• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Denial, obliviousness and naïveté know no bounds.

Well, of course, municipalities are doing their best to mitigate an unfolding disaster.
    Wearing a mask must, soon, be considered a civic duty to protect our fellow citizens.
    Take note:
    Bexar County ICU beds were occupied by 25 COVID patients 1 month ago on 5/29/2020.
    Bexar County ICU beds are, as I type this, occupied by 274 (!!!) COVID patients tonight 6/29/2020.
    DFW metroplex and Travis are similar. Houston and surrounding counties are worse.
    An 1,100% ICU bed occupancy increase in one month. Dear God.
    Be mindful that those are ICU beds filled by Texans like you and I. Mortally ill and trying to die!

A lot will change after Governor Abbott's pronouncements tomorrow afternoon.
    I feel like a distant observer, witnessing a gigantesque train wreck slowed 1,000 times.

HKS
    There is over 7000 hospital beds in the county, without any emergency measures.

There is over 1000 ICU beds in the county without converting other beds or wards to ICU.

Along with the avoidance of elective procedures beds and icu beds aren't an issue. Assuming that covid cases will continue to expand at over a 1000 percent is also not realistic.

Do I even need to go further?

How about context of the actual infection rate as shown by antibody testing? It's running/showing on avarage 10 times the positive testing rate. That means 90 percent of the people havnt got sick enough to even get tested or know they are sick and makes the mortality rate orders of magnitude lower than chicken little says.

Again, as said in the beginning, we cant stop this...most wont get sick....most who do wont even realise so all we need to do is ensure hospital capacity for those who need it.

So crisis averted but we have discussed this dozens of times.

How expected of you to show back up to play chicken little again at this time. I feel sorry for you.
    Target Sports

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    I'm a physician.
    I'm living this unfolding tragedy.

I'm intimately involved in public health.
    You and you ire are so mournfully misdirected and that is most unfortunate.

We could have avoided what we are about to experience.
    Maybe if I can influence just a few here....

Listen to our governor tomorrow. I believe he now has informed advisors.
    Afraid I have to agree with Younggun.
    There has been a few mean, disgusting and self righteous blowhards on the forum in the years I have been here. But you are the most cowardly, fear mongering and despicable by far.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

BuzzinSATX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 20, 2013
    New Braunfels
    It’s not about the mask.

Yeah, so I hear. And honestly, I don’t know.

But what I do know is my 21 week along pregnant daughter, who works in a major San Antonio hospital, And I see daily, asked me to wear a mask when I go out and try avoiding others as possible.

I promised her I would. I wear a mask, if for no other good reason, to make her feel a tad bit better bringing a kid into this screwed up
    world we are living in.

So I wear a mask with little confidence in man, but I believe in the fact that regardless what happens on this blue rock, I’ve been washed in the Blood and am good to go.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Yeah, so I hear. And honestly, I don’t know.

But what I do know is my 21 week along pregnant daughter, who works in a major San Antonio hospital, And I see daily, asked me to wear a mask when I go out and try avoiding others as possible.

I promised her I would. I wear a mask, if for no other good reason, to make her feel a tad bit better bringing a kid into this screwed up
    world we are living in.

So I wear a mask with little confidence in man, but I believe in the fact that regardless what happens on this blue rock, I’ve been washed in the Blood and am good to go.

The good lord empowered man with rational thought. Making a decision for yourself is completely understandable.

Forcing decisions on another something entirely different. Using deceit, manipulation, and power to enforce those decisions is evil.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Shut up. Nobody believes you self righteous BS.

You are advocating for the death and destruction of your fellow Texans. How could you be so callous. Think of the lives your agenda is destroying. Think of how many have died due to your anti science rhetoric and refusal to accept what is before your eyes.

People are dying. Taking their own lives. Losing their homes and families. I’m disgusted by your heartless behavior and willingness to spread lies for personal gain and self gratification.

You sicken me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thank you for saying it first.

“Not people” Have no business in United States.

Fishkiller

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 22, 2019
    Frederickburg
    The elected Mayor resigned effective last week. The new Mayor was not elected, but needs to use his new found powers. I think he is really HKShooter, or related, as the county has had 23 cases so far. Of course in one month it went from 8 to 23 or a 300% increase, OMG, the world is ending.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    The elected Mayor resigned effective last week. The new Mayor was not elected, but needs to use his new found powers. I think he is really HKShooter, or related, as the county has had 23 cases so far. Of course in one month it went from 8 to 23 or a 300% increase, OMG, the world is ending.

That’s fucked up. How does one recall an appointed, not elected official?

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    I don't know when the plague 'officially' started, (Jan/Feb?)but I've yet to wear a mask...except when mowing.

Social distancing, nah...if others aren't afraid to be near me, I'm not afraid to be near them.

Some of the 'locked down' businesses are open on the sly...good for them - they don't want to be destroyed so the lefties can claim the destruction of the economy is President Trumps fault....

It's ongoing destruction is due to ongoing lies about the plague in addition to politicians needing to inflate their egos by imposing emergency powers (read BS) and shittcaning the Constitution.

Mask anyone?

NO and FY very much!!

Ingramite

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2017
    Hill Country
    I'm seeing folks riding around in their cars and trucks and wearing masks....alone in the vehicle.
    I'm being told to be sure and use disinfectant wipes on my cellphone...and do it often.

Alone in a vehicle? Do we give this flu to ourselves?
    Is it transmitted via cellphone signals?

That's what is wrong with misinformation and outright deceit.
    Pretty soon we don't believe anything we are told because of suspicion.

Nancy (the real Nancy) told us "just say no".
    I swear I heard her say "just say mo".
    I realize now that all of the horror stories about drug induced flashbacks were just a lie.
    There is no free high.

Now me on the other hand?
    I like wearing a mask and keeping to myself. I'll probably keep it up after all this dust-up.

Txhillbilly

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    North Texas
    I got a good laugh a couple days ago. I stopped at a local place to eat in Tarrant County. They had signs on the door that said you had to wear a mask to enter per the Tarrant County Judge's order,but you didn't need to wear it once seated at a table.
    So,I just walked right in Not Wearing a Mask,and sure enough one of the waitress's hollered at me - You have to wear a mask to come in here. I walked maybe 20 feet to a table and sat down. She was still barking about a wearing a mask,I told her to read me the sign that was also on each table. She did,and then I asked her if I was setting at a table? She agreed that I was.
    I then asked her what was so important about me needing to wear a mask to walk from the front door to a table,if once I'm setting at the table I can then remove the mask and everything be OK? She just stood there looking at me,and didn't have a clue as how to answer my question.

I get it,a lot of people are scared by this virus. But making up stupid rules that serve absolutely no purpose other than to make someone in power feel good is just stupid.
    Use common sense,If I don't need a mask when I'm eating or drinking,then why the hell would I need to wear one when I'm walking into your establishment from the front door to the table.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Denial, obliviousness and naïveté know no bounds.

Well, of course, municipalities are doing their best to mitigate an unfolding disaster.
    Wearing a mask must, soon, be considered a civic duty to protect our fellow citizens.
    Take note:
    Bexar County ICU beds were occupied by 25 COVID patients 1 month ago on 5/29/2020.
    Bexar County ICU beds are, as I type this, occupied by 274 (!!!) COVID patients tonight 6/29/2020.
    DFW metroplex and Travis are similar. Houston and surrounding counties are worse.
    An 1,100% ICU bed occupancy increase in one month. Dear God.
    Be mindful that those are ICU beds filled by Texans like you and I. Mortally ill and trying to die!

A lot will change after Governor Abbott's pronouncements tomorrow afternoon.
    I feel like a distant observer, witnessing a gigantesque train wreck slowed 1,000 times.

HKS
    Return of the troll.

https://justthenews.com/politics-po...t-counting-every-covid-positive-hospital-case
    No, Houston is not worse.

HKShooter65

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Top Bottom