• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vance

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    San Leon Texas
    Funny, I find myself wondering "Why is there so much Judeo-Christianphobia?"

Craig

Hi Craig,

I haven't really seen too many christian houses of worship being burned down lately.

Whereas I've seen a lot of folks pitchin a beach and actually burning down some islamic mosques.

TexasR.N.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2009
    Rampart
    Hi Craig,

I haven't really seen too many christian houses of worship being burned down lately.

Whereas I've seen a lot of folks pitchin a beach and actually burning down some islamic mosques.

Our houses of worship aren't being burnt down. It's our beliefs and values that have been "burned down" over the last 4 decades.
    Concerning the mosques being destroyed, I am not aware of any Christian organization calling for, or approving of their destruction. I certainly don't, I prefer the live and let live approach.

Craig

West Texas

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Texas!
    Hi Craig,

Our houses of worship aren't being burnt down. It's our beliefs and values that have been "burned down" over the last 4 decades.
    Concerning the mosques being destroyed, I am not aware of any Christian organization calling for, or approving of their destruction. I certainly don't, I prefer the live and let live approach.

Craig

I've not seen anything on mosques being burned down...anywhere...I do seem to recall a bad rash of churches being burned down in Alabama and Mississippi several years ago...both "black" churches and "white" churches...

MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    The great country of West Texas

rodbender

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2008
    Elgin, Texas
    Actually, our founding fathers did consider this.

In writing the first amendment, they intended both the prevention of creating a "national religion" but also the seperation of church in state. Thus preventing any particular church (religion) from taking control of our government and creating their own laws.

Basically, preventing our country from being much like some european countries that were covertly being run more by the pope than the actual heirchy.

It was actually the 1st congress that wrote the 1st amendment and the rest of the BOR. Even at that there is no seperation of chuch and state anywhere in the Constitution. The Constituton only appied to the feds, not the states. There were actually some states that had state sponsored religions after the ratification of the BOR. IIRC, N. Carolina's was Prespeterian.

Top Bottom