• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    There are few slip ups in there that are a little safety rule violation of the big four so inspect carefully and maybe point out what he is doing wrong and make the class tell you why he just shot the dead BG again while he was <hint> reloading or "top it off". LOL that and the sling I'm not a fan of slings when I'm hunting let alone crawling threw a dark house all hoped up on adrenaline! ha ha. But the transition drill would come in big handy if I had my pistol on and my SG jammed. I also like how he points out the short stroking the pump.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    A sling is critical for home defense. What do you do with your shotgun if you need your hands for something? What safety violation did you see? Who said anything about shooting a dead Bad Guy?

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    +1 I will be using this in the class I am teaching this weekend.
    I discovered this site after I attended the class I found it very helpful in visualizing the things you were telling us. I like the Buick o truth and the rest of the web site as well. and the low light essentials.
    www.theboxotruth.com
    http://www.theboxotruth.com/docs/bot1.htm Carbine and pistol penetration tests (shit rock)
    http://www.theboxotruth.com/docs/bot3.htm The shotgun penetration (shit rock)
    http://www.theboxotruth.com/docs/thebuickotruth.htm a Buick gets penetrated.
    http://www.theboxotruth.com/docs/lowlight.htm Low light essentials ( night sights weapon lights etc...)

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    A sling is critical for home defense. What do you do with your shotgun if you need your hands for something? What safety violation did you see? Who said anything about shooting a dead Bad Guy?
    Safety violation- while he is topping the mag tube in one of the photos he has is finger on the trigger, I then commented about having to explain why he shot the dead BG simply to point that out.
    Sling- I agree it is critical but it could also hang on a door knob or something (slings tend to find things to get stuck on) and hang up it could be a nightmare or a god send depending on the situation and the out come.

EDIT: More links added on post #10

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    Safety violation- while he is topping the mag tube in one of the photos he has is finger on the trigger, I then commented about having to explain why he shot the dead BG simply to point that out.
    Sling- I agree it is critical but it could also hang on a door knob or something (slings tend to find things to get stuck on) and hang up it could be a nightmare or a god send depending on the situation and the out come.

Thanks for posting that. Some good info there. I guess a sling is a personal preference. I'd bet most HD shotguns don't have one. I personally like them on a HD gun, and I even put one on my 870 field gun. It's great for walking to and from hunting sights. Then, I simply snap it off.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    You are right, he sure does.

If you wear a sling correctly it won't. I have done entries with a slung shotgun/rifle and never hung on anything.

EDIT: More links added on post #10[/QUOTE]

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    If you wear a sling correctly it won't. I have done entries with a slung shotgun/rifle and never hung on anything.
    I haven't so I won't comment any farther on that because all I have are "what ifs" and I have no real experience with a slung SG in a "tactical situation. I have crawled threw brush with a rifle that I never took the sling off of but that is a different situation entirely.

jghost

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2010
    Pearland, TX
    This is really a tremendous site for all sorts of information. Been reading his stuff for a long time. All you need to do is spend some time and look around for good details on ammo, pistols, rifles, shotguns, etc.

rhenriksen

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2009
    Great link, thanks for posting it.

I've got a HD shotgun that comes out each night to stand by the bed - no sling yet, and I'm definitely confused about whether to get one or not. :-(

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    Well like TI said there are proper ways to do things and then there are the door knob catcher way to do things. I don't have any experience with entry and tactical situations with a shot gun. But I hunt with a bow and a rifle and I stay very careful about my sling hanging on branches. But I've never had my sling hang on a branch either! LOL! Do you have a pistol or a revolver with a holster?

Hawghauler

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2009
    Idaho
    Very good info. I have a 410 for HD as mama can't handle a 12. It is designed for HD and we heep slugs and buck in it. Inside a house I think a 410 would be devastating.

Top Bottom