• ...and so much more!
  • Whistler

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 28, 2014
    Northeast Texas
    Damn. Hope y'all don't sell any guns I want, I might feel bad for a minute.

It is a shame what's happened to our snowflake, bubble wrapped, social media country though. A place where conversations like this didn't exist, helmets and knee pads were for girls, a handshake was a contract and nobody faulted you for popping a guy that insulted your wife in the chops.

Oh well, I'll die soon and y'all can engage in all the paperwork that makes you happy. Secure permits and sign releases before you have a BBQ and keep all your properly documented firearms locked up at an approved shooting facility.
    ARJ Defense ad

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    This thread is a broken record. My reply is a broken record. I’ll share anyway.

What does the state of Texas require of you? To know the buyer is a resident and that you have no reason to believe the buyer is prohibited.

It’s unnecessary if not shady to demand you keep someone’s personal information. I have a wife and a kid...you don’t record my address unless you’re a friend. Simple as that.

know your audience. If a buyer says he will and shows an ltc, we have completed both requirements. Talk to the person a while in chat or phone. All the members who know me outside of tgt can all fill out a 4473 and leave the store with a gun. A bos? Not needed. Both requirements met. We all drive around with our vehicle stickers up to date. All working jobs in Texas. Know a few folks on here for a while now. I get if you need to look at id for none ltc, but it doesn’t change my mind.

bos talk is fear propaganda. It’s for people who want to be controlled.

Last edited:

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    Official bos thread picture
    B28D4B58-CBA8-409B-AD9D-949914AB35D5.jpeg

Attachments

• B28D4B58-CBA8-409B-AD9D-949914AB35D5.jpeg
      B28D4B58-CBA8-409B-AD9D-949914AB35D5.jpeg
      8.3 KB · Views: 277

Big Green

In Christ Alone
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 5, 2018
    College Station
    I filled out one years ago, kinda. He didn’t mention it in the ad but sprung it on me when I got there. He got my name and number. He wrote is address and signed it, I didn’t go that far. Won’t do it again.

All the ones I’ve bought from Texas gun trader and through arms list both here and NY no one ever asked me to fill one out except that one young guy.

I’ve passed on several things on this sight due to that requirement.

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    The first statement is not true

The state requires that you DO NOT KNOW the buyer is prohibited from purchasing the weapon or is not a resident.

HUGE difference.

This thread is a broken record. My reply is a broken record. I’ll share anyway.

What does the state of Texas require of you? To know the buyer is a resident and that you have no reason to believe the buyer is prohibited.

It’s unnecessary if not shady to demand you keep someone’s personal information. I have a wife and a kid...you don’t record my address unless you’re a friend. Simple as that.

know your audience. If a buyer says he will and shows an ltc, we have completed both requirements. Talk to the person a while in chat or phone. All the members who know me outside of tgt can all fill out a 4473 and leave the store with a gun. A bos? Not needed. Both requirements met. We all drive around with our vehicle stickers up to date. All working jobs in Texas. Know a few folks on here for a while now. I get if you need to look at id for none ltc, but it doesn’t change my mind.

bos talk is fear propaganda. It’s for people who want to be controlled.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    This was from ATF site. I guess one can argue the word repetitive. We have a member helping a woman sell her deceased husband's collection. Is he in need of a license? Is the widow in need of a license? I would also look at the term "principal motive of making a profit". I don't think our member helping a woman dispose of a collection or an individual buying one gun with plans to make a profit require a license. Do you?

From ATF
    "As a general rule, you will need a license if you repetitively buy and sell firearms with the principal motive of making a profit. In contrast, if you only make occasional sales of firearms from your personal collection, you do not need to be licensed"
    Are we really trusting the ATF to follow their own general rules?

If they want you all bets are off.

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    So said (on the "Guns: The Evolution of Firearms" documentary series) Alvin York did not particularly care for the M1917, what he called the "British Gun", and reluctantly exchanged his 1903 for one when ordered to. He did love some 1911 though.

York never did definitely answer the question about which rifle he used on that day.
    Some time back I read an interview of York’s son about his knowledge of his fathers feat. He said it was indeed a 1903 his pop had used. I’d think as crazy as the supply situation was then 1903’s and 1917’s would be all intermixed.
    We’ll never really know I reckon.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    The first statement is not true

The state requires that you DO NOT KNOW the buyer is prohibited from purchasing the weapon or is not a resident.

HUGE difference.
    Can you help look up the code so we can break down the words used? I’m looking but also busy at work and can only look on breaks.

my point is very clear. Texas has no registration and no requirements to run a bg check on private transportations. You know a person is a resident because of several reasons. You know they are not prohibited or have no reason to think that’s changed. If we use your response for example, are you saying we just don’t know anything about the person and do a transaction? In your own words “the state requires you do not know”.

let’s break down the words actually used in whatever penal code it is. Not being a smart ass by any means.

Texas is a state that does not require a bg check on a private transaction under the scenario the buyer and seller are both Texas residents and have a clean background. True?

So let’s break down the words used to better understand why a bos May be not needed or a good idea.

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    If you feel what I posted is incorrect have at it.

Its not your job to know if someone is prohibited or non resident.

If you choose to complicate things by wanting to know that is your issue but if it makes you feel good well that is all that maters.

Now if you do know someone is prohibited or non resident its your job to not sell to them or face the music

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    If you never asked to look at DL or ID of the buyer, truthfully you have no idea if they are a resident, or prohibited.

If you sold a gun to your two time convicted DWI felon BIL, they could probably safely assume you knew he was prohibited from buying or possessing a gun.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    Its not your job to know if someone is prohibited or non resident.
    Now if you do know someone is prohibited or non resident its your job to not sell to them or face the music
    ......ok. I get the penal code says if you “knowingly”. What is the issue with knowingly having a buyer who is good to go?

After reading the penal code it didn’t say anything about being a resident. Anyone?

I still believe a bos is a feel good thing that is more trouble than it’s worth.

Last edited:

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    ......ok. I get the penal code says if you “knowingly”. What is the issue with knowingly having a buyer who is good to go?

After reading the penal code it didn’t say anything about being a resident. Anyone?

I still believe a bos is a feel good thing that is more trouble than it’s worth.

Call any gun store and say you are from OK and want to buy a used pistol.

The only correct answer would be whats your FFL's address.

Mohawk600

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Austin
    I dont have a problem signing a bill of sale. I dont require one when I sell, but I do ask to see a Tx DL or LTC though. Why, you ask? A long time ago when I was a kid, my dad bought a ruger 357 single action from a FFL. It was blued and dad finally sold it and bought a stainless model. A year or so later, two detectives show up at the door, asking dad about the revolver. Apparently, the guy he sold it to shot a cop with it. Cops got the gun, ran the serial number, and linked it to dad. Dad had to go testify in court as to who he sold it to. There was no paperwork, so it was his word. Guy went to prison.

Buying and selling without a paper trail is fine, most times. It is just those very small number of times that it isnt fine, that really matter.
    worked out in your dad's case because it was a legal sale right?

Top Bottom