Texas SOT

Did you notice that a month went by with permitless carry allowed in Texas?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DougC

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2021
    Texas
    I haven't seen any reports of the carnage in the streets if Texas allowed one to legally carry a gun without asking for permission. During debate on the bill in legislature it was all dome and gloom by the anti-constitution carry Dems. So far not much seems to have happened which is a good thing. And nothing about any problems in other states that went permitless carry before Texas.

One comment I heard before Gov Abbott signed the bill is that most who wanted to carry were already doing so under the CHL/LTC law. As mentioned elsewhere on this forum people find out real quick how much a pain in the ass (hips, shoulders, back, leg) carrying any gun on a regular basis can become. If you have carried for awhile I bet you have a box with all the failed belts, holsters accessories that didn't work for you while trying to carry a gun all the time. And you tried different types of guns. I started with small frame revolvers and later switched to large frame semi-autos and when they came out back down to small frame semi-autos.
    ARJ Defense ad

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    Wait......I can't answer right now.....there's a raging gun battle going on outside and I want to watch the carnage............j/k....j/k.....

Haven't noticed any difference in my day to day life..................

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    I haven't seen any reports of the carnage in the streets if Texas allowed one to legally carry a gun without asking for permission. During debate on the bill in legislature it was all dome and gloom by the anti-constitution carry Dems. So far not much seems to have happened which is a good thing. And nothing about any problems in other states that went permitless carry before Texas.

One comment I heard before Gov Abbott signed the bill is that most who wanted to carry were already doing so under the CHL/LTC law. As mentioned elsewhere on this forum people find out real quick how much a pain in the ass (hips, shoulders, back, leg) carrying any gun on a regular basis can become. If you have carried for awhile I bet you have a box with all the failed belts, holsters accessories that didn't work for you while trying to carry a gun all the time. And you tried different types of guns. I started with small frame revolvers and later switched to large frame semi-autos and when they came out back down to small frame semi-autos.

Well, that "most people" comment was dubious at best, and especially given how stupid government agencies have been during the majority of The Rona Era - there were a good number of us in limbo that simply couldn't get a license to carry and either had to "bend" the laws, or not carry at all.

I don't have my LTC yet. I'll get it at some point, but right now I am carrying every time I leave the house. Felt good to be "legal" again.

So far the only side effect, other than more of us being legal to carry - has been the guy in Houston that saved his ass from an armed robber like, the day after the law went into effect.

Something tells me we're not going to be seeing any "wild west, pimp style" shootouts any time soon. I do have to wonder though, how must one dress to be a wild west style pimp? Do we simply need to wear a leather vest over a silk shirt with jeans, or do we modernize it a bit and get some cowboy boots with clear soles/heels with some fish in them, and an oversized cowboy hat with a big feather? Pearl handles taped to my plastic gun?

DougC

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2021
    Texas
    Well, that "most people" comment was dubious at best, and especially given how stupid government agencies have been during the majority of The Rona Era - there were a good number of us in limbo that simply couldn't get a license to carry and either had to "bend" the laws, or not carry at all.

I don't have my LTC yet. I'll get it at some point, but right now I am carrying every time I leave the house. Felt good to be "legal" again.

So far the only side effect, other than more of us being legal to carry - has been the guy in Houston that saved his ass from an armed robber like, the day after the law went into effect.

Something tells me we're not going to be seeing any "wild west, pimp style" shootouts any time soon. I do have to wonder though, how must one dress to be a wild west style pimp? Do we simply need to wear a leather vest over a silk shirt with jeans, or do we modernize it a bit and get some cowboy boots with clear soles/heels with some fish in them, and an oversized cowboy hat with a big feather? Pearl handles taped to my plastic gun?
    Just don't be a 'Tactical Hobo'

Aus_Schwaben

First to know - Last to care!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 31, 2019
    Abilene, TX
    For a bunch of newbies they are doing a great job of policing up their brass. I do not know if they are doing such a great job as a counter forensics technique or they know how much brass is worth.

Either way, despite the raging gun battles, I have not seen any loose brass off the range. Anybody else notice that?

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia

These days, because it never gets "cold" to me - you'll find me in shorts, and either a nice Hawaiian / silk shirt, or a button down breathable lightweight fishing style shirt. I still haven't "acclimated" to Texas weather like people warned me of (and I hope I never do, because right now I love "fall" and "winter" here and still rock shorts and short sleeve shirts 99% of the time) - aside from Snowpocalypse back in February, I never got cold, so I haven't had to dress like a Yankee in a long time.

Before moving to God's country, my typical daily attire was my company work shirt, work pants (5.11's, which are still my preferred long pant because there are *no* more comfortable pants to me) and my work boots. Depending on how dressy I felt that day, I'd tuck the shirt in, or let the tail hang. For years I've used tuckable holsters almost exclusively, but lately I've not rigged my holsters for tuckable carry, because I haven't had to tuck a shirt in since Sept 1.

SA_Steve

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 1, 2014
    San Antonio, Texas USA
    For a bunch of newbies they are doing a great job of policing up their brass. I do not know if they are doing such a great job as a counter forensics technique or they know how much brass is worth.

Either way, despite the raging gun battles, I have not seen any loose brass off the range. Anybody else notice that?
    They are revolver fans.

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    The only difference I’ve noticed is a few friends and neighbors seeking out advice on holsters, belts, and carry positions. I was more than happy to provide my $0.02, but made sure they all understood there’s no single right answer for everyone’s comfort and convenience.

oohrah

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2013
    Heart O' Texas
    I saw a young guy, early 20s, open carrying in Panda Express while I was waiting in line (I was CC). He didn't look like the type that would have an LTC (I know, profiling). If anybody else noticed, I couldn't tell. If the line hadn't been so long, I might've chatted him up.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!

I just think of the dumb assess wearing Biden/ Harris t-shit as the fools who pimped them two into office as pimps!

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom