• ...and so much more!
  • TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    Will never mess with one of these again.

Took lots of work just to get the LPK to install correctly. Looked great till I tried to push out the pins to remove the upper.

Chalk this one up to experience.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359672970.190837.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359672980.622435.jpg
    Capitol Armory ad

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    Dont they have a lifetime guarantee?

What they say:

*Lightest most durable composite polymer lower on the market today
    *Low maintenance / easy cleaning / scratch resistant
    *Accepts all standard MIL SPEC uppers and lower parts
    *Can accommodate any brand MIL SPEC LPK upgrade
    *"Zero Slop” fit eliminates the need for wedges
    *Lifetime warranty against any manufacturer defects when used as directed
    *100% USA Made lower
    *Some Hand Fitting May Be Required on New Frontier Polymer Stripped Lowers When Using Some Lower Parts Kits Due To Different Levels Of Tolerances Allowed In The Manufacturing Of Some LPKs

I'm going to email them and see what they say.

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    JB Weld it :rolleyes:

Absolutely terrible advice!

You need some two part epoxy :p

In all seriousness, don't do any of that. The lower is trashed and should not be repaired and reused. That would be a very bad idea, risking yourself physical harm.

RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    Ouch man. Let us know what they say.

Absolutely terrible advice!

You need some two part epoxy :p

In all seriousness, don't do any of that. The lower is trashed and should not be repaired and reused. That would be a very bad idea, risking yourself physical harm.

That's a "Hold my beer and watch this" type of moment.

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    Yes. The lower is trashed. I have absolutely no plans to put this lower to any use other than possibly as an educational example.

I will make no attempts to repair it and It will not ever be built into an operational firearm.

There is a chance that New Frontier will want to examine it and if so I will send it to them.

Last edited:

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Please keep us up to date on what New Frontier says. I've used them before and have had no issues, so hopefully that one was just defective.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I would not waste my time with these. Someone attempted to do a "test" of one of these by rigging up a machine to dry fire it some 80,000 or ridiculous number of times. Thing is, that's a completely invalid test. Dry firing really has absolutely nothing to do with actually live firing the gun and the stresses it is put under.

About the only polymer lower I would even consider is the "Cav Arms" MKII polymer lowers that have the A1 length stock molded as part of it. A company named GWACS now owns the rights to produce those and is making them again. Although there have been a few issues with those, they mostly seem to be a matter of user error and doing certain things they shouldn't be doing. These MKII lowers seem to at least hold up pretty well for a polymer lower. The New Frontier lowers don't even look to be of the quality of plastic that some of my airsoft guns are made out of. Seriously.

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    I would not waste my time with these. Someone attempted to do a "test" of one of these by rigging up a machine to dry fire it some 80,000 or ridiculous number of times. Thing is, that's a completely invalid test. Dry firing really has absolutely nothing to do with actually live firing the gun and the stresses it is put under.

About the only polymer lower I would even consider is the "Cav Arms" MKII polymer lowers that have the A1 length stock molded as part of it. A company named GWACS now owns the rights to produce those and is making them again. Although there have been a few issues with those, they mostly seem to be a matter of user error and doing certain things they shouldn't be doing. These MKII lowers seem to at least hold up pretty well for a polymer lower. The New Frontier lowers don't even look to be of the quality of plastic that some of my airsoft guns are made out of. Seriously.

Agreed. I've built ARs based on a whole lot of different manufacturers lowers but I'd never tried one of these so I just figured I'd build one for the hell of it. Glad I did because now I know.

Extremely low quality materials and horrible tolerances. I've seen Airsoft stuff that looks like NASA material compared to it.

No response from New Frontier yet.

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    That's a "Hold my beer and watch this" type of moment.

lol 100%

Yes. The lower is trashed. I have absolutely no plans to put this lower to any use other than possibly as an educational example.

I will make no attempts to repair it and It will not ever be built into an operational firearm.

There is a chance that New Frontier will want to examine it and if so I will send it to them.

I didn't think you would. Just added the disclaimer, you know those internet police.

No response from New Frontier yet.

Hope they are taking time to determine the RIGHT course of action rather than avoiding it.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2013
    If you're going to get a poly lower, go with the ATI Omni from palmetto state, its built much better and there isn't any fitting needed to install a parts kit. I had one and literally beat it with a hammer and it didn't leave a scratch on it. I've heard the New Frontier are a step down in quality from the ATI even though I have no personal experience with the New Frontier

Top Bottom