Patriot Mobile

Elimination of a wild animal or domestic animal that is attacking or has attackedINFO

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Not to be anti-gun or anything; but would a snout full of pepper spray make a dog run off and stay afraid of you afterwards?

Sometimes, I just feel for the dog.

C-

Naw. You just have to shoot it. lol

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Re: Elimination of a wild animal or domestic animal that is attacking or has attacked

I guess I inherited my dads meanness.

I'd get an air bag off a wrecked car. Bury the thing about 4" under the dirt. Place some table scraps on top. Run some wire to the house. Have a 12volt battery ready.

Then blow that dogs a** straight in the air.

So, you would entice the dogs to come on your property in order to do them harm?

ZX9RCAM

TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Re: Elimination of a wild animal or domestic animal that is attacking or has attacked

For the record, I was attacked in a rural neighborhood where the houses sit on at least 5 acres. They aren't bunched up like city houses. A big problem for me is that it's a dead end road of about 1 1/4 mile in length. Once I go by that house, there is no way out except the way I came. I swear those bastards see me ride down to the end then let the dogs loose before I come back. The big, black male that bit me has run up to me several more times since then but my ASP is always ready to knock the shxt out of him. I think dogs sense when you're dangerous and he has stopped short of jumping me.

Flash

Could you not have made the decision to no longer go down this road & get "boxed" in, or am I misunderstanding the situation?

txgunner00

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    Leander, Texas

For the record, I was attacked in a rural neighborhood where the houses sit on at least 5 acres. They aren't bunched up like city houses. A big problem for me is that it's a dead end road of about 1 1/4 mile in length. Once I go by that house, there is no way out except the way I came. I swear those bastards see me ride down to the end then let the dogs loose before I come back. The big, black male that bit me has run up to me several more times since then but my ASP is always ready to knock the shxt out of him. I think dogs sense when you're dangerous and he has stopped short of jumping me.

I have an ace in the hole. None of the dogs have tags and the officers told him they'll cite him for every one of the untagged dogs if this keeps happening.

I don't fault the dog as much as I do the owner but the dog is going to pay the price. He won't survive biting me again. That owner is a low life SOB!

Flash

Suggestion....

45 shovel.jpg

Dog and/or owner... your call.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK

So, you would entice the dogs to come on your property in order to do them harm?

Where in the hell did you get "entice"???

Food on the ground or livestock in a pasture. If the dog wonders on my property to seek either....Thats not entice.

Its the owner of said dog that "enticed" the animal into leaving his control by not having it on a chain, in a fence, or just trained enough, not to venture out.

If I explode the dog into two, neat, bloodied, chunks of dog matter. I couldn't have done so without the negligence of the owner.

And I fully understand that dogs, cats and hamsters...get out of their containment. I wouldn't air bag a single one unless they attack my livestock, household pet, or kids.

Notice the word, "Attack". Meaning to me, the running of cattle, damage to chicken wire, chasing a turkey. Shows one tooth to my kids. And to air bag the critter would mean I would have to do it on his second trip on to my property. Meaning damage has already occurred and I didn't or couldn't stop it the first time. My yard isn't littered with air bag mines.

So the first trip for any animal onto my property is a freebee. What it did during that trip defines whats waiting for him on the second (unless he was caught in the act the first time and dispatched). I love animals. But I also understand the deference between a house pet and a uncontrolled, kid attacking, livestock killer.

If the animal shows no sign of aggression towards anything I own or family. He can sit on the porch with me all he wants. I enjoy the company of a good dog. Nothing better in the world. Ill even give him a few bites off my BBQ sandwich.

He shows any signs of being stupid to my property...he's getting air bagged, shot, trapped, drowned, straight gutted.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston

Could you not have made the decision to no longer go down this road & get "boxed" in, or am I misunderstanding the situation?

I live in a rural area so the traffic is very fast and the roads are narrow. We have a lot of dump druck traffic and they drive like maniacs! I ride the paved shoulder of the highway until it runs out. Then I ride the 5 residential dead end roads for a total of 16.5 miles. I don't have a lot of options unless I pack the bike up and haul it somewhere else....10 miles each way.

That being said....the correct solution for this problem is NOT to have them run me off! I should not be attacked by a dog that is known to be violent and willing to attack Humans. They have an obligation to keep their animals under control ESPECIALLY after one of them attacks and injures a person who was on the public road doing nothing wrong. These dogs are all running loose even though they have a huge fenced in back yard.

Flash

ZX9RCAM

TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.

Where in the hell did you get "entice"???

Food on the ground or livestock in a pasture. If the dog wonders on my property to seek either....Thats not entice.

Its the owner of said dog that "enticed" the animal into leaving his control by not having it on a chain, in a fence, or just trained enough, not to venture out.

If I explode the dog into two, neat, bloodied, chunks of dog matter. I couldn't have done so without the negligence of the owner.

And I fully understand that dogs, cats and hamsters...get out of their containment. I wouldn't air bag a single one unless they attack my livestock, household pet, or kids.

Notice the word, "Attack". Meaning to me, the running of cattle, damage to chicken wire, chasing a turkey. Shows one tooth to my kids. And to air bag the critter would mean I would have to do it on his second trip on to my property. Meaning damage has already occurred and I didn't or couldn't stop it the first time. My yard isn't littered with air bag mines.

So the first trip for any animal onto my property is a freebee. What it did during that trip defines whats waiting for him on the second (unless he was caught in the act the first time and dispatched). I love animals. But I also understand the deference between a house pet and a uncontrolled, kid attacking, livestock killer.

If the animal shows no sign of aggression towards anything I own or family. He can sit on the porch with me all he wants. I enjoy the company of a good dog. Nothing better in the world. Ill even give him a few bites off my BBQ sandwich.

He shows any signs of being stupid to my property...he's getting air bagged, shot, trapped, drowned, straight gutted.

You claim that "out of meanness" you would place food on the ground in order to do them harm.

You never mentioned anything about farm or pasture land, so therefore make it sound as if you would possibly do this
    in your front yard (for example).
    If that is not "enticing", then I don't know what is

ZX9RCAM

TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.

I live in a rural area so the traffic is very fast and the roads are narrow. We have a lot of dump druck traffic and they drive like maniacs! I ride the paved shoulder of the highway until it runs out. Then I ride the 5 residential dead end roads for a total of 16.5 miles. I don't have a lot of options unless I pack the bike up and haul it somewhere else....10 miles each way.

That being said....the correct solution for this problem is NOT to have them run me off! I should not be attacked by a dog that is known to be violent and willing to attack Humans. They have an obligation to keep their animals under control ESPECIALLY after one of them attacks and injures a person who was on the public road doing nothing wrong. These dogs are all running loose even though thay have a huge fenced in back yard.

Flash

Agreed.
    I was just thinking that if one had a choice of four roads to take, they should not choose the one where
    they already know dogs are gonna chase them, lol...

ROGER4314

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston

The roads that I ride are ideal for bikes and I'm one of many people who ride there. There's not much traffic, it's residential and a pretty ride. It's the only area around where I live that's safe to ride. A woman was killed on a bicycle one mile south of my route where the road narrows.

If I want to be there, it's a public road, I'm not doing anything wrong or trespassing, there aren't safe places to ride elsewhere how is it right for the owner of a vicious dog to keep me from riding there? I've ridden there for years and homeowners usually wave and even stop to chat with me. What's wrong with this SOB? Why am I at fault?

Flash

308nato

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Between Tomball & Waller

I had a problem with a dog that lived about 2blocks down the street from me and was always hanging around
    because I had 3 female poodles that we bred . Her dog was always peeing on my bushes and trying to get in the back yard
    so I took the dog back to its house and told the woman she needed to keep him tied in her yard , OH no I cant do that he is to high strung to be tied up.
    Couple of days later here comes her dog , the wife takes the dog to the garage and paint's it a nice Highway Yellow and never saw that
    dog again.

ROGER4314

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston

the wife takes the dog to the garage and paint's it a nice Highway Yellow and never saw that
    dog again.

Perfect! I love it!

Flash

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    I had a problem with a dog that lived about 2blocks down the street from me and was always hanging around
    because I had 3 female poodles that we bred . Her dog was always peeing on my bushes and trying to get in the back yard
    so I took the dog back to its house and told the woman she needed to keep him tied in her yard , OH no I cant do that he is to high strung to be tied up.
    Couple of days later here comes her dog , the wife takes the dog to the garage and paint's it a nice Highway Yellow and never saw that
    dog again.

Now that's funny.

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!

That being said....the correct solution for this problem is NOT to have them run me off! I should not be attacked by a dog that is known to be violent and willing to attack Humans. They have an obligation to keep their animals under control ESPECIALLY after one of them attacks and injures a person who was on the public road doing nothing wrong. These dogs are all running loose even though they have a huge fenced in back yard.

Flash
    '
    When I delivered newspapers on my bike as a kid I continually dealt with dogs that chased me for sport. I'm sure they were bullying me! After being bitten on ankle my dear Mother fixed up a concoction of amonia and water for be to put in my water pistol. One squirt in the snout of the offending dogs with that elixer did wonders and they actually started running away when they saw me the next day. If you use the water pistol with amonia trick, be sure to get one that DOES NOT leak if you're going to carry it in your pocket. Trust me on that tip.

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009

'
    When I delivered newspapers on my bike as a kid I continually dealt with dogs that chased me for sport. I'm sure they were bullying me! After being bitten on ankle my dear Mother fixed up a concoction of amonia and water for be to put in my water pistol. One squirt in the snout of the offending dogs with that elixer did wonders and they actually started running away when they saw me the next day. If you use the water pistol with amonia trick, be sure to get one that DOES NOT leak if you're going to carry it in your pocket. Trust me on that tip.

heheh, gotta get a new serpa i guess - or do you prefer kangaroo?

ROGER4314

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston

Charlie....I think those are the elastic band holsters that go around the belly. (I'd need an XXL size....snicker)

Flash

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009

Charlie....I think those are the elastic band holsters that go around the belly. (I'd need an XXL size....snicker)

Flash

right - for the water pistol!

get it?

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!

I got it.............but what I was trying to get across earlier is DO NOT put the leaky water pistol on your person! It'll have to be some "off body" carry method.

ROGER4314

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston

I actually went with the 26" ASP and ordered one for each bike so I wouldn't forget to take it along if I switched wheels. That dog and I have a history and there's a part of me that would like to whip the shxt out of it. As long as I have the "go ahead" from the County Sheriff's office about the ASP, it's a done deal.

I took Jake for a ride on the big tricycle and just got back a few minutes ago. We don't ride that far on the trike (6.2 miles) so we don't get to that troublesome road. I have an ASP in a quick release holster attached to the seat tube with Velcro. Hopefully, it will stay right there, unused.

RE the squirt gun with ammonia.
    My skin is so sensitive that my own sweat makes me break out in a rash. I just couldn't have that stuff around where it could get on me.

Flash

Top Bottom