Hurley's Gold

Does this gun store employee know what he's talking about?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • levrakshun

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2011
    new braunfels
    just my two cents. youll never meet a more pompous ass than what stands behind a gun counter. they cant and wont believe anyone who walks thru there door knows more than they do about guns, or else that person would also own a gun shop. i have examples but most of you will know what i am talking about. sometimesi am agravated when i have to ask the clerk at the gun shop a question. its like theres 30 second preamble to why he knows the answer(as he is climbing on his pulpit)instead of just telling me.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    It's best when it happens at a place like Academy, but it is fun to stand within ear shot and correct them when they say something stupid.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    just my two cents. youll never meet a more pompous ass than what stands behind a gun counter. they cant and wont believe anyone who walks thru there door knows more than they do about guns, or else that person would also own a gun shop. i have examples but most of you will know what i am talking about. sometimesi am agravated when i have to ask the clerk at the gun shop a question. its like theres 30 second preamble to why he knows the answer(as he is climbing on his pulpit)instead of just telling me.

I find forum posters can be more pompus asses.

Good Grief, generalize much?

levrakshun

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2011
    new braunfels
    i am the only one who,has this experience? i am not very well rounded on firearms, except what i am into. there are lots of people out there who know more than me, but i know few who know more than my old man

shooterfpga

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Conroe, TX
    i am the only one who,has this experience? i am not very well rounded on firearms, except what i am into. there are lots of people out there who know more than me, but i know few who know more than my old man

i dont experiance it often, because i dont go asking questions unless its used. then i wanna know the history, supposed round count and care for it. other than that i keep it short because i dont wanna hear their bs. if im at the store, ive already researched it and know what to look for and what to do to fix it should it have an issue, just give me the gun.

BrenGunner

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    Kyle

Easy there.... I learn something almost every day from a customer on the other side of the counter. We're not all the same... I have no problem saying I don't know to questions.

levrakshun

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2011
    new braunfels
    well excuse me for stereotyping. I guess all of ya'll are not the same, guess my luck is bad with clerks. my dad is freinds with a few diffrent store owners, and one is an asshole. the others are ok, but most that i have encountered are often difficult to deal with.

BrenGunner

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    Kyle
    Ive had some horrific experiences with the gun counter employees, but have also learned alot from some. Just don't like being stereotyped.
    :)

shooterfpga

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Conroe, TX
    Ive had some horrific experiences with the gun counter employees, but have also learned alot from some. Just don't like being stereotyped.
    :)

and youre the kind of dealer we go to when we find out youre not like that. i think most of the gun store fud probably stems from pure business people that are only in it to make a quick buck and arent firearms enthusiests.

Marlowe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    out in the boonies
    What? The hardening proccess or the explanation?

: P
    The hardening process. Yes, it's thin, but it's a heck of a lot more than any "few molecules".. Usually with heat treating it's somewhere in the neighborhood of .030" thick: this can end up with thin parts being hardened all the way through... That's a bunch of molecules.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    That full auto operation just isn't possible in a striker fired pistol! The rear movement of the trigger actually engages the striker then moves it back or "cocks" it to enable it to fire. After firing, the trigger must return to reset for another round. Nothing is cocked or in firing position until the trigger movement makes it so. The store employee is full of crap.

The store employee could be correct when talking about a hammer fired pistol like the 1911. That's not going to happen in a Glock unless a full auto mechanism is incorporated into the pistol. The vintage H&K VP-70 striker fired pistol had a full auto mechanism with a detachable butt stock. Installing the stock enabled the full auto. The VP-70 is the direct ancestor of the Glock design.

The Glock model 18 is designed to be full auto. Research the model and you'll see how they do it.

Flash

Top Bottom