• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    Local dealer has one sitting on the lot. $82k + $30k market adjustment......

why anyone would ever pay over sticker is beyond me unless you have FU money

On that note my Nephew ordered a Bronco Raptor sticker was 78K got to the dealer and dealer said sorry we need 20K more the fool paid it .

He has 300K followers on twitter started a twit storm ford corporate called the dealer and said buy it back or give him his 20K back

Corporate does not like them doing add ons to an ordered car. If its on the lot they don't care.

I told him after you gave it to them there is no way in hell you will get it back you needed to fight before you paid.

I am glad He won and got the refund.

a week latter he traded it in on a ford raptor baja for 135K paid 130K for the raptor.

OutlawStar

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 14, 2017
    Anna
    On that note my Nephew ordered a Bronco Raptor sticker was 78K got to the dealer and dealer said sorry we need 20K more the fool paid it .
    He has 300K followers on twitter started a twit storm ford corporate called the dealer and said buy it back or give him his 20K back
    Corporate does not like them doing add ons to an ordered car. If its on the lot they don't care.
    I am glad He won and got the refund.
    HUH? So he went to the dealership to buy an $80k truck, dealership says "its a really high-demand vehicle, so we're charging $100k for it" and he paid it only to go on twitter and complain to Ford he paid too much? Why did he buy it in the first place? Then after his victory/refund he took it BACK to the same dealer and paid another $50k for another truck?

Sounds like he has FU money or he's financing really expensive toys to show off to his internet friends.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    HUH? So he went to the dealership to buy an $80k truck, dealership says "its a really high-demand vehicle, so we're charging $100k for it"...
    Sounded like the kid ordered direct from Ford; dealer was just for delivery. Dealer doesn’t get to throw MAP on top of the contracted price.

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    HUH? So he went to the dealership to buy an $80k truck, dealership says "its a really high-demand vehicle, so we're charging $100k for it" and he paid it only to go on twitter and complain to Ford he paid too much? Why did he buy it in the first place? Then after his victory/refund he took it BACK to the same dealer and paid another $50k for another truck?

Sounds like he has FU money or he's financing really expensive toys to show off to his internet friends.

He ordered it a LONG time ago.

Dealership told him we are adding 20K because we think we can.

I told him after the purchase ford corp is cracking down hard on dealers that pull that shit on ordered cars and I doubt he would get any money back because no way a dealership will do that he should have fought before he paid but they told him if you don't take it we will list it for sale at 145K so we dont care if you buy it.

ford corp has said they will cut back on orders and stock for dealerships all the way to pulling there ev sales privilege for doing this crap on customer ordered cars they dont care what dealers do with stock ordered cars.

so after me telling him that Ford was not happy with dealerships doing that he used his followers

and made a ton of calls posts and other internet stuff.

Ford Corporate got wind of it and told the dealership make him happy buy the truck back or give him his 20K back

he chose to take the 20K back and keep the bronco

the next week he went to another dealer to trade it in on the raptor baja

He don't quite have FU money but after selling an internet start up years ago and building and selling 2 other businesses he is doing ok in life.

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    I've seen quite a few Rivian's around lately. The dealer is just a few miles away from us.
    I’ve seen a couple of Rivian trucks in the wild. They look much better than the Cyber truck to these eyes, but the Lightning looks more like a normal truck. I wouldn’t be a taker of any electric vehicle, but to each his own. Choices are great. Mandates suck.

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    At current prices and limited driving range, I don't expect to see many on the road.
    There will be EV trucks running around, and I’m sure they will be as prevalent as the new corvette. But, you will not see them doing trucky stuff. I don’t count Home Depot runs as trucky stuff. They have a place, but they cannot 100% replace what an ICE truck can do.

Top Bottom