APOD Firearms

Do we have a sidearm compliment bragging thread?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BBL

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 8, 2021
    TX
    I have been looking for one but can't find it. Mods, if there is one, please feel free to merge.

Looking for a thread where members can brag about compliments they got on their OC toys. (Let's assume nobody gets compliments on their CC toys such as "hey ssssailor, is that a li'l .380 in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?")

Occasionally I get a compliment on my shiny 1911 on my belt. (it is hot in Texas so I don't always wear a concealment garment)
    I mentioned it among some good friends over beer and one of them came back with "I call BS, it can't be true, I don't get any compliments when I OC my Glock". After a second of silence, we all busted out laughing, including him. (he has a good sense of humor ... but he still owns a Glock, we have no idea how to fix him :) )

My latest brag is double.
    1) A few weeks ago, our car broke down and we needed assistance. PD showed up, provided assistance and as they were leaving, one of the young kids (officers) mentioned "gorgeous shiny 1911 you got there". Does a brag count as triple if the compliment came from a LEO? :) Maybe we can make this a scoring competition? :)
    2) Another brag was from today. I had to run two errands and since it was not butt-scorching-hot, I took the bike (motorbike). Stopped at a red light, a guy in a nice gun-metal grey Charger pulls up alongside me. He hollered "nice!". I nodded. He asked "is that a .45?" He caught me by surprise and I could not muster any better response but "What else?" He agreed with me. And before I could mention that chambering a 1911 in 9mm or 10mm is considered the 12th sin, the light turned green and we sped off and went our separate ways.

What's your bragging story about getting a compliment on your OC piece?

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    OP must not be from around here. OP also needs a more reliable automobile. And OP is lyin’ because everybody knows a cop ain’t gonna lay down a donut to help out a stranded motorist unless the cop intends to ventilate the stranded motorist. And two cops working at the same time? Horsepuckey!

Geezer

Mostly Peaceful
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 23, 2019
    Silsbee, Texas
    When my wife saw my 1904 Colt Bisley for the first time she said, "That looks just like the cap gun my brother had when he was a kid."

1904 Bisley.jpg

PinnedandRecessed

Allegedly
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 11, 2019
    Hays County
    I have been looking for one but can't find it. Mods, if there is one, please feel free to merge.

Looking for a thread where members can brag about compliments they got on their OC toys. (Let's assume nobody gets compliments on their CC toys such as "hey ssssailor, is that a li'l .380 in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?")

Occasionally I get a compliment on my shiny 1911 on my belt. (it is hot in Texas so I don't always wear a concealment garment)
    I mentioned it among some good friends over beer and one of them came back with "I call BS, it can't be true, I don't get any compliments when I OC my Glock". After a second of silence, we all busted out laughing, including him. (he has a good sense of humor ... but he still owns a Glock, we have no idea how to fix him :) )

My latest brag is double.
    1) A few weeks ago, our car broke down and we needed assistance. PD showed up, provided assistance and as they were leaving, one of the young kids (officers) mentioned "gorgeous shiny 1911 you got there". Does a brag count as triple if the compliment came from a LEO? :) Maybe we can make this a scoring competition? :)
    2) Another brag was from today. I had to run two errands and since it was not butt-scorching-hot, I took the bike (motorbike). Stopped at a red light, a guy in a nice gun-metal grey Charger pulls up alongside me. He hollered "nice!". I nodded. He asked "is that a .45?" He caught me by surprise and I could not muster any better response but "What else?" He agreed with me. And before I could mention that chambering a 1911 in 9mm or 10mm is considered the 12th sin, the light turned green and we sped off and went our separate ways.

What's your bragging story about getting a compliment on your OC piece?
    1652301696800.png

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Only got one "compliment" and I'm not sure that's the right word.

Open carrying a Springfield XDs in a local convenience store. There's an altercation outside. Woman pumping gas comes inside and asks the clerk to call the police, saying that homeless guy outside was hassling her.

Then she looked at me and said "Thank God someone has a gun."

Homeless guy stared into the store a short while, walked away, and LE arrived far too late to find him. I never did figure out what the altercation was about.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Thaskinny1
    Top Bottom