Gun Zone Deals

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    The horse pills are for 600+# horses. The medication is the same, just lower doses for 175# Humans.
    Ever wonder why an Epi pen costs about $400, yet Epinephrine for animals costs about 25 cents for a human size dose? Yeah, I trust big pharma and those associated with them. How much pharmaceutical stock does Fauci have again?

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    Ever wonder why an Epi pen costs about $400, yet Epinephrine for animals costs about 25 cents for a human size dose? Yeah, I trust big pharma and those associated with them. How much pharmaceutical stock does Fauci have again?

No denying that there is some truth in that. BUT, the cause is almost all caused by our bureaucracy, few companies do those things on their own. Remember that we must pay for all those nice jets the Plaintiff Bar Guys ride around in.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    B
    No denying that there is some truth in that. BUT, the cause is almost all caused by our bureaucracy, few companies do those things on their own. Remember that we must pay for all those nice jets the Plaintiff Bar Guys ride around in.
    Because the drug companies lobby the bureaucrats and legislators while they line their pockets!

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Yeah, and it's the lobbyists that pick the congressional committees on such things. What could go wrong?

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Good rx has the 2 pack of EpiPens from Walgreens for $113.
    I wasn't trying to say that EpiPens couldn't be found cheaper. It's the proportionality of cost of epinephrine, which many people can't live without, no matter of how it's dispensed. To me, it's extortion.

And these are the same people that say they are so concerned about lives during COVID.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Understand.

FYI, did you also know that when the patent ran out on the last EpiPens, they discontinued them (meaning you can't get them anymore) and miraculously there was a new patent.
    No I didn't, I don't need them, or know anyone that does.
    So not up on them.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    I wasn't trying to say that EpiPens couldn't be found cheaper. It's the proportionality of cost of epinephrine, which many people can't live without, no matter of how it's dispensed. To me, it's extortion.

And these are the same people that say they are so concerned about lives during COVID.

The situation you cited re "Epi-Pens" is somewhat unique and would bear investigation.

innominate

Asian Cajun
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Austin
    Understand.

FYI, did you also know that when the patent ran out on the last EpiPens, they discontinued them (meaning you can't get them anymore) and miraculously there was a new patent.
    If the patent period is over then anyone can produce them in generic form. At least that is my understanding.

That's happened with other meds. Once the patent ran out they changed something and applied for a new patent. Sell the original, usually at half strength, for otc use if the fda approves.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    If the patent period is over then anyone can produce them in generic form. At least that is my understanding.

That's happened with other meds. Once the patent ran out they changed something and applied for a new patent. Sell the original, usually at half strength, for otc use if the fda approves.
    Well, then you have to get into agreements with various pharmaceutical companies. As I hinted at, it's a rabbit hole and this one runs fairly deep.

I guess if you had enough money to manufacture something using an out of patent design or even a better design and sold it cheaper. Ask Preston Tucker how that goes, like when he probably designed a better car than other car manufacturers of the time.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    >
    Back to the original question: "don't vaccines work?"

Vaccines have saved and preserved more human lives and extended our life spans more than an other Medical Intervention. Antibiotics, heart surgeries, hormones, etc. combined don't equal the benefits that vaccines have given Humanity.

That said & understood, there are rare but very serious potential complications related to all vaccines. A few every year are killed or crippled by "adverse reactions" to vaccines. These are caused by unpredictable adverse reactions dictated by individual immunities, and so far remain unpredictable despite our best efforts.

One must look at this from a risk/benefit analysis standpoint. The benefits are so great, and the risks to any one individual are so small, that almost every REAL "expert" and virtually every Public Health Scientist feels the risk is well worth it.

With respect to current COVID vaccines, this is a relatively new illness and vaccine. We are still learning.

But, we already do know that many of the "adverse effects" have been fabrications, misunderstandings, or plain old propaganda.

The "Anti-VAXX" movement and community have ZERO credibility or respect among scientists who have spent their lives studying these things.

Unfortunately, many are naturally suspicious, and tend to accept anything which supports their suspicions indiscriminately.

Unfortunately, our internet is so filled with nonsense, lies, B-S, & propaganda that "internet searches" are fraught with almost impossible frustration. The alternative would be "internet censorship", which likely would likely wind-up run by our enemies and their politicians. So, as always, "Caveat Emptor".

Just know that internet searches in any area one is not schooled in, and very familiar with, are dangerous in terms of almost certainly giving readers a wrong impression.

To wit: EVERY single infectious disease Physician expert I know of has taken the COVID vaccines and given them to their families. Anyone who thinks he can do an "internet search" and gain knowledge those folks don't have after lifetimes of study is a fool.

Yes, medical experts can be wrong; but the odds historically certainly don't favor counting on it.

And, I recall how folks made fun of me for putting aircraft seat belts in my autos during the 1950's.

I have a piece on "Spotting Quacks", I'll look for it and re-post it.

leVieux

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    >
    Back to the original question: "don't vaccines work?"

Vaccines have saved and preserved more human lives and extended our life spans more than an other Medical Intervention. Antibiotics, heart surgeries, hormones, etc. combined don't equal the benefits that vaccines have given Humanity.

That said & understood, there are rare but very serious potential complications related to all vaccines. A few every year are killed or crippled by "adverse reactions" to vaccines. These are caused by unpredictable adverse reactions dictated by individual immunities, and so far remain unpredictable despite our best efforts.

One must look at this from a risk/benefit analysis standpoint. The benefits are so great, and the risks to any one individual are so small, that almost every REAL "expert" and virtually every Public Health Scientist feels the risk is well worth it.

With respect to current COVID vaccines, this is a relatively new illness and vaccine. We are still learning.

But, we already do know that many of the "adverse effects" have been fabrications, misunderstandings, or plain old propaganda.

The "Anti-VAXX" movement and community have ZERO credibility or respect among scientists who have spent their lives studying these things.

Unfortunately, many are naturally suspicious, and tend to accept anything which supports their suspicions indiscriminately.

Unfortunately, our internet is so filled with nonsense, lies, B-S, & propaganda that "internet searches" are fraught with almost impossible frustration. The alternative would be "internet censorship", which likely would likely wind-up run by our enemies and their politicians. So, as always, "Caveat Emptor".

Just know that internet searches in any area one is not schooled in, and very familiar with, are dangerous in terms of almost certainly giving readers a wrong impression.

To wit: EVERY single infectious disease Physician expert I know of has taken the COVID vaccines and given them to their families. Anyone who thinks he can do an "internet search" and gain knowledge those folks don't have after lifetimes of study is a fool.

Yes, medical experts can be wrong; but the odds historically certainly don't favor counting on it.

And, I recall how folks made fun of me for putting aircraft seat belts in my autos during the 1950's.

I have a piece on "Spotting Quacks", I'll look for it and re-post it.

leVieux
    What is the anti-vaxx movement? Before COVID I know there were many that refused vaccinations, but I never heard of a movement per se. When you adopt the talking points of an opposition to people's freedom to think for themselves, it only vilifies that freedom.

It all comes down to trust. When it becomes the norm to silence people to only hearing one side of a narrative, how does that garner trust? Why are questions now dangerous? You can be banned from social platforms just for asking a question deemed wrong think. Trust is earned, not demanded.

This vaccination, if you can really call it a vaccination, was being pushed first as a shield to a disease, a cure, a way to stop transmission. Now it's said it will only make you less sick, and won't stop transmission. If the people pushing these 'vaccines' can't tell you what they do in the present, how can I trust what they say they'll do in the future?

Top Bottom