• TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    Update:

Someone from New Frontier Armory emailed me back asking me to print and fill out an attached Warranty Repair/replacement form and send it along with the lower to them. I say someone because there was no name on the email. I had to email them back for their shipping address and that email was responded to by 'someone'.

I dropped it off with UPS today.

We'll see what happens next.

Texas Gun Builder

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2013
    Texas
    Sorry to hear that. I myself am in the middle of build with one. For me though it has been so far so good. I have been doing a strange combo just to see if I'm good enough gunsmith to make it work. I had an old M16A1 upper lying around, so I decided to marry it to the polymer lower I have. It has been lot trimming, and fitting, but it fits tight, and works great so far.....but I am taking my time to fit it because I am afraid the same would happen.

ATX_Shawn

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    Austin
    Sorry to hear that. I myself am in the middle of build with one. For me though it has been so far so good. I have been doing a strange combo just to see if I'm good enough gunsmith to make it work. I had an old M16A1 upper lying around, so I decided to marry it to the polymer lower I have. It has been lot trimming, and fitting, but it fits tight, and works great so far.....but I am taking my time to fit it because I am afraid the same would happen.

Nice, you know we are gonna want pictures!

1slow01Z71

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Kyle
    Wow Ive never seen one split like that, they always need a little persuasion for the LPK to fit just irght but never seen one split. Hopefully they stand behind it.

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    If they don't replace it, you might consider epoxying it back together and making one of those cut away rifles out of it that shows how the gun works. Fits you 'educational example' thoughts.

Sort of like this one..........

COLT-XM-8.jpg

Tactical_Smurf

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2013
    Flint-Gresham Metroplex
    Wow that Sucks, but seeing a lot of catastrophic failures with poly and carbon lowers. One of the SO Deputies was shooting at the range with a Bushy Carbon-15 pistol and the receiver extension tube failed and launched rearward into his eye brow and he had to have multiple stitches to close up the gash. I'm just really gun shy about using one of these

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    Wow Ive never seen one split like that, they always need a little persuasion for the LPK to fit just irght but never seen one split. Hopefully they stand behind it.

You and I are good. I bought those 3 lowers from you because I'd never tried a plastic lower before. Another TGT member got one and I sold the other one. There's no reason at all why you should feel bad about what we did there.

Last edited:

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    Yesterday I received a new replacement lower from New Frontier. Getting it replaced ended up being a painless experience. This one is supposed to be already hand fitted for the Daniel Defense LPK I have for it so it looks like my light weight build is going back on the work bench.

While I am new to New Frontier products and ran into a quality issue right at the start it is good to know that they stand behind their products. I'll update this thread again once I get a chance to complete the build.

ElevenBravo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2013
    I live down the block from New Frontier. They have a great reputation in town for their customer service.

Top Bottom