• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sineypem

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2014
    TEXAS
    Just what SA needs is another burger joint!

Haven't found a decent charbroiled burger here in years.

To hell with the high carcinogenic content of open flame & wood smoked roasted ground beef, high in saturated fats, and seasoned with liberal amounts of butter, bacon, onion, garlic, cheese, and salt and pepper.

My heart is already shot, so a few good burgers can only help me die happy with a full belly.

Be well.

My thoughts exactly!
    Venture Surplus ad

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    SA has some great burgers, such as Lord's Kitchen over near Ft Sam, Bobby J's up in Helotes, Chunky's on Callaghan or Sam's Burger Joint off Broadway . Bracken Cafe is also wonderful, they were closed for a while because of landlord issues; but reopened earlier this year at Retama Park. Unfortunately they lost the cool building they were in for many years, but the food is the same!

So, it's easy to find a tasty burger in the Alamo City...

And those of us who exercise and eat right most of the time can enjoy a good burger without it being detrimental to our health. Don't blame food for your bad life choices!

Last edited:

bdee

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2015
    Texas
    I'll have to check out those as well. I really can go for a good burger.

Anyone do good hot dogs? I used to go to Skip's near Decatur GA, they had all beef dogs done in every style imaginable. Amazing....

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Unfortunately, the best hot dog place in SA (King's Court Frankfurter Express) closed suddenly about a year or so ago. We were shocked and saddened, we loved that place and haven't found anything close to it yet.

The Original San Antonio Hot Dog House on Bitters was OK, but not great. Pugel's near the Zoo was nice but again we haven't rushed back there. If you find anything really good, let us know!

Cheers! M2

coachrick

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    north-north Austin

Anyone do good hot dogs? I used to go to Skip's near Decatur GA, they had all beef dogs done in every style imaginable. Amazing....
    Dang bdee, I did bicycle rides from the Freight Room on Saturdays for 20 years and Thursday eve rides from Mellow Mushroom for a decade...but never made it to Skips!!! Seems like I can picture their sign, but we never went there. Dang!

twain55

Texan
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    San Antonio
    The Frontier Burger is opening soon. I was lucky enough to be able to try out the burgers while they were training the new staff.

Very tasty burger.

69329376f96b6faf849d146e75e007be.jpg

1ba5b5a07f4136aae01b1efaa927355d.jpg

Treyg73

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    San Antonio

Try Wrigleyville Grill in the Park North shopping center, they were pretty good.

bdee

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2015
    Texas
    Been checking every day for the one on the north side. Still not open. No idea of an estimate......sigh

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    setter1
    Top Bottom