• ...and so much more!
  • Stukaman

Well-Known
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 26, 2011
    Fort Worth
    What are y'all using or is it all snake oil? I use diesel power service and run a quart of 2 stroke through mine every once in awhile. No clue if it wrks but maybe it help.
    Guns International

Acesn8's

Well-Known
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Llano county
    Same as you tho sometimes I'll run some Diesel Kleen thru as well just gotta remember.
    Some swear additives work others thumb their noses all I know is my 7.3 runs really well.

Rangel

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2012
    Crosby Tx
    I ran some 2cycle oil in my 03 5.9L cummins. I can't remember the ratio though. Ran smoother, idled quieter, picked up a little mpg.

Stukaman

Well-Known
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 26, 2011
    Fort Worth
    In my 2005 they say you can run up to 10% waste oil waste oil bein used motor oil. They being cummins I also see that they recommend valvolene motor oil, I've always ran rotella in my work semis so I've run rotella in my personal diesel too.

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    A lot will have to do with what type of engine you're talking about. In general, lubricity is way down with ULSD fuel so an additive is beneficial. Will it benefit enough to pay for itself in savings or increased longevity? Probably not, but it might with some types of injectors.

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    Biodiesel does a pretty good job of cleaning things out.

I can remember when I worked in a gas station years ago that truck drivers would sometimes come in and buy transmission oil to get their systems cleaned.

cbigclarke

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    cypress
    Red dyed fuel is a bad thing only if IRS dips your tank. I havent seen that done in 15 years.

Lucas is the way to go with any additive.

ATF is a old school method for old school motors...hint hint

Delvac is the way to go. Higher psi readings than the others

Rangel

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2012
    Crosby Tx
    My dad had his 1ton haul truck and trailer impounded for red dye when it was dipped by DOT couple years ago.

cbigclarke

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    cypress
    I dont see how or why. it's not a DOT thing. It's a tax thing which falls under IRS. Then again A 1 ton is a easy mark for dipping

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    Why is red fuel bad? Being a military mechanic most of my time as a mechanic, this is new to me. We used to put a quart of tranny fluid in our tanks for the fuel system and on our older trucks-in the oil to help with the seals.

Tip: If you wanna run tranny in your fuel to avoid the red dye in the tank-fill up your fuel filter with tranny fluid when you do a filter change. I know of at least one Texas truck dealership that does that automatically with no complaints.

Sent while trying to concentrate on 6 things at once.

shooterfpga

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Conroe, TX
    red dye fuel is used to distinguish taxable road fuel, and nontaxable. when caught with red you looking at large fines

ive had my tank dipped for offroad diesel (red) it is a DOT thing. the weigh master troopers can pull you over and test you. ive had our drivers and myself and even personal vehicles tested. i had fueled up using red dye fuel once or twice because the dang pump for normal fuel either wasnt workin or pumping slow. dont get caught and make sure you run a a ton of normal tanks after to thin it out.

cbigclarke

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    cypress
    ive had my tank dipped for offroad diesel (red) it is a DOT thing. the weigh master troopers can pull you over and test you. ive had our drivers and myself and even personal vehicles tested. i had fueled up using red dye fuel once or twice because the dang pump for normal fuel either wasnt workin or pumping slow. dont get caught and make sure you run a a ton of normal tanks after to thin it out.
    i use to use it a lot back in my O/O days. i always kept a bottle of Marvel Mystery oil as my excuse. thankfully i never needed one.

I hadnt heard or seen it done in a long time. I was sure they had stopped dipping

shooterfpga

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Conroe, TX
    i use to use it a lot back in my O/O days. i always kept a bottle of Marvel Mystery oil as my excuse. thankfully i never needed one.

I hadnt heard or seen it done in a long time. I was sure they had stopped dipping

hell no! they sure do it still maybe not as often anymore because i hear them newer diesels can barely handle themselves as it is without going into limp mode (regeneration) and needing that cleaner crap. they prolly figure if it can barely run on that it wont run on red dye haha.

Stukaman

Well-Known
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 26, 2011
    Fort Worth
    Know for a fact they dip out in Lubbock ha a friend tell me she would turn the pumps on at the farm supply she wrkd at if I wanted but just don't get caught lol.

Top Bottom