Demand outweighs supplies - how long will this last?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mohawk600

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Austin
    Today I found 500 round boxes of Remington Thunderbolt for sale @ 1000 rounds (2 boxes) for $85............I raff at that. I bought a lifetime supply on sale before the COVID shit for $15 per box......roflmao

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    I think last time it lasted about 18 months, but there were millions upon millions fewer gun owners 7 years ago. And only one causative factor; the threat of bans. Now we have the threat of bans (Biden/Harris), Covid, BLM, and antifa in the mix. Could be a much more deeply entrenched shortage.

On the other hand, if it goes on for an extended period, we may say manufacturers invest in higher production capabilities. I think they are less willing to do so this time because of the relatively short term gains from the last run on ammo. The scarcity of firearms now is much worse than right after Sandy Hook. Seriously, I'm starting to wonder if a lot of this is intentional. /Tin foil hat/off

Last edited:

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    My prediction is stocked shelves by Christmas. Maybe not everything but most.

The hoarders can't buy all of it and consumers are already seeing supplies trickle back in.

The biggest cause for a shortage? People buying everything because they hear there will be a shortage thus creating a shortage.

I see guys that reload maybe 2k rounds a year buying 10k primers because "they might not be able to find them again". I guess screw the next guy that might need them now is part of the greed that is becoming a habit.

What really sucks is we'll be seeing shops close their doors again in a few years because prices are back to normal and they didn't plan ahead.

We will see cheap ammo again as supply will soon outrun demand as it always does. It's the American way.

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    There was no shortage of 22lr ammo. It was available but at prices we weren't wanting to pay fueled by talk of a shortage.

You could say the same about now.

You can buy 9mm from CTD or some no name reloading company, but they are going to rape you silly on the cost

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Not that long ago, the .22lr shortage lasted a few years...

Even during the shortage I bought almost 10K rounds of 22 at reasonable prices. After it became plentiful again I gave most of that stuff away to my kids. Christmas gifts, birthday gifts, etc. It became a big joke in my family that whoever had a birthday, they were getting 22 ammo. And they all had a 22 to shoot the ammo, so yay me.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom