• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    So if you agree with me in the separation of church and state, why would you sarcastically state that the founding fathers "must have screwed up"?

Key words. Mutual independence.

Hm.

Sounds to me like the founding fathers had no intention of there being faith at Mr. Beck's rally.

So, in your opinion, there should be no moral compass in which someone should use to choose who to vote for and support? That a body of religion should not take on issues, such as abortion, gay marriage etc?
    Venture Surplus ad

MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    The great country of West Texas
    Despite the subject that Becks rally was to bring people together in faith, faith itself is why we vote!!
    We simply have a choice to persue a life of liberty. Our faith is what keeps us resisting government tyranny!!
    Faith is the structure we live upon and if it wasnt for faith, we would have a country ruled by evil corruption!
    Oh Wait!!! We do have a country ruled by evil corruption. Thats why Mr. Beck gave the message of faith!
    Huh, go figure. A country that looses its faith is a country of people who lose their country.

West Texas

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Texas!
    [/SIZE][/FONT]

The separation of Church and State is designed to protect the right to religious freedom without the Government butting in on it. To think that the founding fathers felt that our system of government were somehow based on faith is absurd. Some were Deists, many were atheists.

Sorry my friend, but you took EVERY ONE of the quotes you used out of context...COMPLETELY out of context actually. And the faith, and the IMPORTANCE of their faith, is well documneted.

Vance

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    San Leon Texas
    I'll put this before the group.

If we allow a religion to take over and control our government, which religion should we allow to have that power ?

Which belief, and which church ?

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    I'll put this before the group.

If we allow a religion to take over and control our government, which religion should we allow to have that power ?

Which belief, and which church ?

None. The a government should not force a religion on it's people.

The people have the right though to come together and vote according to their faith. Even organize protests and rallies that mention their God and their beliefs.

That's why disparaging the Glenn Beck rally due to separation of church and state is wrong. We have a right to congregate, rally and vote according to our faith and morals.

Vance

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    San Leon Texas

The people have the right though to come together and vote according to their faith. Even organize protests and rallies that mention their God and their beliefs.

Not trying to be arguementative, I just want to bring up one point. ( I do agree with you )

Why is there so much Islamaphobia going on right now? If all americans are allowed the freedom of worship, does that not mean ALL Religions ?

Look at the recent event's in Tennessee. A mosque is in the process of being built and some idiots put a match to it. I'd say that that is an attempt to restrict someone's freedom to worship.

I only bring this up as it seem's that Mr. Beck is one of those doomsayers of the right.

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    I don't see Beck calling for the burning of mosques or speaking against Islam.

I'm honestly not a fan of Becks entertainment personality. I can listen for 10 min and then turn the channel. The tea party is doing a good job of speaking up against what is going on but needs better focus and less hooks that tie it back to the old school Republicans.

I do agree that the Christian right needs strengthening and I see this working towards that end.

MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010

That's why disparaging the Glenn Beck rally due to separation of church and state is wrong. We have a right to congregate, rally and vote according to our faith and morals.
    I was fixin to comment on Vance's post, but you said the exact thing I was going to. I agree with you 100% and cant add nothing more.

Vance

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    San Leon Texas
    I don't see Beck calling for the burning of mosques or speaking against Islam.

I'm honestly not a fan of Becks entertainment personality. I can listen for 10 min and then turn the channel.

I agree that perhaps none of the Faux talking heads have actually called folks to burn. But don't you think that if you actually preach (for lack of a better word) about the evil doings of a particular group, that eventually those that are mentally weak may think that they are doing everyone a service by acting on what they think they heard ?

You last about 5 minutes more than me.

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    As much as a fascination with Jodie Foster can lead one to pull the trigger on a president.

"Over the past seven months I've left you dozens of poems, letters and love messages in the faint hope that you could develop an interest in me. Although we talked on the phone a couple of times I never had the nerve to simply approach you and introduce myself. [...] the reason I'm going ahead with this attempt now is because I cannot wait any longer to impress you." -John Hinckley, Jr.

West Texas

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Texas!
    Not trying to be arguementative, I just want to bring up one point. ( I do agree with you )

Why is there so much Islamaphobia going on right now? If all americans are allowed the freedom of worship, does that not mean ALL Religions ?

Look at the recent event's in Tennessee. A mosque is in the process of being built and some idiots put a match to it. I'd say that that is an attempt to restrict someone's freedom to worship.

I only bring this up as it seem's that Mr. Beck is one of those doomsayers of the right.

Because Islam is not just a relegion, it is also a form of government and has it's own laws, laws that call for women to be burrined up to thier neck and stoned for even being suspected of having adultry.

I get the distinct impression that you have never listened to Mr Beck other than maybe a sound bite here or there...I think maybe if you were to listen for one week with an open mind, and check his facts, you might just chance your mind...

Clockwork

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    So, in your opinion, there should be no moral compass in which someone should use to choose who to vote for and support? That a body of religion should not take on issues, such as abortion, gay marriage etc?

Religion is not the sole source of possessing a moral compass, matefrio.

Clockwork

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    Religion adds to morals on the most part. Considering I only recognize one religion.

It does, yes. It should be said, however, that proper parenting is also a source of learning all of the fundamental moral and ethical standards that a person should abide by. Just because a person doesn't go to church does not automatically make them incapable of exercising sound judgment whilst chosing a political candidate for whatever office is up for election.

MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    It does, yes. It should be said, however, that proper parenting is also a source of learning all of the fundamental moral and ethical standards that a person should abide by. Just because a person doesn't go to church does not automatically make them incapable of exercising sound judgment whilst chosing a political candidate for whatever office is up for election.

I agree with ya. I have strong faith and hardly ever go to church. I dont go because I dont like it, I just dont like all them damn people!!
    I went to a new church weekend before last for the firts time since I dont remember. I even attended their sunday school class. All I heard in that sunday school class was a woman telling a struggling woman how she needs to give more of her money to the church for a whole hour. That doesnt set well with me. I believe God gave people the good sence to know when enough charity is enough. I also think a woman with 4 kids shouldnt be exspected to give as much as others.
    Religion is a wonderful thing, but faith should not be ruined by the wrongful actions of others. My faith remains the same even if I decide not to go back. Listening to people that I dont agree with is a wast of my time and faith.
    So no, people dont have to thump a bible to have good judgment, but knowing the word never hurt anyone. Good morals simply comes from good teaching. Those morals are tought from a book that many misrepresent.

Clockwork

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    Funny, I find myself wondering "Why is there so much Judeo-Christianphobia?"

All this talk coming from Glenn Beck about including God in politics is troubling for a society founded on religious freedom. Not only the freedom to practice (or not practice) a religion of their choosing but also to not have another religion impact their way of life through the politics they support. Gay marriage bans and anti-abortion laws are an example of the religious right impacting the lives of other Americans.

MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    All this talk coming from Glenn Beck about including God in politics is troubling for a society founded on religious freedom. Not only the freedom to practice (or not practice) a religion of their choosing but also to not have another religion impact their way of life through the politics they support. Gay marriage bans and anti-abortion laws are an example of the religious right impacting the lives of other Americans.
    Man, you should try to find a video of Becks gathering. Watch the whole thang.
    For example, Beck had 250 clergy from every faith in this country standing right behind him on those stairs. Find the coverage and watch the whole thing. You might have a better understanding about Glenns message then.
    Just so you know, it wasnt about politics.

Clockwork

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    I would like to watch it, actually. It's tough to be able to watch anything relevant while you're where I am and the Internet speeds don't really allow for YouTube watching if the video isn't just outright blocked by the country. His rally aside, though? When I've watched his show in the past he has often talked about needing God to be back in politics and things of that nature.

Top Bottom