• ...and so much more!
  • MountainGirl

Hovering
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 22, 2022
    Big Thicket
    ... Touchup paint repaired the damage the technician did, however it won't replace my trust in their honesty.
    That's the nut, right there.
    Took veh in for regular service at dealer, all items on their checksheet form signed off on, including the rear window wiper blade that came in half torn off & hanging. I didn't check it, just assumed they'd replaced it, paid & left.
    When I got home and found it still bad, I wondered what else they didn't do but said they did. Called the manager, told him why I'd never be back.

striker55

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2021
    Katy
    Years ago took my car in for service at the dealer. When I picked it up I noticed all my change in the center console was gone. Went back in to talk to the service manager, when I told him he said even the Bible says you shouldn't temp your fellow man, to take the change out before coming in. I couldn't believe he said that. He didn't do anything.

MountainGirl

Hovering
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 22, 2022
    Big Thicket
    What an idiot.
    Years ago took my car in for service at the dealer. When I picked it up I noticed all my change in the center console was gone. Went back in to talk to the service manager, when I told him he said even the Bible says you shouldn't temp your fellow man, to take the change out before coming in. I couldn't believe he said that. He didn't do anything.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I don’t trust any shops anymore.

But, a local Ford dealership now has signs on the service entrance stating any recording devices will be disabled and customer will be responsible for reactivating or reinstalling after work is complete. **** that, what the hell are they doing with your vehicles that they are afraid you will see? I’d never use a shop that’s afraid of me knowing what they were doing with y vehicle.

DoubleDuty

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2019
    DFW
    I'm fortunate enough to have a brother who is a mechanic and is the only person that I want to fix my pickup. Plus he lets me use his account at the local parts house to get a discount on the parts.

Too many horror stories about the local mechanics to ever trust them with anything.
    Yep my brother was a Mechanic also who resides in PA. I get advise from him and I do the work myself.

IXLR8

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    I have used the local Christian Bros a few times. Mostly because they could address the issue immediately. I thought that the cost of repairs was high but not astronomical.
    I can say that have never had to return because their repair was poor. Getting it right the first time is worth a little extra money. The dealerships rarely get it done correctly.
    I am pretty certain that there isn’t any place that can change engine oil correctly. It is either very overfilled, or underfilled. Or they don’t tighten the drain plug, cross thread it, or incorrectly fail to fasten the access panel.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    My son had an old Crown Vic he bought during his last years in college. Former fire chief car, with the spotlights still on the sides. It had lots of problems, as those cars do. I took it to a local Christian Bro's and the guy who worked on it did a good job and pointed out some stuff I could fix without professional help, like the bearings being shot on the belt tensioner. It was a good experience, so when it developed a new problem, I took it back there. The old guy from before was gone. After they kept the car all day, I went by to pick it up. They didn't fix the problem, and the reason they didn't fix it was because they wanted to give me the "opportunity" to fix a ton of other things. For example, there was a very small drip from the transmission. All of those old V8's had that, and I wasn't about to spent a bunch of money for a drip that lost a pint a year. They came up with something like $5,000 of things that could be repaired - all minor stuff except the one thing I brought it in for. I've since heard the same story from others. Unethical as hell. I worked in a gas station while I was in college and I remember those shops that made tons of money by convincing people that if they didn't replace all their shock absorbers the car would crash. I had someone else do the repair that I brought it in for and they'll never see another nickel from me.
    If it was legal to hit a motherfucker that pulls that shit in the nuts with a tire iron, I bet it would stop pretty quick. I take my car for something to be done, do what I dropped it off for. You can talk to me about other shit it may need when I am checking out.

Top Bottom