• ...and so much more!
  • Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    I will be hunting either in my front yard or with buddies that have some more land around here. I am going to miss opening day though. That sucks, and begins the whole season wrong.

dbgun

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Houston, TX.
    Looks like I'll have to work opening day of the Central zone, Hopefully I can get away the following day. Usually hunt the Dayton area.

Chupacabra Hunter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Corpus Christi TX
    In the South Zone, dove season doesn't start until Sept. 23.
    Hopefully I will be able to go the first weekend and use my new benelli 12ga. pump. Academy has a good sale this week on shells...

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    I'm gonna work on plumbing and drink beer and cry.
    Maybe I can go before season closes.

LJH

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2011
    Austin
    I am not making opening weekend. But my back yard will work just fine once I get around to it.

jamesmrj

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 28, 2011
    Cypress, TX
    I'll be hunting Friday and Saturday in the Bryan/College Station area. Sunday will be tailgating at the aggie game.

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    Not going to make opening day. I think I'll wait for late season, cold front pushed doves around early October. Not so many hunters, and plenty of birds if you hit it right.

Randman

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009
    Leander, TX
    Well hot damn I was invited to go tomorrow!! I haven't been dove hunting on opening day since I was 17 yrs old.. Heck, I haven't been dove hunting in over 15 yrs.. Can't wait..

tdwhite03

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    San Antonio
    Heck I dont have to go anywhere, I have a large koi pond in my backyard so I can sit on the patio and use my pellet rifle and get all the dove I want. It is not uncommon for us to have 50-60 of them hanging around each evening. They are pretty safe though as I really dont like the way the meat tastes.

indpendnt

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    DFW
    I'm just going to sit here and wish I was going...

Heck I dont have to go anywhere, I have a large koi pond in my backyard so I can sit on the patio and use my pellet rifle and get all the dove I want. It is not uncommon for us to have 50-60 of them hanging around each evening. They are pretty safe though as I really dont like the way the meat tastes.

Correction - I'm taking my pellet gun over to tdwhite03's house... I hear he's got a bunch of fat city dove that he ain't doin' nothin with...

coachrick

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    north-north Austin
    I will be hunting either in my front yard or with buddies that have some more land around here. I am going to miss opening day though. That sucks, and begins the whole season wrong.

B-I-L is just outside of Lometa and says there are so many birds that even I could hit one!(Never shot a dove killing gun...I'm a pistol guy.) He won't have quite the usual crowd but plans on having a pretty good feast the first night. I'm gonna wait until it cools down a bit before I head up that way.

If we get any rain, is that good or bad for dove hunting?

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    i was planning on having a bucnh of you guys out to shoot birds this season. but "progress" has infringed on my super cool spot.

:( sorry dudes.

Top Bottom