Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I wonder how many of those were thrown out along with their tubes. And I wonder just how much NOS tubes from that era are worth today.

The NOS versions of tubes that have re-started production due to the popularity of their design can get seriously expensive. And I'm not just talking about 300B tubes, even if that's the first one that comes to mind.

Heck, I'm waiting for someone to realize how useful flashbulbs still are. You can't pack nearly that much light into such a light, compact package any other way. I have a flashgun for #2 and #5 bulbs and if you haven't seen them in use, you'd be surprised at how much light they pump out. A #2 on a high stand can be an adequate substitute for sunlight.

Whistler

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 28, 2014
    Northeast Texas

I remember the Pic mosquito coils, my dad would light 2-3 and roll the windows almost all the way up. I think it permeated my skin, to this day mosquitoes don't mess with me when they're chewing on everyone else.
    Finding a speaker that didn't crackle and still had the volume knob was why we had to go early.

Top Bottom