• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HRSchenker

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 2, 2020
    Dallas, TX
    Once this whole pandemic thing is over I hope we fire the Surgeon General. He goes from "do not wear a mask" to "wear a mask" to "don't wear a mask unless you've been exposed" back to "wear a mask no matter what" within 2 months. Can you really blame people for being upset when the government just can't make up their mind?
    Texas SOT

DyeF9

In Thrust We Trust
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 25, 2019
    Red Oak TX
    f2dd06607f9acf50732d77a402d8f9ef.jpg

Attachments

• f2dd06607f9acf50732d77a402d8f9ef.jpg
      f2dd06607f9acf50732d77a402d8f9ef.jpg
      73.8 KB · Views: 232

Dinoble1

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2016
    Southeast FL
    You be the judge. Try this if you have a fingertip oxygen saturation sensor.
    Measure your O2 level.
    Put on a facemask and recheck your O2 level after 10 minutes and 20 minutes with the mask on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    Are the RI's down because the Covid-19 diagnosis takes precedent? Are doctors still testing for other RI's other than Covid-19?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Yes and yes. Yes, if you are thought to have a COVID infection, you are isolated. Yes doctors are still testing for the flu and the benign corona viruses. I expect our regular respiratory viral panels will ultimately have all viruses including COVID-19.

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    Do you know why that is the case?

Probably cause no one is social distancing for due to large gatherings, apathy, or disbelief, and the people the are wearing masks aren’t doing it in a way to actually do anything (won’t keep their face covered, keep touching everything and their face).

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Probably cause no one is social distancing for due to large gatherings, apathy, or disbelief, and the people the are wearing masks aren’t doing it in a way to actually do anything (won’t keep their face covered, keep touching everything and their face).

Everyone going to the hospital is screened for symptoms, and some are tested for either/both anti-bodies or active disease. If someone is positive (for whatever that means) for any of the above, they are counted as a COVID hospitalization.

Ex: momma has a planned C-section. Hospital policy says all maternity patients have to be screened and tested for both. Momma comes back positive for the anti-bodies, which means at some point in the past, she had the virus (or one of the other four coronavirus’, because not all AB tests can differentiate). Momma never showed any symptoms, may have just had a common cold,
    Is at the hospital for a planned C-section, and is advertised to the public as a COVID hospitalization.

jordanmills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX
    Everyone going to the hospital is screened for symptoms, and some are tested for either/both anti-bodies or active disease. If someone is positive (for whatever that means) for any of the above, they are counted as a COVID hospitalization.

Ex: momma has a planned C-section. Hospital policy says all maternity patients have to be screened and tested for both. Momma comes back positive for the anti-bodies, which means at some point in the past, she had the virus (or one of the other four coronavirus’, because not all AB tests can differentiate). Momma never showed any symptoms, may have just had a common cold,
    Is at the hospital for a planned C-section, and is advertised to the public as a COVID hospitalization.
    And depending on the statistics, she is counted once for each positive test. That's clear on some charts and not others. For example, from what I understand of the "confirmed cases" count that is published by my county (and depending on which count you look at), it's simply a total of all positive test results. If someone took one test in march, two tests in april, one test in may, and four tests in june, that is counted as eight.

Now don't apply that logic to all of the charts and numbers - there are usually disclaimers in the fine print that give these kinds of details for any particular chart. Just remember that the fine print is important and often does not support the claims made on the news.

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....

....and baby will be counted as presumed positive before tested.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Top Bottom