APOD Firearms

Do we have a sidearm compliment bragging thread?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    "Looking for a thread where members can brag about compliments they got on their OC toys."

Look up 'drag queens at the library' - they'll help you out!
    Venture Surplus ad

popsgarland

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    DFW area
    I once had a cute blonde stripper reach down my pants and grab ahold of my gun. In a unimpressive response she said " they make a pill for that". I gave her 20 bucks and told her to beat it. Bouncers showed me the door.

273579953_314897003937173_7965347867822505907_n.jpg

bigtex10mm

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2021
    Fayette Co.
    Other than at a buddies birthday party while wearing my BBQ gun.....I was on my way to work and since I had my 1911 torn down waiting on some parts to come in I decided to carry my Stainless SIG P220 in .45acp. I was stopped by a Texas State Trooper, who thought I was not dimming my bright lights soon enough. As I was required I to do, I handed him my CHL on top of my DL. He asked me if I was carrying and I lifted my shirt to show the gun being carried IWB. After I showed him that the LED headlights were very bright even on low beam he asked me what model the gun was. I told him and asked if he wanted to inspect it. So I raised my arms so he could retrieve the gun. He unloaded it and really gave it a good look over, almost drooling on it. He stated that he was a .45 guy and wished the DPS would allow them to carry that gun, blued, instead of stainless like mine. He handed me the gun, magazine and bullet he cycled out and told me that it was a "great looking gun". So I guess that was my one time compliment other than the BBQ gun. I sold that gun because even my 6'4"- 280lb frame found it hard to carry for long periods of time. I truly think if I had a custom holster for the gun, like I have for all my other guns, things might have been a little different.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Other than at a buddies birthday party while wearing my BBQ gun.....I was on my way to work and since I had my 1911 torn down waiting on some parts to come in I decided to carry my Stainless SIG P220 in .45acp. I was stopped by a Texas State Trooper, who thought I was not dimming my bright lights soon enough. As I was required I to do, I handed him my CHL on top of my DL. He asked me if I was carrying and I lifted my shirt to show the gun being carried IWB. After I showed him that the LED headlights were very bright even on low beam he asked me what model the gun was. I told him and asked if he wanted to inspect it. So I raised my arms so he could retrieve the gun. He unloaded it and really gave it a good look over, almost drooling on it. He stated that he was a .45 guy and wished the DPS would allow them to carry that gun, blued, instead of stainless like mine. He handed me the gun, magazine and bullet he cycled out and told me that it was a "great looking gun". So I guess that was my one time compliment other than the BBQ gun. I sold that gun because even my 6'4"- 280lb frame found it hard to carry for long periods of time. I truly think if I had a custom holster for the gun, like I have for all my other guns, things might have been a little different.
    Hey, what's the idea? Trying to post on topic here?

BBL

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 8, 2021
    TX
    This thread is California transplant , riding a big Italian while tanning on the way to the gym level.
    Y'all are a hoot! You forgot "taking selfies while holding an AR-15 in front of a Welcome to Texas sign". We never got to see that selfie, did we? :)
    Whatever happened to that crotch-rocket kid? I already forgot about him, now he's back on my mind. Nice going! :D

But I gotta ask you personally: why the hostility? Jealous? You never got a compliment on your Glock?

Now we just gotta wait for the thread to finish spiraling down the drain and get locked. I have faith in y'all, you can do it! ;)

PinnedandRecessed

Allegedly
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 11, 2019
    Hays County
    Y'all are a hoot! You forgot "taking selfies while holding an AR-15 in front of a Welcome to Texas sign". We never got to see that selfie, did we? :)
    Whatever happened to that crotch-rocket kid? I already forgot about him, now he's back on my mind. Nice going! :D

But I gotta ask you personally: why the hostility? Jealous? You never got a compliment on your Glock?

Now we just gotta wait for the thread to finish spiraling down the drain and get locked. I have faith in y'all, you can do it! ;)
    Satire.
    1652383864459.png

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    "Whatever happened to that crotch-rocket kid? I already forgot about him, now he's back on my mind. Nice going!"

Say what?

Gym, tan, laundry...you back?

Sure as hell sounds like you!

bigtex10mm

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2021
    Fayette Co.
    Wearing IWB and asking a cop to retrieve it to inspect has to be a joke, right? I couldn't even imagine volunteering that opportunity
    No it was not a joke. First I have no problem with most LEO's and certainly not one a s friendly as this DPS Trooper. I have some very good friends that are LEO's and two of them are DPS Troopers as well. In talking with them about carrying firearms, I was always told to let the Trooper make the decision on how he wanted to handle my carrying a firearm, to make him feel safe. Having the Trooper taking the gun out of my holster and making it safe is a much better situation than me drawing it out and him possibly mis-interpreting my actions. He and I both knew that I was withing my right and the law for carrying a weapon. I just wanted the situation to end up like it did....pleasant, no mis-interpretation and no ticket!!!

Top Bottom