• Status
    Not open for further replies.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    majormadmax, you sound like you might have some anger problems. Let me guess, You like Rick Perry, a guy so dumb he could only be a politician.
    Check out Rick Perry's college transcript and then try to defend him.
    Rick Perry's College Transcript: A Lot Of Cs And Ds

I'm not the one with problems, it's all those fools out there who think Ron Paul has a snowball's chance in hell of getting elected!

As for Perry's college transcripts, who honestly gives a ****? Seriously, the man has been governor for over a decade, has done well for Texas for the most part, and served it this country's military. It's stupid shit like bringing up Perry's college transcripts that make the Ron Paul crowd look like a bunch of idiots!

By the way, where are his transcripts? Wait, he graduated from college in 1957! That was before the vast majority of folks on this forum were even born! The guy's already 76 years old! Hell, Reagan was the oldest man ever elected to the office of the presidency at 69, that's seven years younger than Paul is now! The dude is already showing signs of losing his mind, which is probably why most of his followers related to him so much!

I also like how you ignore the facts (the Gallup poll) and dig up Perry's college transcripts as "proof" he's not smart. Ignore all of Perry's accomplishments in this state, and how well Texas is doing compared to most other states. Also ignore how many people are backing him, because they think he can get the job done.

The truth is that no one is gonna vote for your grandpa, no matter how great you claim he is!

But go ahead and get your hopes up (again), but I can guarantee you the third time isn't going to be a charm for old Ron Paul...
    Capitol Armory ad

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    MM, I agree, its all the old farts causing the problems. If we'd just deport them all we could fix social security <\sarcasm>

Ron Paul is like the hot chick (10) you want to take to the prom but she might say no.

Perry is like the 7 (10 after a few beers) who will say yes, and you know puts out.

Who do you ask? Do you settle for 7s forever? Wouldn't it be nice to have a 10 once every 100years or so?

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Ron Paul Still Has Zero Chance Of Being Elected President.
    I agree with you, however I feel that the reasons why is a part of what's wrong with us right now. I also agree that he's pretty much too old now. I like Ron Paul but you can definitely see his years are starting to get the better of him. We need more politicians like him however, not less.

Rick Perry's college record is irrelevant... I dropped out of college and make more than the average person with a bachelors, doing a job that I enjoy.

If you look at that Gallup poll another way, 71% of "Republicans and Republican-leaning independents"(whatever that means) are against Perry

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    majormadmax, you sound like you might have some anger problems. Let me guess, You like Rick Perry, a guy so dumb he could only be a politician.
    Check out Rick Perry's college transcript and then try to defend him.
    Rick Perry's College Transcript: A Lot Of Cs And Ds

I tell ya what, it isn't so much what he did in college as it is what he did afterward that impresses me! Especially when compared to the incumbent...

BoysWillBeBoys.jpg

jgalvanatx

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2011
    Austin, TX
    We aren't comparing Perry to Obama and this post is about a bill Ron Paul authored to protect our 2nd amendment rights. This isn't a frigging football game, fanboys. Enjoy your man crush.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    We aren't comparing Perry to Obama and this post is about a bill Ron Paul authored to protect our 2nd amendment rights. This isn't a frigging football game, fanboys. Enjoy your man crush.

Seriously? A Ron Paul fan accusing others of having a "man crush?!?" That has to be the fucking funniest thing I've read on the 'net in a month!

Enjoy losing for the third and hopefully last time...

jgalvanatx

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2011
    Austin, TX
    Ron Paul has substance not showmanship. I hope people wake up, but denial and perpetuation of the status quo seems inevitable. Have fun with the flip flippers, especially ex dems with $300 haircuts and wimpy .380s.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    OK, the guy you're supporting has "substance" but the one that most everybody else seems to support is just "showmanship!"

Yet another reason to believe the Ron Paul camp is as disillusion as he is! The man does have some strong points, but overall he does not possess the qualities that most Americans are looking for in a leader for this country.

His foreign policy alone is such a joke, and would end up costing the US so much money in trying to recover from it (trust me, it's been tried before with disastrous results!) that any economic recovery program he could get enacted (and something that the Paul camp fails to recognize is that if he ever got to be president--something that the vast majority of people realize isn't going to happen--that he'd still have to get any proposals through the House and Senate) would be negated by the failures of his foreign policy!

But dream on, it's always good for a laugh to come back and visit threads such as this to see how badly Paul supporters' hopes and dreams were once again crushed.

And for your continuing insistence that this is a 2nd Amendment thread, what is the big fucking deal that Paul supports it? So does Perry. Just because Paul is trying to hype that doesn't make him any better of a candidate when compared to others that also do! Do you honestly expect that is going to sway anyone to vote for him?!?

Plus it appears the H.R. 2613, the Citizens Protection Act of 2011 is stuck in committee, so another great big fucking deal that he proposed a bill that never goes anywhere. Maybe that is an indicator that he doesn't have much support from the rest of Congress...

Major Woody

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2008
    Sure he is electable. All you have to do is tell your friends and neighbors to vote for him. You people saying he is not have been defeated by the TV.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Sure he is electable. All you have to do is tell your friends and neighbors to vote for him. You people saying he is not have been defeated by the TV.

That same approach would also work for my dog, and it is how Obama was elected as well. I don't recommend it...

And thanks for insulting the intelligence of anyone and everyone who isn't a Ron Paul fanatic. Just because many of us see through his "aurora" doesn't make us "defeated by the TV!" I most likely am considerably more educated than the vast majority of Ron Paul supporters, and do as much homework or more on him and the other candidates.

I am honestly put off more by Paul's supporters than I am the man himself. They continually portray themselves as "holier than thou" and act intellectually superior to anyone who isn't one of them. I truly believe they probably cost the man a lot of votes, but even if they were factored out the bottom line is he just isn't electable; and anyone who believes he is will be "defeated by reality!"

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    Professor MM, we get it. You have eleventy-billion times more education than anyone else. You tell us in every single post. We get it.

That doesn't make you (a) smarter or (b) right.

"Unelectable" isn't even a correct use of the word in this situation. All the talking heads use it too...incorrectly. That would mean he's disqualified for some reason (e.g. not US citizen). All you're talking to is his probability of winning the primary and then the general election. Probability of being elected is completely dependent upon people voting for a candidate. The only way he wont get elected is if enough people don't vote for him. You're basically making an "educated" guess at how many people support his ideas. You may be right, but throwing around "unelectable" all over the place makes you look like you wasted all your tuition money.

BTW, jgalvanatx, thanks for posting the link that is the topic of this thread. It's good legislation we should all get behind.
    http://www.thenewamerican.com/usnews/politics/8463-ron-paul-introduced-pro-gun-legislation

indpendnt

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    DFW
    Intresting thread:
    It actually generates lots of questions for me, but I'll keep them to myself, because it already appears this thread has been hijacked at least twice already...
    No point in feeding the fire.

So back to the original post - Good for Ron Paul! - I hope he can get some solid support rolling for his proposed bill in congress and get it moving. (We do still have 16 months of legistlative sessions to worry about before a new POTUS and Congress take over.) I've always thought those 'gun free zones' were really 'criminal protection zones' in the first place. I'd like to see them 'done away with'.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom