Capitol Armory ad

Fuddy McFuddster is stroking out. Marlin Dark line.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mike_from_Texas

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 10, 2010
    North Texas
    I have a Henry X model in 45LC.

It’s very nice to shoot suppressed with 365 grain hard cast subsonic loads suppressed.

I want another of some sort in 45-70 to shoot 500 grain subs in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Catherine1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    USA

That IS one ugly rifle. Eeewww ^^^.

To each their own. NO offense to people who love that look.

I am in the group that thinks that LEVER ACTION RIFLES should have a CLASSIC LOOK (Old fashioned!) and be made out of WALNUT stock or some other WOOD stock and have blued steel, color case hardened or steel/brass for a receiver.

With that said, I think that people should be able to BUY, own and shoot any type of firearm that they LOVE no matter what IT looks like too.

I do NOT think that this rifle is good looking and it is NOT beautiful to ME compared to my former RF and CF lever action rifles in top name brands including my former MARLIN 336C (CT) in 30-30 Winchester caliber. Walnut and blue steel.

I think that my husband's MARLIN (CT) lever action rifles in 30-30 Winchester (336SS) and in 45-70 Government (1895Classic) calibers just shuddered at the LOOKS of this rifle too. LOL

Another thing, if you take CARE of your wood stock/steel rifle or in ANY other type of firearm when you come HOME or are out in the FIELD/woods/wilderness/range from serious shooting, competition, general plinking or hunting, you will still OWN a good firearm!

Why?

Because you WIPED IT DOWN and cleaned - maintained your GUN of any type and in any BRAND!

Old Lady Cate

BeatTheTunaUp

Fux with the best, Die like the rest
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 17, 2012
    Temple TX
    That IS one ugly rifle. Eeewww ^^^.

To each their own. NO offense to people who love that look.

I am in the group that thinks that LEVER ACTION RIFLES should have a CLASSIC LOOK (Old fashioned!) and be made out of WALNUT stock or some other WOOD stock and have blued steel, color case hardened or steel/brass for a receiver.

With that said, I think that people should be able to BUY, own and shoot any type of firearm that they LOVE no matter what IT looks like too.

I do NOT think that this rifle is good looking and it is NOT beautiful to ME compared to my former RF and CF lever action rifles in top name brands including my former MARLIN 336C (CT) in 30-30 Winchester caliber. Walnut and blue steel.

I think that my husband's MARLIN (CT) lever action rifles in 30-30 Winchester (336SS) and in 45-70 Government (1895Classic) calibers just shuddered at the LOOKS of this rifle too. LOL

Another thing, if you take CARE of your wood stock/steel rifle or in ANY other type of firearm when you come HOME or are out in the FIELD/woods/wilderness/range from serious shooting, competition, general plinking or hunting, you will still OWN a good firearm!

Why?

Because you WIPED IT DOWN and cleaned - maintained your GUN of any type and in any BRAND!

Old Lady Cate
    I agree, but if you want a threaded barrel in a lever action, you're forced to own this look. It isn't our fault no one makes a classic looking lever gun with a threaded barrel.

Venom

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2009
    Abilene
    I guess nobody remembers the Mossberg 464 spx, talk about an ugly gun!

However, this and the spx are very utilitarian.
    I quit carrying my marlin 336 in the truck because the wood was taking a beating.
    Doesn't matter how much you wipe it down or what you treat it with, yanking it out from behind the seat in a hurry when you see a hog on the ranch, it gets banged up.

zackmars

Novice Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    I guess nobody remembers the Mossberg 464 spx, talk about an ugly gun!

However, this and the spx are very utilitarian.
    I quit carrying my marlin 336 in the truck because the wood was taking a beating.
    Doesn't matter how much you wipe it down or what you treat it with, yanking it out from behind the seat in a hurry when you see a hog on the ranch, it gets banged up.

I don't. I didn't hate them as much as some others, and found them to actually be pretty comfortable to handle.

We owe Mossberg an apology. Those bastards saw the future.

Catherine1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    USA
    I agree, but if you want a threaded barrel in a lever action, you're forced to own this look. It isn't our fault no one makes a classic looking lever gun with a threaded barrel.

I mean no offense to you but I would NEVER want a threaded barrel on a LEVER action rifle.

I figure to each their own.

It is not kosher to me - putting that on a LEVER action rifle.

Old Lady Cate

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    I mean no offense to you but I would NEVER want a threaded barrel on a LEVER action rifle.

Old Lady Cate

Threaded barrels are useful. You can add a suppressor, linear compensator, or muzzle brake to a rifle to make it easier to shoot for beginners. Muzzle devices also protect the barrel crown.

I like the option....

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    Well since @Moonpie decided to show us his new favorite lever actions, I guess I’ll show my new favorite 1911’s.

<>

Gee, Guys; so early in the morning ?

OK, here: https://www.taurususa.com/pistols/taurus-1911

<?>

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    Well since @Moonpie decided to show us his new favorite lever actions, I guess I’ll show my new favorite 1911’s.

pics or GTFO

BeatTheTunaUp

Fux with the best, Die like the rest
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 17, 2012
    Temple TX

Old Lady Cate
    I shoot 38spl suppressed and it's very quiet with the lack of action noise with each shot.
    To each their own indeed.

TexasHorn7

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2023
    Dallas
    Who buys this crap?

People who want to use a lever action, but without the limitations wood stocks and other legacy limitations.
    1) Threaded for a suppressor (I don't like to shoot unless there is a can protecting my hearing)
    2) Flush Cups
    3) Better sight options
    4) No wood to scratch
    5) No bluing to protect

I have a pre-64 Model 94 in my safe, but it stays in my safe.

If I wanted to hunt with a 30-30 (I don't), I would get something like the Marlin Dark. I don't care how it looks.

Also, they are very popular in states where AR's and other SA rifles are banned.

Tonyt915

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2020
    Houston
    Who buys this crap?
    I mean, I don’t dislike it . Kinda have the original version of this from when Remington owned Marlin

Attachments

• IMG_6540.jpeg
      IMG_6540.jpeg
      371.6 KB · Views: 33
    • IMG_6541.jpeg
      IMG_6541.jpeg
      333.2 KB · Views: 33

paknheat

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2022
    Texas, Somewhere near Palestine
    Slight deviation off-topic for a question: Does anyone make tritium front sights for leverguns? Seems like something that would go well with these models...

Off the top of my head, first company I can think of that made tritium sights for lever guns was XS.

I believe that Tru-Glo and Williams made fiber optic sights for lever guns if that fit the bill.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Top Bottom