dbgun

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Houston, TX.
    I not only managed to get away on opening day, I actually got Friday off as well. I should have had a limit on Thursday, but I did manage to get 13 birds. Hunted Friday afternoon and got 10 more birds. I'm hoping to get away tomorrow afternoon, but with the way the wind is blowing, I'm not sure how good the hunting will be. My buddies went yesterday afternoon (8 hunters) and only magaed a couple of birds. We'll see.

ISO1600

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2011
    Abilene
    Hey guys, quick question- i'm new to Dove hunting (or hunting in general), and i'm not sure the best way to deal with teh birds after you blast them. For the most part i've been breasting them pretty much on the spot and tossing the meat in ice water. Could i just stick the whole bird in a cooler full of ice, and pluck/breast them later?
    Up here in Abilene (south side) we've got a good bit of them, and i'm shooting them in my backyard (like all my neighbors seem to be doing lol)

JADB

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    DFW
    No need to breast them on the spot. Put the bird in your pouch and do your thing later. I usually hunt 3-4 hours at a time and do all my breasting afterwards and then put on ice. They'll be fine.

Top Bottom