• ...and so much more!
  • DougC

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2021
    Texas
    Read more at Truth about Guns blog

Biofire Group announced this week that it had shipped its first “Smart Guns,” which the company called a “key milestone.”

“The Smart Guns shipped today are the culmination of years of incredible effort and problem solving by the Biofire team,” Kai Kloepfer, founder and CEO of Biofire, said in a press release. “This accomplishment marks a realization of a dream that many believed to be impossible, a firearm that is instantly accessible to the owner while remaining secure from unauthorized use: the world’s first and only biometric firearm on the market.”
    Biofire says the Smart Gun, chambered in 9mm, locks the moment it leaves the user’s hand and cannot be fired unless an authorized user picks it back up.
    Call me skeptical, but until I can get one of these guns in my hand and give it a good test, I’ll stick with my trusty conventional firearms. And the chances of doing that anytime soon is somewhat slim, since the launch edition is already sold out and the next batch is not set to deliver to consumers until early 2025.

The Smart Gun is available for order now, however, at a price of $1,499. A refundable $149 deposit can get you in line to own one when the next batch is ready to distribute.

Attachments

• Screen-Shot-2024-08-08-at-8-ezgif.com-webp-to-jpg-converter.jpg
      Screen-Shot-2024-08-08-at-8-ezgif.com-webp-to-jpg-converter.jpg
      32 KB · Views: 43

TipBledsoe

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 28, 2020
    LaVernia TX
    Read more at Truth about Guns blog

Biofire Group announced this week that it had shipped its first “Smart Guns,” which the company called a “key milestone.”

“The Smart Guns shipped today are the culmination of years of incredible effort and problem solving by the Biofire team,” Kai Kloepfer, founder and CEO of Biofire, said in a press release. “This accomplishment marks a realization of a dream that many believed to be impossible, a firearm that is instantly accessible to the owner while remaining secure from unauthorized use: the world’s first and only biometric firearm on the market.”
    Biofire says the Smart Gun, chambered in 9mm, locks the moment it leaves the user’s hand and cannot be fired unless an authorized user picks it back up.
    Call me skeptical, but until I can get one of these guns in my hand and give it a good test, I’ll stick with my trusty conventional firearms. And the chances of doing that anytime soon is somewhat slim, since the launch edition is already sold out and the next batch is not set to deliver to consumers until early 2025.

The Smart Gun is available for order now, however, at a price of $1,499. A refundable $149 deposit can get you in line to own one when the next batch is ready to distribute.
    Oh look, the sky is falling! Old news... (yawn)

jmohme

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2015
    I wonder just how many units were in the launch edition and who the idiots were that bought them?

One thing I always keep in mind in this jacked up modern world is that any product the word “Smart” in its name or advertising claims, is almost certainly anything but smart.

Dermako

Semi-Retired of that
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 16, 2019
    DFW
    Maybe it’s just me but I can visualize virtually all LE and related services (acronym services) having to adopt some form of this in the distant future. Possibly even a military version.

Top Bottom