Electric Vehicles here to stay, for good or bad?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Havok1

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    US
    I wouldn’t want to do either. Keep vehicles relatively full and have some fuel in gas cans at home. When it’s time to hit the road, the last thing you want to be doing is spending your evac time waiting in line at the gas station.

ILexpatriot

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2024
    Piney woods
    So Florida evacuations underway for hurricane Milton and they are staging fuel and charging stations along evacuation routes. That will be a slow and long route depending on where you live. Would you prefer the attempt with an ICE vehicle or an EV? I would think finding fuel and quickly refilling in an ICE would be better.
    I'm not an EV guy, but just a flip side..
    After Beryl, we had a hell of a time finding fuel way up here in Huntsville. Stations out of fuel. Lines around the block.. I'd sure still prefer ice, and other than our scooters, that's all we have.
    But if I had a short, predictable commute, I wouldn't be apposed to do it in an EV.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    1728481988365.png

Lead Belly

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jun 25, 2022
    Lake Conroe
    That buyer was New York-based American Lease, which agreed to pay $46.3 million for more than 3,000 Oceans. That works out to barely $15,000 each, much lower even than the reduced pricing Fisker tried to use to boost sales.

American Lease is no longer pleased with the terms of the deal, reports TechCrunch. Late last week, after it had already paid Fisker $42.5 million and taken delivery of more than 1,100 vehicles, Fisker informed the buyer that it wouldn't be able to port the cars to a new server. "[Oceans] cannot, as a technical matter, be 'ported' from the Fisker server to which the vehicles are currently linked to a distinct server owned and/or controlled by [American Lease]," Fisker claimed.

Lol, Due diligence done for.

Top Bottom