• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Not really devastating, but effective. A 20 gauge with #4 or bigger buckshot would be pretty devastating - I've seen what that setup can do to deer back in Michigan close-in.
    DK Firearms

fm2

Event Coordinator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Very good info. I have a 410 for HD as mama can't handle a 12. It is designed for HD and we heep slugs and buck in it. Inside a house I think a 410 would be devastating.

These folks @ Paraklese have some interesting rounds.

Thunderhead .410 3” 168 grain hollowpoint slug....This slug has a velocity of 1,400 feet per second which yields over 800 foot/pounds energy which compares directly to a .44 Remington Magnum.

Ultra Buck buckshot. These 3” rounds carry 5 balls that are .375” diameter and weigh 78 grains each. Nobody else in the world makes a .410 buckshot this big so we’re calling it, ‘0000,’ or 4/0 buckshot. Each ball has similar penetration and energy to that of a .38 special. To put it another way, shooting something with this load is like shooting it with a .38, 5 times, ALL AT ONCE!!! With a velocity of 1,100 fps these FIVE balls generate more than 900 foot/pounds energy...

Paraklese Technologies LLC

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    I have an old 20 ga single shot and I keep some #3 buck pretty close just for that. I would think a .410 would be effective and get it done but I would think a 20 ga would be better. But I've also heard it said that the weapon isn't effective if you can't handle it, so if a .410 is what works then so be be it!

Top Bottom