• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Army 1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Dallas Texas or so
    Last summer I bought the Chrysler 300. I like the styling but really I like the comfortable seat. Rented one and took a 900 mile road trip (one way). When I got out of it, my back still felt fine. Hasn't felt that good in a car since bench seats went away.
    Lynx Defense

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Last summer I bought the Chrysler 300. I like the styling but really I like the comfortable seat. Rented one and took a 900 mile road trip (one way). When I got out of it, my back still felt fine. Hasn't felt that good in a car since bench seats went away.

I drove one as a rental in Alaska back in 2015 and actually liked the car, but while I had it the reports on how easily hacked it was were hitting the press which kinda put me off it... :(

TX14239

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 20, 2016
    I am currently driving a 2013 Taurus(NA). It does just fine for what I'd like it do, but I'd much rather have the Ford Explorer for the room. Also, SUVs retain their value better. *♂️

Sent from my iPhone using something or other...

TX14239

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 20, 2016
    I am currently driving a 2013 Taurus(NA). It does just fine for what I'd like it do, but I'd much rather have the Ford Explorer for the room. Also, SUVs retain their value better. *♂️

4fd8d83d9078ce01dfb260426cc5bf4f.jpg

I love the way it looks, though!!!

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    Chevy SS is a good car for the money, but it's going away (order soon, no more accepted after the end of the month) because the plant in Australia is closing. No word on its replacement, if any. They're pretty ugly, which didn't help their sales, and GM thinks it's because people aren't buying performance sedans. No, they just don't want to spend 45k+ on an ugly car. The CTS and ATS sell very well at higher price points, and unfortunately the V series variants are priced above what many people who want them are able or willing to spend (myself included, I can't bring myself to spend 100k on a car).

Winterborn

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2017
    Arlington
    20170212_163154[1].jpg

I bought a 2011 Taurus Limited last year. I love it. Everyone who has ever ridden in it has been surprised at the quality of the interior and the ride.

"This is a Taurus?" is the most common thing I hear (I drove Uber for a while last summer for extra cash).

I have the 3.5L V6 (non turbo) and I get around 28mpg on the highway. The fit, finish, and overall quality of this car is outstanding.

With 77000 miles on it, I purchased a 3-year, 36000 mile bumper to bumper extended warranty from Ford for less than $2,000. Peace of mind for about $50 a month - worth it for me.

Last edited:

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Chevy SS is a good car for the money, but it's going away (order soon, no more accepted after the end of the month) because the plant in Australia is closing. No word on its replacement, if any. They're pretty ugly, which didn't help their sales, and GM thinks it's because people aren't buying performance sedans. No, they just don't want to spend 45k+ on an ugly car. The CTS and ATS sell very well at higher price points, and unfortunately the V series variants are priced above what many people who want them are able or willing to spend (myself included, I can't bring myself to spend 100k on a car).

The SS is a rebadged Holden Commodore SS.

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    kar98 has pegged it.

I'd be embarrassed to be driving some C-dan Grandpa car.

Yew redy to go da Cracka Barrel hon? The customers there are my kinda people. Old, slow, deaf and toothless, oh yeah...

Grandma Bertha says 'let me adjust my muumuu', darn ole thang's gittin too small for Grandma's ass and varicose veined, tree trunk laigs doncha know an nen we all'll be ready to get to the early bird special in our new c-dan, yum yum, caint wait to hit that trough of mac and cheese, specially since I lost ma store bought teeth, hee, hee, haw! I can honk down a gallon without taking a breath or chewin...hee, hee, buuurrrppppp, ew, I thank I got a little upchuck in ma toothless maw..oh well, git out ma way, I'm hongry..

However, in the above example of provinciality writ large, may I suggest a vehicle that will transport you to new heights of cosmopolitan elan and while providing extraordinary savoir-faire, lessening the perception of you as the cultural equivalent of Ma and Pa Kettle?

Get a pickup.

They're not just for bringing hogs to market anymore.

They're used for romance, especially if they're crew cab models. heh, heh, heh..

They can be used for movie premiers too.

They far outclass Hummer limos and provide a certain je ne sais quoi not found in C-dans.

So, whatcha waitin for, git you a pickup, aint no never whichin, ram, f-150 or bigger, toyoter, or even a gubmint motors, they's all good.

Now git!

zincwarrior

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Texas, land of Tex-Mex
    In the $30K+ range you should look at a Honda Accord V6. Better driving characteristics (acceleration/breaking/slalom) then the Maxima/Toyota/Ford, and its actually made in the US (Tennessee to be specific) vs. your Mexican Taurus. Quality of build will be higher as well.

zincwarrior

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Texas, land of Tex-Mex
    kar98 has pegged it.

I'd be embarrassed to be driving some C-dan Grandpa car.

Yew redy to go da Cracka Barrel hon? The customers there are my kinda people. Old, slow, deaf and toothless, oh yeah...

Grandma Bertha says 'let me adjust my muumuu', darn ole thang's gittin too small for Grandma's ass and varicose veined, tree trunk laigs doncha know an nen we all'll be ready to get to the early bird special in our new c-dan, yum yum, caint wait to hit that trough of mac and cheese, specially since I lost ma store bought teeth, hee, hee, haw! I can honk down a gallon without taking a breath or chewin...hee, hee, buuurrrppppp, ew, I thank I got a little upchuck in ma toothless maw..oh well, git out ma way, I'm hongry..

However, in the above example of provinciality writ large, may I suggest a vehicle that will transport you to new heights of cosmopolitan elan and while providing extraordinary savoir-faire, lessening the perception of you as the cultural equivalent of Ma and Pa Kettle?

Get a pickup.

They're not just for bringing hogs to market anymore.

They're used for romance, especially if they're crew cab models. heh, heh, heh..

They can be used for movie premiers too.

They far outclass Hummer limos and provide a certain je ne sais quoi not found in C-dans.

So, whatcha waitin for, git you a pickup, aint no never whichin, ram, f-150 or bigger, toyoter, or even a gubmint motors, they's all good.

Now git!

On the other end, get a VW GTI Autobahn in the price range noted. Its a bullet.

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    In the $30K+ range you should look at a Honda Accord V6. Better driving characteristics (acceleration/breaking/slalom) then the Maxima/Toyota/Ford, and its actually made in the US (Tennessee to be specific) vs. your Mexican Taurus. Quality of build will be higher as well.

Camry and Avalon are made in the US, too, specifically in Georgetown, Kentucky at TMMK; and the Maxima is made in Smyrna, Tennessee.

Chirpy

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Hutto, TX (kinda)
    The Taurus SHO is essentially the civilian version of the Police Interceptor. It's got a cop motor, a 227 cubic inch plant, it's got cop tires, cop suspensions, cop shocks...

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    The Taurus SHO is essentially the civilian version of the Police Interceptor. It's got a cop motor, a 227 cubic inch plant, it's got cop tires, cop suspensions, cop shocks...

I don't like it. And fix the cigarette lighter.

TheEnglishman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 20, 2016
    Ok going really left field now but has anyone else seen the Kia Stinger? Should be out this year but not sure of the price, although it'll be around the same as the Taurus, Camry etc

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!

The engine in the current Ford Police Interceptor Sedan (a 3.72 L/227 cu. in. aluminum block V6) is taken from the Mustang and not available on the civilian Ford Taurus.

In fact, the Police Interceptor Utility is far more popular among law enforcement agencies...

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Gearhead_Gunsmith
    Top Bottom