Y'all feel that?
    1726543757515.png

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    My buddy lives in Irving. He says when they demolished the old Cowboys stadium, they experienced quite a few small earthquakes afterward, with some blaming to the mass of material that was being moved. Others blamed fracking.

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    My buddy lives in Irving. He says when they demolished the old Cowboys stadium, they experienced quite a few small earthquakes afterward, with some blaming to the mass of material that was being moved. Others blamed fracking.

I'm sure some demorats blamed Trump and/or fossil fuels.

Last edited:

Otto_Mation

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2020
    Montgomery, TX

Lot's of people blame fracking but in West Texas it is primarily blamed on waste water injection, which is saltwater that has been separated from the hydrocarbons and injected into disposal wells. There is some merit to that. My company processes seismic data and we have been tasked with improving 3D seismic imaging to enable our clients to see basement faults that extend into the sedimentary section that are believed to be stimulated by injection of the saltwater into disposal wells. Very few earthquakes are caused by fracking. These earthquakes are going to happen eventually, might as well happen now before stresses build and cause earthquakes of greater magnitude.

ETA: The current trend is to drill and frack targets that do not contain large amounts of water so that disposal wells aren't needed.

Last edited:

Support
    Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ARMSAGORA
    Top Bottom