• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    You won’t see an electric truck doing this!
    1670732084538.png

Just sayin

IXLR8

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    So when SHTF who are you going to get to replace your battery? Florida already proved that salt water flooding = dangerous fires. When something really bad happens and you need to be 1000 miles away that will be .... never because there will not be enough chargers.

I will go out on a limb and say you cannot make it from Houston to Dallas on a crowded holiday in an electric vehicle. X amount of vehicles is much greater than Y amount of chargers, when it takes hours to charge. The traffic will eat up your reserves.

What does that have to do with Ford Lightnings? I am not sure, but an electric truck is a really bad idea unless it is parked and powering your house for the day that the battery will last.

Pulling a trailer? Ha, that's a good one!

Last edited:

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Internal combustion engines have a couple hundred years of failures and remedies.
    Steam power is still running the grid. Not enough, but still doing very well.
    These rare earth batteries are in their infancy.
    Coal and oil ain't rare. The government needs to leave the energy industry alone.

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    So when SHTF who are you going to get to replace your battery? Florida already proved that salt water flooding = dangerous fires. When something really bad happens and you need to be 1000 miles away that will be .... never because there will not be enough chargers.

I will go out on a limb and say you cannot make it from Houston to Dallas on a crowded holiday in an electric vehicle. X amount of vehicles is much less than Y amount of chargers, when it takes hours to charge. The traffic will eat up your reserves.

What does that have to do with Ford Lightnings? I am not sure, but an electric truck is a really bad idea unless it is parked and powering your house for the day that the battery will last.

Yep no one has successfully used a EV for years its all smoke and mirrors and every one built has failed and burned to the ground.

There has never been an ICE vehicle that failed on a long trip or burned to the ground.

No one has used a lightning to pull a boat to the local lake its impossible to find any use for one.

So when SHit hits the fan and all the roads are blocked what good is your ICE going to be Sure you can take back roads for 600 miles till your out of gas well without power its going to be hard to fill that ICE vehicle.

Oh ya no one can own a ICE and EV everyone has to only have one or the other. No way!!!!!!

there is absolutely no situation that an EV fits the bill for.

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas

Rhino

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    DFW Area

I will go out on a limb and say you cannot make it from Houston to Dallas on a crowded holiday in an electric vehicle. X amount of vehicles is much less than Y amount of chargers, when it takes hours to charge. The traffic will eat up your reserves.

My Prius was at 200,000 miles this year and just got it's second battery, and this is Texas, so not too likely to get salt water flooding where I live. My first choice would be a hybrid, but looking at what the oBitem Admin is doing to the oil industry, I would strongly consider an adequate solar panel setup that could charge an electric truck on the ranch to be a potentially good thing. If I could charge my own vehicle and be less dependent on going to town to get gasoline, that could be mighty handy.

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    Do the brake lights come on at all if using max regen but aren’t touching the brake pedal?

there is a debate about this on the lightning forums.

For me if I look in the side mirror I can see the tail light and when I lift off the gas I can see the brake light turn on.

But you have different driving modes that may effect that I tend to stay in sport mode.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    I will just leave this here

I charged last night

added 80 Miles to the tank

used 28Kw of power

Cost per KW .106
    3 bucks for 80 miles.

Probably cost me 11 bucks in the Expedition.

You win if the trip was less than 80 miles round.

Some day we will all have these but that day is not today. I'm glad it works for you. I need a car I can jump in and drive to AZ over night or do stuff I do with large SUVs.

Like I said some day.

Have fun with it.

What are your torque and HP numbers.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    setter1
    Top Bottom