• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    If the tank is ever dropped for anything more serious. I might do the tank vent mod while I'm at it too. Though I read that some trucks have the one way anti-siphon valve in the neck. I'm wondering if 1. my truck has it and 2. if the cap was blocked by that from going all the way in. I guess I should stick a tube down there and see.

swcc22

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    fannin county
    Take the filler neck loose there is a roll over valve there so its not in the tank provided your talking about a one ton or smaller.

The only easy day was yesterday.

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    If you see 2500 badged Ram duallies, they have had a conversion. Lots of guys on the forums are doing them. They simply require donor trucks and a day and viola.

On the other hand I can't think of a 2500 dually. I'm drawing a big blank. Who makes them?

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    Any truck newer than 1997 it has one its the law

My 02 F350 doesn't have one. I've dropped the tank before and it's not there. Had the truck since it was new.

On the other hand I can't think of a 2500 dually. I'm drawing a big blank. Who makes them?

I can't either, even if you include 250 so Ford can join the conversation with the other two. The only DRW trucks I'm familiar with are one ton and above.

swcc22

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    fannin county
    You pull the hose off the spout and there should have been a white plastic ball it is the law all passenger vehicles after 97 is supost to have a roll over valve.

The only easy day was yesterday.

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    You pull the hose off the spout and there should have been a white plastic ball it is the law all passenger vehicles after 97 is supost to have a roll over valve.

Maybe there's a difference between cars and trucks. Mine didn't have it. Neither did my wife's truck or daughters Excursion, or the other Ford diesel guys I've helped drop their tank to do the in tank mods. Of course the Ford 7.3 powerstroke isn't OBDII compliant either, regardless of what you may read about all vehicles 97 and newer. The truck has OBDII codes, but the motor doesn't speak that language.

Top Bottom