Guns International

Elimination of a wild animal or domestic animal that is attacking or has attackedINFO

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Re: Elimination of a wild animal or domestic animal that is attacking or has attacked

I guess I inherited my dads meanness.

I'd get an air bag off a wrecked car. Bury the thing about 4" under the dirt. Place some table scraps on top. Run some wire to the house. Have a 12volt battery ready.

Then blow that dogs a** straight in the air.
    Lynx Defense

Shooter McGavin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2012
    Free Texas
    Re: Elimination of a wild animal or domestic animal that is attacking or has attacked

LOL, that's awsome, that's the way it should be! GOD forbid if you did something like that now, you'd have your a$$ hung up in a sling....
    Here's a story my mean a** father told me. He died years ago...

Of course it was a different time and place.

He had a small corn field next to the house. Well the neighbor would steal corn off the stalks. He had a boxer at the time.

One day the dog got a hold of the idiot stealing the corn. A few days later he found his beloved dog dead. Some biscuits with crushed glass in them had killed the dog.

He go's on to explain that he went inside, and got his shotgun. Then he drove to the neighbors house and shot their dog off the porch.

In amazement I asked if they had came out the house after he shot their dog. He looked at me like I was stupid and said, "No, would you?"

After that, the neighbors didn't steal anymore corn.....

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK

LOL, that's awsome, that's the way it should be! GOD forbid if you did something like that now, you'd have your a$$ hung up in a sling....

And not one person called the cops. Which at the time, I'm sure they would have laughed. But today, there's too much money to be made in fines and lawyers.

I never thought Id read a discussion on the legality of shooting a dog attacking your property. Not in this state. WTF to the whole damn deal

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    And not one person called the cops. Which at the time, I'm sure they would have laughed. But today, there's too much money to be made in fines and lawyers.

I never thought Id read a discussion on the legality of shooting a dog attacking your property. Not in this state. WTF to the whole damn deal

For the record, I was not disputing legality, only whether or not notification would be wise.

Just don't want to be miss interpreted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK

For the record, I was not disputing legality, only whether or not notification would be wise.

Just don't want to be miss interpreted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your not being misinterpreted. As for notification being wise or not, is the genre here.

Call animal control and get the dog removed. In turn, the neighbors will just call the law when they have issues with you. If you have another issue with them, call the law. And somewhere during the whole process, get a lawyer.

It's the American way

I humbly bow out.

smtimelevi

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    San Antonio

Here's a story my mean a** father told me. He died years ago...

Of course it was a different time and place.

He had a small corn field next to the house. Well the neighbor would steal corn off the stalks. He had a boxer at the time.

One day the dog got a hold of the idiot stealing the corn. A few days later he found his beloved dog dead. Some biscuits with crushed glass in them had killed the dog.

He go's on to explain that he went inside, and got his shotgun. Then he drove to the neighbors house and shot their dog off the porch.

In amazement I asked if they had came out the house after he shot their dog. He looked at me like I was stupid and said, "No, would you?"

After that, the neighbors didn't steal anymore corn.....

Get Some!

smtimelevi

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    San Antonio

I know everybody is scared of the cops and all the law suits these days but c'mon. I'm with grasshopperglock on this one. Actually Id like to buy the guy a beer and hear some more of these stories! If Someone or something or some animal is threatening my life or my loved ones or my pets/livestock, whatever that may be is getting fucking shot. If some PETA people dont like it then they can put their dog on a damn leash.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land

I know everybody is scared of the cops and all the law suits these days but c'mon. I'm with grasshopperglock on this one. Actually Id like to buy the guy a beer and hear some more of these stories! If Someone or something or some animal is threatening my life or my loved ones or my pets/livestock, whatever that may be is getting fucking shot. If some PETA people dont like it then they can put their dog on a damn leash.

Old school!

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston

For the record, I was attacked in a rural neighborhood where the houses sit on at least 5 acres. They aren't bunched up like city houses. A big problem for me is that it's a dead end road of about 1 1/4 mile in length. Once I go by that house, there is no way out except the way I came. I swear those bastards see me ride down to the end then let the dogs loose before I come back. The big, black male that bit me has run up to me several more times since then but my ASP is always ready to knock the shxt out of him. I think dogs sense when you're dangerous and he has stopped short of jumping me.

I have an ace in the hole. None of the dogs have tags and the officers told him they'll cite him for every one of the untagged dogs if this keeps happening.

I don't fault the dog as much as I do the owner but the dog is going to pay the price. He won't survive biting me again. That owner is a low life SOB!

Flash

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas

Shoot, shovel, and shut up. Be prepared and dig the hole first though or you might have to dig two holes........

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx

i know that there are animal lovers here i had a house in lawrence ks it was a mastiff it would not let me on the porch to my house i would have to climb in my window, caught the owner one day and told him flat if i catch the dog on my porch again im gonna kill him the owner said if i do i would have to shoot him too,
    well so be it. well came home the next night scaned there he was just chillin so climb through the window grabbed the rem 1100 filled with slugs.
    Blasted him off the porch 6 rounds walked him right off the porch, called the cops, by this time the owner ran up im all kinds of fn ni%&%ers but i told him that if he ran up on me i will shoot him to.
    cops came no charges filed cause leash law applied, but all the people that know me know i have a phobia about dogs.
    so killing a dog trying to attack me gets no mercy

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land

I got no use for aggressive dogs. I'll deal with any of 'em accordingly.
    The chain better end at the sidewalk.

#1gunner

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2012
    Dallas

I got no use for aggressive dogs. I'll deal with any of 'em accordingly.
    The chain better end at the sidewalk.

It has made me not walk my dog as much. Its ashamed I have to feel this way but we have idiots still out there. Part of the reason I got my CHL

cpileri

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2011
    near Fort Hood (Killeen)

Not to be anti-gun or anything; but would a snout full of pepper spray make a dog run off and stay afraid of you afterwards?

Sometimes, I just feel for the dog.

C-

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RafaelQ
    Top Bottom