Hurley's Gold

Enhance or repair your gun sights with Glow-On super phosphorescent (OK )

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gatopardo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2010
    Oklahoma city
    Standard sights with white dots?

Got a new pistol lately? did it come equipped with standard white dots sights?
    There's room for improvement: For the price of a fast food meal, Glow-On Super Phosphorescent.
    It's easy to apply and to create custom sights for a few bucks.

Got some old fishing lures somewhere? Glow-On is good for that too.
    gun_sights_paint_07-28_2012.png

Home Page | Products | Advantages | Gun Sights Paint | Fishing Lures | Electronics | Stars Paint | Bead Work | Nail Art | Steel Bracelet | Tips & Support | Gallery | Video Tutorials | Purchase | Contact Us | Free Bracelet Winners | Site Map

gatopardo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2010
    Oklahoma city
    Gun sights paint, a better way to do things

Here are a few more pointers.

Macro photography sure helps understand how a product like Glow-On really behaves in actual time.

The "paint" term is used loosely here, Glow-On is actually a tridimensional product, meaning it has a volume unlike regular paint which is flat.
    Since visibility is so important "when" we use our sights here is an aspect we can exploit. Regularly, the white dots with which most firearms come equipped with are indentations for the same purpose.
    Our proposition is: Be bold, make your gun sight dots better, make them bigger, make them thick, make them more visible. Semi spherical dots are visible almost under condition, light coming from any direction will silhouette them making them more relevant.

Some of our weapons, like the P30 on the upper photo, came with 1/16 small white dots. See the improvement.
    We are obviously not purists at all. We believe in new approaches to old problems, after all that's the premise that made our country big, Salute
    amerflag.gif

gun_sights_paint_looks_07-29_2012.png

txpate

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Midland
    I've applied "Glow-On" to the standard sights on my Berretta Nano. Following the manufacturer's instructions it worked great... I'm happy with the results. Just for fun I also applied the paint to 3 screws on the clip on my EDC knife & to the top of my cell phone case. The paint "sticks" & makes it easy to find in the dark"
    The "Glow-On" folks might not approve those applications but I like it. For my Nano, I had the same results as shown by forum sponsor... Good stuff. Not the same as BUSA night sights but could help particularly at about $10 vs. $105 for night sights.

Grins.... Txpate

gatopardo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2010
    Oklahoma city
    Gun sights system on a shoestring,

Simplicity at an affordable price.

There are plenty of sighting systems out there. I'm particularly fond of red dots and such, tritium, fiber optics, lasers, etc.
    We at Glow-On, amongst all of us, we cover pretty much every base when it comes to gun sights types.

Still we are very fond of our product Glow-On Super Phosphorescent.
    Why? Very simple; One more thing we have in common is we have lots of firearms for which some systems are not available. About 9 out of every firearm for sale in the USA comes equipped with standard sights and white dots or plain iron sights.

We are trying to introduce a new standard and some manufacturers are already making a splash however shy into the world of glow materials.

It's durable, the glow cycle can be repeated millions of times for a period of about ten years, it's affordable and it's incredibly easy to apply.

100% money back guarantee, anytime anywhere. To purchase go here:

http://glow-on.com/purchase.html

You can also find us at Amazon and E Bay

gun_sights_paint_2012-08-01.png

Home Page | Products | Advantages | Gun Sights Paint | Fishing Lures | Electronics | Stars Paint | Bead Work | Nail Art | Steel Bracelet | Tips & Support | Gallery | Video Tutorials | Purchase | Contact Us | Free Bracelet Winners | Site Map

gatopardo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2010
    Oklahoma city
    Glow-On gun sights paint.

Q. What should I use for better performance, the paint product or the self adhesive card?

It can go either way, whichever you prefer.
    One could create the same effect with either one. What's more important is what you feel more comfortable using. Do you like using super glue and gluing things together? Then the self adhesive is best. If you can work comfortably with paint, then the paint is OK.

HINT: Plan ahead, do a small sketch of the result you want. It doesn't have to be exactly identical as the standard design your gun came with. One thing gun enthusiast know well is that we can make thing better, or what would be the point of this forum.
    So, cut a few pieces of self adhesive or paint a few dots and observe the result. There is plenty of both so you can practice. If you don't like the result, do it again, practice makes perfect.

Check this two pieces in the photo below to get an idea:

gun_sights_paint_2012-08-01aa.png

gatopardo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2010
    Oklahoma city

gatopardo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2010
    Oklahoma city
    Affordable and efficient gun sights paint

It took awhile to get it right and is still a work in progress, Glow-On keeps getting better.
    When you buy a vial of our product you don't just buy paint, along with it you can be sure you have unlimited support so you can get the most out of the product. Just ask around

Find Glow-On at:
    glow-on.com
    Amazon.com
    eBay

gun_sights_paint_2012-08-11a.png

gatopardo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2010
    Oklahoma city
    Gun sights paint decay and behavoir

How long will it glow, how intensely, are a few of the questions we are often asked.
    Glow-On is made of the brightest material available. That can be tested.
    The paint is good for about ten years and the glow cycle can be repeated millions of times during the product's lifespan.
    The shelf life of the vial is about a year if the vial is closed properly.

Like everything else, the product has limitations, Basically it absorbs light and it releases the same light by trapping and slowing down the photons, releasing them at a difference frequency, so the glow decays during this cycle which lasts several hours.

Another quality of this material is that the initial afterglow is much brighter that tritium gas, which is phenomenal if any of you guys go after varmint sometimes like I do.

Knowledge gives power and power enables us humans to overcome limitations.
    Nothing remains static and everything is relative. The careful understanding and use of this idea is what enables a marksman to hit a target, the hunter to get his prey, you get the picture.

Below there are a couple of graphics which help understand how Glow-On behaves.
    A few pointers:
    A brighter light source will have as a result the brighter the afterglow.
    The brighter the afterglow, the longer it glows.
    The darker the environment the stronger the afterglow that is perceived.
    The thicker the application the brighter the glow.

gun_sights_luminosity_2012_08_11.png

gatopardo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2010
    Oklahoma city
    Gun sights paint, self adhesive useful to locate small gadgets.

Glow-On Self Adhesive is a very handy material which proves very useful to locate pesky TV remotes, small flashlights, light switches, etc.

All it's necessary , is to cut small squares and stripes and press-apply to small devices. Dark corners which prove dangerous to toes and elbows during the night can be avoided using the same material.
    wavey.gif

Find Glow-On at:
    glow-on.com
    Amazon.com
    eBay

gun_sights_paint_2012-08-15.png

gatopardo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2010
    Oklahoma city
    How well will it work on a front ramp sight like my ruger sp101? Will it adhere well

How well will it work on a front ramp sight like my ruger sp101? Will it adhere well to the sight?

If your model has a half moon shaped rear notch sight and a fixed front ramp, the product can be applied to both.

For superior adherence is essential to make sure the metallic surface is very clean, 95% alcohol and a paper towel is just what's needed to clean the gun sights.
    Stir the paint with the small wooden stick provided, with the help of the small vial's rim load the tip of the applicator generously,
    On the rear sight apply the product generously over the flat side of the half moon, on the front sight "spread the product with the help of the same wooden applicator over the serrated surface only, which is the area that looks like a small square thru the rear sight. don't apply it all the way up or over the top, holstering the firearm will wear off the paint.

Try not to use a brush for this job, we never use brushes, they just mess up the works, apply the product with he flat side of the applicator, just like you'd spread soft butter over bread, we always practice a couple of times over some surface.
    If it doesn't look right, just wipe it off with the paper towel and start again.

In terms of durability, the product dries to the touch in abut 1-2 hours but it'll remain a bit soft for 2-3 days and as the time passes it becomes hard and permanent, before this happens it's easy to rub off.
    The day after you applied it, use a couple of layers of good quality transparent nail varnish. This will give your job a smooth surface and it'll make it easy to clean after a visit to the range ( a dry paper towel or such is all you'll need).
    At this point cleaning oils and such won't affect the application either.

gun_sights_paint_adhesion2012-08-16.png

Find Glow-On here:

glow-on.com

Amazon.com

eBay

gatopardo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2010
    Oklahoma city
    Gun sights paint :"I can't make perfect circles over my gun sights"

I'm having difficulty making perfect circles over my gun sights, any help is welcomed. How do you do it on your photo shoots?

Easy does it, stir the paint, dip the applicator and load a generous amount, then no matter if you have indented dots or bare sights, with the applicator and build up a nice looking drop, don't touch it after that.
    Let it dry. Apply a couple of layers of transparent nail polish which is very important to add a smooth surface and protection.
    A couple of practice runs over a random surface will definitely help.
    wavey.gif

gun_sights_paint_2012-08-17.png

thack1963

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2012
    Copperas Cove
    After reading all this, I decided to order Option 4 and check it out. I like the fact folks on here reviewed it, some ups, some downs, but since they stand behind the product I am not worried. Looking forward to using it.

gatopardo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2010
    Oklahoma city
    How do I purchase with just a credit card & NO Google account?

payment_processb.png

After reading all this, I decided to order Option 4 and check it out. I like the fact folks on here reviewed it, some ups, some downs, but since they stand behind the product I am not worried. Looking forward to using it.

The main complaint is about the duration of the glow, and the real cause is that the initial glow is so incredibly bright, one would like it to last like that, super bright (ten times brighter that tritium indeed) for hours on end like an electric green light.
    This is just not going to happen.

The facts are:
    This bright green glow is just the initial glow, the brighter the initial glow, the longer the afterglow is.
    The real afterglow is a soft white glow which lasts for hours, it can only be perceive in the dark and after our vision has adapted itself to the dark, which happens in about thirty minutes for a healthy eye sight.

If we don't want to go that route, we can charge in 2-5 seconds depending on the intensity of our tac light and our Glow-On sights will get us thru, very bright and we'll have our tac light so at least we can see what we are shooting at.

Thousands of users stand by our product and once you really get to know how it works you'll be a fan too
    Did I mention we have a money back guarantee

gatopardo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2010
    Oklahoma city
    Real custom gun sights with Glow-On, just a few bucks, won't mess your budget

Paint is what you make of it, it's a simple solution and simple solutions are usually better solutions.
    There are of course rather sophisticated sighting systems and some firearms can be configured to use them, laser, red dots, etc, are just a few.

Still 99% of sidearms for sale in the USA and the rest of the world come equipped with standard white dots, which are the minimal requirement as a visual aid, or have military style bare iron sights.
    Glow-On is just one alternative to customize those weapon sights:

-The most affordable:The price of a fast food meal will help at leas a couple of dozen guns.
    -The most efficient: No batteries needed, reacts to natural light all the time and for a quick boost a small tact light is all one needs.
    -Versatility: Real custom gun sights made to order you should say.

-Made in the USA.
    amerflag.gif

gun_sights_paint_2012-08-18.png

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Kind of tough on him? Not like you contacted customer service? There are times I go a day or two without looking here.
    No fight, just an opinion.

No problem, I just presumed everybody got email notificaion of posts like I did.
    I ordered yesterday.

Cam

Top Bottom