They came out with wheel barrows and starting picking up trash. About 6-8 crews.

The crowd would let them clean up a spot. Then as soon as they moved to the next spot they would throw more trash on the field. The giant Tortilla chip bags, swung around in a circle then spiraled onto the field. Funny to see it spraying chips every where.

At some point they resumed play with a bunch of trash on the field. It was hilarious and wild and my favorite sporting event I’ve been to.
    I misread your original post as having watched Nolan Ryan beat the heck out of Willie Nelson and then was really disappointed reading the actual events.

msharley

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2021
    Central Pennsylvania
    Those are LePage's glue bottles. The tip was flexible to spread the glue which came out of a slot on the rubber tip.

The library paste I remember came in a jar with a brush attached to the inside of the lid. It was mostly flour and water.
    You are correct....

When you posted "LePage".....I knew I messed up....(won't be the first/last time...that I mess up) :green:

We made scrap books with newspaper clippings/pics ...sometimes as gags with the LePage....

If I recall? The LePage would "yellow" after a couple of weeks/months?

The "library paste" would mostly dry clear...(and draw bugs?) with a slight film?

These rides on the WayBack.....not fer the faint of heart! :roflfunny:

Top Bottom