• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Got me 2 dozen more last week. Egg cooker is on the way. Love those eggs and Dan is great to deal with.
    Thanks!

Did the egg cooker you got look like this one? It takes the guess work out of soft boiled eggs and cooks them up fast. I'm not really into kitchen gadgets, but I really like this one.
    Dash-Go-Rapid-Egg-Cooker.jpg

Try adding a soft boiled egg to your grits ;)
    26943668834_fccdd1c910.jpg
    ARJ Defense ad

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    What can I say... I'm a trend setter ;)

http://modernfarmer.com/2014/02/duck-eggs/
    So who’s buying the eggs? There are three main, sometimes overlapping markets for duck eggs. The first is among chefs and foodies, especially those who bake. Duck eggs are somewhat larger than chicken eggs, with a yolk twice twice the size. The larger yolk gives duck eggs more fat and, as a result, a richer taste. Joshua McFadden, the executive chef at Ava Gene’s and Roman Candle Baking Company in Portland, Oregon describes duck eggs as a “more intense chicken egg.” He uses the eggs mostly for fresh pasta, mayonnaise or simply soft-boiled and crumbled over a salad. Serious bakers appreciate duck eggs for giving the final product a richer, more moist texture, especially in gluten-free baked goods.

Secondly, many are attracted to duck eggs for nutritional reasons. Most people who are allergic to chicken eggs can eat duck eggs, as duck eggs lack the protein many are allergic to. Duck eggs are also more dense in nutrients than chicken eggs, with higher concentrations than chicken eggs of 17 of the 20 essential vitamins and minerals measured in the USDA National Nutrient Database. Duck eggs also have more protein, more fat and more cholesterol than chicken eggs.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    I think he was talking about the dog he is bringing me.
    That is ok, just let me know. Just thought I would pick some up while I was there. I'll get some next time if you can't make it.

from an idgit coffeeholic

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    It's more about if I have to go into the office or not. If I do then I won't be able to meet up until after 6pm. Some of us aren't unemployed like you ;)

Word gets out quick around here, lol. And I am not UNemployed, I am now self employed. If you can make it, could you bring me a dozen as well.

Top Bottom