Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2015
    IMG_4551.jpg yessir pretty darn good!!

AR1911

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    In my keurig, I use San Francisco Bay's Fog Lifter. As for a great cup, I like Death Wish Valhalla blend. I want to try a new offering from Rogue American Apparel, made in Austin.

For years I drank Folgers Black Silk. The my wife insisted on buying a Keurig, over my objections. Folgers wasn't the same out of the Keurig. Then I tried som San Francisco Bay from Costco - because it was by far the cheapest. Now I buy it direct from Rogers Coffee. $35 shipped for 80 cnt, and it's the best I have found. I like the Rain Forest, Wife likes Fog Chaser
    Work the discounts get 20% off

Nate C

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2008
    Black Cat Ridge
    In my experience, the absolute best coffee I have ever encountered is the Peet's Coffee Company Major Dickason's Blend http://www.peets.com/major-dickason-s-blend.html It's widely available out west as whole beans or pre-ground, but in Texas I have only found it at Kroger's.

For the value, the Member's Mark Columbian Supremo whole beans available at Sam's Wholesale Club just can't be beat.

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    For the value, the Member's Mark Columbian Supremo whole beans available at Sam's Wholesale Club just can't be beat.

Forgot about this since we got lazy and started using one-cup-at-a-time method.
    You're right, used for years and was my favorite coffee at the time.

scap99

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2010
    Cypress
    You, sir, have good taste! I love a peaberry.

Have some Texas Pecan whole bean from HEB right now that's just NICE to wake up to in the morning.
    HEB carries a Brazilian peaberry...as soon as I wipe out the Jet Fuel, Medellen Mad Man, Tanzanian Peaberry, and Kona that is in my cabinet, I plan to try it out.

Bazooka

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 20, 2015
    Black coffee with MCT oil - I have it for breakfast and it gives me energy to last till lunch! I think it's called bulletproof coffee.

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    How many of you that drink Foldgers, Maxwell House, etc. have ever had fresh ground bean coffee?

For years I thought coffee snobs were just that, until I tried real coffee, that is fresh ground bean coffee.

The difference between already ground, garden variety coffee like Folgers is enormous.

Do yourselves a favor and try fresh ground bean coffee.

You won't go back to Folger or Maxwell House style coffee.

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    How many of you that drink Foldgers, Maxwell House, etc. have ever had fresh ground bean coffee?

For years I thought coffee snobs were just that, until I tried real coffee, that is fresh ground bean coffee.

The difference between already ground, garden variety coffee like Folgers is enormous.

Do yourselves a favor and try fresh ground bean coffee.

You won't go back to Folger or Maxwell House style coffee.

This ^^^^ Coffee tastes tremendously better (fresher) when made with freshly ground beans. Buy a small grinder and coffee beans at HEB, Kroger, Starbucks, etc. Then grind just enough for how much you drink on the average in the am (or anytime). Brew just what you're going to drink. It's a hell of a lot better tasting that brewing ground coffee.

TexasBrandon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 14, 2011
    Salado
    Yep. You can go as far as getting the beans and roasting them yourself. I haven't gone that far yet but I'm big on grinding my own. For awhile I went with K-Cups but not only did they keep ramping up the price on those things, it felt like the quality went down hill too. I went back to my roots and started burr grinding that shit for the best taste.

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    I sinned tonight. Wal-Mart's whole bean options sucked, I needed coffee, so I ended up with Community's Coffee & Chicory blend, already ground.

I'm bastardizing it with cashew milk and sugar free flavoring, anyway... :)

Major Kong

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    Katy
    I sinned tonight. Wal-Mart's whole bean options sucked, I needed coffee, so I ended up with Community's Coffee & Chicory blend, already ground.

Blasphemy!!!

If you can't stand a spoon up in it, it ain't real coffee.

I cold drip the Community Coffee and Chicory with a Filtron Cold Drip coffee machine. It makes a coffee concentrate that you can water down to your own levels. The other good thing about it is that your coffee doesn't come out real acidic.

Try it, you'll like it.

Sent from a B-52 flying over Russia.

A.Texas.Yankee

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    NTX
    Black coffee with MCT oil - I have it for breakfast and it gives me energy to last till lunch! I think it's called bulletproof coffee.
    You're missing the grass fed butter, but yes, bullet proof coffee is great for energy and getting over a cold.
    And use a french press.

#coffeematters
    Agreed, or a true percolator, neither I ever have time for.

I drink chicory occasionally because of the history of why it got put into coffee. Just don't think if it as coffee.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Fullretard

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2012
    DFW
    I am hooked on red bird coffee company out of Momtana.

The Brazillian Blue is simply awesome. I drink it black and cringe when I have to drink another kind.

I use a drip with a rain head. I need a new coffee pot buy my free glenvalia pot from 10 years ago is hard to replace.

Top Bottom