APOD Firearms

Did you notice that a month went by with permitless carry allowed in Texas?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Well, we know what one member here thinks of CC

screenshot_20211001-200704_facebook-jpg.280118

I thought he was banned anyways.
    Texas SOT

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211001-200704_Facebook.jpg
      Screenshot_20211001-200704_Facebook.jpg
      53 KB · Views: 186

Sikgun

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2021
    Temple
    I haven't seen any reports of the carnage in the streets if Texas allowed one to legally carry a gun without asking for permission. During debate on the bill in legislature it was all dome and gloom by the anti-constitution carry Dems. So far not much seems to have happened which is a good thing. And nothing about any problems in other states that went permitless carry before Texas.

One comment I heard before Gov Abbott signed the bill is that most who wanted to carry were already doing so under the CHL/LTC law. As mentioned elsewhere on this forum people find out real quick how much a pain in the ass (hips, shoulders, back, leg) carrying any gun on a regular basis can become. If you have carried for awhile I bet you have a box with all the failed belts, holsters accessories that didn't work for you while trying to carry a gun all the time. And you tried different types of guns. I started with small frame revolvers and later switched to large frame semi-autos and when they came out back down to small frame semi-autos.
    Carnage? naa maybe in Austin but they were doomed anyways. as for the box, its full of pants that don't fit me anymore damn whataburger

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border

No. Fact is I while I have read a small bit about it, I have not paid much attention to permit free carry in TX - that since I have a LTC. I see nothing wrong with a license not being a requirement, as a matter of fact I see that as virtually everything being right. I'll have to read up more on the law, to see if I want to go that way or renew, before my current license is due for renewal.

DoubleDuty

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2019
    DFW
    Same claims were spouted when concealed carry occurred in 1995. Nothing happened.

Same claims were spouted when open carry occurred in 2016. Nothing happened.

Same claims were spouted when Constitutional carry occurred in 2021. Nothing happened.

See a trend here?
    Yep law abiding people and guns are not the problem and never have been.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Same claims were spouted when concealed carry occurred in 1995. Nothing happened.

Same claims were spouted when open carry occurred in 2016. Nothing happened.

Same claims were spouted when Constitutional carry occurred in 2021. Nothing happened.

See a trend here?
    Yeah, if this keeps up, Texas is going to lose it's reputation as the 'wild west'.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx

No. Fact is I while I have read a small bit about it, I have not paid much attention to permit free carry in TX - that since I have a LTC. I see nothing wrong with a license not being a requirement, as a matter of fact I see that as virtually everything being right. I'll have to read up more on the law, to see if I want to go that way or renew, before my current license is due for renewal.
    Although I just renewed a few months back, I decided to continue with an LTC for the convenience.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Do you mran the convenience of no NICS checks when buying from a dealer? If not, what else makes the LTC more convenient?

For one, licensed carry may not be prohibited in locations where unlicensed carry is...

Secondly, carrying in many states with reciprocity requires a license from your home state.

In case of being stopped by authorities for minor infractions such as traffic violations, the possession of a LTC may have a positive impact on the circumstances. I firmly believe law enforcement will treat those with licenses more leniently than unlicensed individuals.

Lastly, there is the benefit of having had a background investigation by the state when it comes to private firearm sales...

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    Yeah, if this keeps up, Texas is going to lose it's reputation as the 'wild west'.
    I hosted a coworker of mine from Italy a few years back. He was in town for business related activities, and after work one day, I took him to an Astros game. At the time, my windshield was pretty pocked up with rock chips; a couple were perfectly round. He asked if they were from bullets. I got a good laugh out of that...

Double Naught Spy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    North Texas
    I haven't seen any reports of the carnage in the streets if Texas allowed one to legally carry a gun without asking for permission. During debate on the bill in legislature it was all dome and gloom by the anti-constitution carry Dems. So far not much seems to have happened which is a good thing. And nothing about any problems in other states that went permitless carry before Texas.

One comment I heard before Gov Abbott signed the bill is that most who wanted to carry were already doing so under the CHL/LTC law. As mentioned elsewhere on this forum people find out real quick how much a pain in the ass (hips, shoulders, back, leg) carrying any gun on a regular basis can become. If you have carried for awhile I bet you have a box with all the failed belts, holsters accessories that didn't work for you while trying to carry a gun all the time. And you tried different types of guns. I started with small frame revolvers and later switched to large frame semi-autos and when they came out back down to small frame semi-autos.

No gloom and doom just like there was non when the CHL came into play. Also, no change in crime rates either. It is pretty much a non-event to all parties involved, at least on a practical level. Crimes are going to happen, regardless.

Crossroads

Wild West Pimp
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    Round Rock, TX
    I've been going around asking open carry and heavy printing cc if they have a LTC. If they say no I ask them if they've done their in store pop yet. I tell them they have to do it wild west pimp style and mag dump.

Top Bottom