Patriot Mobile

Enhance or repair your gun sights with Glow-On super phosphorescent (OK )

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gatopardo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2010
    Oklahoma city
    Repair or enhance your gun sights

My name is Gatopardo and I represent the Glow-On team which developed this product.

We are a small and very dedicated group and we stand behind the quality of Glow-On.

Every vial of Glow-on has a small dab of the product on the cap, what you see on the top is what's inside.

If you have any question please send me a PM or use the contact form in our website

version_3_glowing.jpg

Option 3 contents
    -1 Single vial of Glow-On super phosphorescent.
    -1 package of Glow-On self adhesive (ten 1/2" squares and two small strips) for use on rear gun sights or a remote control.
    -1 Instructions sheet.
    -2 applicators.
    -1 Glow-On self adhesive super phosphorescent all weather card ( about 2 1/2' x 3 1/2" ). For you to customize to your own needs.

US$ 14.99 plus S&H

Enhance you weapon's sights with little money.

Glow-on super phosphorescent is ideal for the job, glows in the dark, the glow is long lasting, for just a few bucks.

The black cap on every glow-on vial shows the contents in real time and what you should expect after you apply it. The pigment is volumetric so it fills easily those old white dots some gun sights have, which get soiled so often.

Water based industrial strength
    Non toxic
    Non radioactive
    Non flammable
    No lead (for those of you guys who like to fish)

I recommend:

Option 1 (pigment only)contents:
    -Single vial of Glow-On super phosphorescent.
    -Instructions sheet.
    -Two applicators.

US$ 6.99 plus S&H

ver_1_small.jpg

Shipped the same day you order, it takes 2-3 day to arrival

xd40sgiht2.jpg

P1010176.jpg

Visit to Glow-on.com, take a look.
    Capitol Armory ad

gatopardo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2010
    Oklahoma city
    We have an "Option 2" which includes a special package with Luminescent self adhesive in the form of 1/2 inch squares ( ten of them) and a couple of strips.

ver_2_small.jpg

Option 2 contents:
    -1 Single vial of Glow-On super phosphorescent.
    -1 package of Glow-On self adhesive (ten 1/2" squares and two small strips) for use on rear gun sights or a remote control
    -1 Instructions sheet.
    -2 applicators.

US$ 8.99 plus S&H

With the help of a Xacto knife and a ruler you can do on your rear sight something like this:

double_keltec2.png

keltec1.jpg

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    Any users reviews of this stuff yet? I bet if you send a sample to Texas1911 or one of the admins, you may get a "Glowing" review. That might help get the ball rollin' around here.

DMC

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2009
    Navasota
    I would like to have a TGT member review of this product. I want to believe the seller, but he is posting on at least 4 forums I read in the last week. I suspect it dose not work as well as advertised. If I am wrong I'll buy it.

gatopardo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2010
    Oklahoma city
    Any users reviews of this stuff yet? I bet if you send a sample to Texas1911 or one of the admins, you may get a "Glowing" review. That might help get the ball rollin' around here.

Thanks for the suggestion TexMex247
    A great idea indeed, I'll keep that in mind.

I have a question, how long does it glow before you have to apply another coat?

Thanks for the question Blackwater
    The phosphorescent material is supposed to last for ten years. The media on which it is embedded is going to last for at least that much, so one application is good.
    On the top of the small vial there is a small dab of the pigment inside; for reference purposes. It shows what is inside and the desired thickness of the application. No thin layers here, if you want it to work a thick application is needed.

Unlike other products, our product has greater surface tension. It's not like honey but more like hand cream; when it dries and cures it becomes very hard.

I would like to have a TGT member review of this product. I want to believe the seller, but he is posting on at least 4 forums I read in the last week. I suspect it dose not work as well as advertised. If I am wrong I'll buy it.

Thanks for the challenge DMC.

We post on as many venues as we can Lol! Nothing wrong with that; we are growing steadily and want our product to be known.
    And yes, of course you have the right to be suspicious, you have not tried our product yet.
    I suggest you purchase some, if you don't like it, I guarantee your money back no questions asked, plain and simple.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A note on Glow-On: This is a professional super phosphorescent paint, not a toy. We don't offer it as a substitute for anything else on the market like night vision or tritium and such.

Thanks
    a-pistol.jpg

jcriswell

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    This is one of those "why didn't I think of this" products... Just got mine.. love it.. hope you succeed beyond your expectations. Couple of questions.
    1. What is the best solvent to clean small paint brushes after using Glow-0n?
    2, Holstering gun repeatedly after applying the stick-on paper causes it to curl and eventually peel off. What glue do you recommend to re-affix the adhesive to the rear sights?

Thanks again.. and good luck battling the big guys.. It's encouraging to see a small, U.S. based business in these difficult economic times.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Next week I'll be ordering some of this stuff. Expect to see a review soon. You know, I've been wanting to try this stuff out for awhile. I think it could be a huge benefit for pretty much everyone (the uses are endless), and it's too inexpensive so might as well try. :-) If I can figure out how to disassemble my watch without destroying it, I'm even going to try it on the watch dial components. Even if I have to destroy one of my cheapo Hong Kong knockoff watches I'll still do it. I'm tired of barely being able to see my watch face at night. ;) Heck, while I'm at it, I have the stock Glock plastic dot sights on my G31 I just picked up. I'll put some on there too and do a low-light/no-light video too, I think that would look cool.

Thanks for joining us Gatopardo, and welcome to the forum. :-)

gatopardo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2010
    Oklahoma city
    Thanks for the response, one more question what is the shelf life once opened?

Hello again Blackwater,
    Shell life after open is about 3-4 months if the cap is tightly closed, otherwise when the water content dissipates it becomes hard like synthetic concrete.
    If the paint thickens, (it feels sticky and hard to deal with) just add a drop or two of water, spit won't work.

This is one of those "why didn't I think of this" products... Just got mine.. love it.. hope you succeed beyond your expectations. Couple of questions.
    1. What is the best solvent to clean small paint brushes after using Glow-0n?
    2, Holstering gun repeatedly after applying the stick-on paper causes it to curl and eventually peel off. What glue do you recommend to re-affix the adhesive to the rear sights?

Thanks again.. and good luck battling the big guys.. It's encouraging to see a small, U.S. based business in these difficult economic times.

Hello jcriswell, thanks for the support,

1.- A: nail polish remover will soften it up, it wont dissolve it but now it can be removed from the brush. Nail poilsh remover is good to remove almost anything.

If you want to remove it from stainless steel gun sights, this works.
    If the gun sights are plastic or metal with powder finish, just get a plastic knife or the butt of a small brush ( to avid scratching the finish)and apply some mighty pressure to dislodge it, this always works.

2.- A: The best way to do it: once you've cut a perfect sight shape to use on your pistol sights, the adhesive is good to situate the piece in the right position, once that is done, press and apply a couple of layers of transparent colorless nail polish OVER AND AROUND THE EDGES of the self adhesive material, when it dries, this will seal it it for good; in reality, transparent nail polish is a very hard plastic, please use a good quality one here.
    The secret here is: The nail polish softens and seals the edges making it impervious to damage.
    The same treatment works for the paint, a couple of layers of transparent nail polish will protect it and it'll make it easier to clean soiled sights with just a moist paper towel.

One more thing, please allow a couple of days for the paint to cure to it's hardest before you holster your weapon.

I know there is a learning process here, if you waste some of the material I'll send you some more at no cost, just let me know.

Next week I'll be ordering some of this stuff. Expect to see a review soon. You know, I've been wanting to try this stuff out for awhile. I think it could be a huge benefit for pretty much everyone (the uses are endless), and it's too inexpensive so might as well try. :-) If I can figure out how to disassemble my watch without destroying it, I'm even going to try it on the watch dial components. Even if I have to destroy one of my cheapo Hong Kong knockoff watches I'll still do it. I'm tired of barely being able to see my watch face at night. ;) Heck, while I'm at it, I have the stock Glock plastic dot sights on my G31 I just picked up. I'll put some on there too and do a low-light/no-light video too, I think that would look cool.

I appreciate the support Sig_Fiend, We place the stuff on light switches, on the bottom of the pistol mags for a quick grab in the night, on remotes, flashlights, like you said the uses are endless.
    The material remains visible throughout the night, not super bright, but visible to the naked eye and accessible in case of emergency which is our goal.

P1010661.jpg

P1010662.jpg

gatopardo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2010
    Oklahoma city
    I have a CZ-75B that needs new paint in the sights. I'm thinking of cleaning it out then using this stuff. Once dried, how does it hold up to Hoppes #9 or brake parts cleaner?

Hoppes#9 is Ok, no problem as long as you don submerge the pistol in the stuff.
    Brake cleaner will dissolve almost anything, I use only on the inner parts of my guns.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX

I have tritium night sights and tritium watch dials ... we can compare the two.

gatopardo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2010
    Oklahoma city
    I have tritium night sights and tritium watch dials ... we can compare the two.

Hola senor el Guapo, unfortunately there is no contest here, tritium is several times more expensive and a different technology altogether, and of course you should expect more for what you are paying.

So we don't offer it like a substitute, because Glow-On is not substitute for tritium. Instead is one step up from regular gun sights.

Tritium glows perennially, Glow-On needs to be excited by light and the glow fades after some hours, fortunately night lasts only so long.

I any case guys, affordable doesn't mean cheap in any way, if you consider the many different applications Glow-On has and tritium doesn't:
    You can apply Glow-On to the to the bottom of your mags for a quick grab, a strip around your flashlight, next to your light switches, fishing lures, pistols with fixed sights like the Keltec PF9, etc.

We have a Glow-On user meaning to use it along with tritium, we've tested that with positive results, but we are waiting for the report.

Glow-On and tritium definitely don't compete, but they can live happily together.
    What our product is intended to do, is to fill in the gaps.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    setter1
    Top Bottom